Premium Passholder 20% -- GONE

Cmdr_Crimson

I Think we need more than comments...
angry-mob.jpg

Rasvar

This happens every time they start getting a pickup in day guests. WDW will court the AP'ers when times are down and try to jettison them when things start improving. Last thing they want to do is get dependent on AP'ers. They require more things: like ride maintenance and new experiences.

pixargal

I don't understand TDO's thinking. Why would you discourage your most loyal customers? Before we became DVC owners we would purchase APs to get the best resort discounts. We would visit 2-3 times a year versus maybe once year. Obviously, that means more money for them. I enjoy being a DVC owner and we are going to WDW this summer. But, our APs expire while we are there and we will not be renewing them. We will be visiting Sea World and, perhaps, Universal. I love Disney, but feel they need to step up their game before I plunk down $500 apiece for our passes.

Condorman

I don't understand TDO's thinking. Why would you discourage your most loyal customers? Before we became DVC owners we would purchase APs to get the best resort discounts. We would visit 2-3 times a year versus maybe once year. Obviously, that means more money for them. I enjoy being a DVC owner and we are going to WDW this summer. But, our APs expire while we are there and we will not be renewing them. We will be visiting Sea World and, perhaps, Universal. I love Disney, but feel they need to step up their game before I plunk down $500 apiece for our passes.

Why would you ever believe you are their most loyal customer? Buying an AP is a discounted ticket. If you're staying in a DVC, I don't care how much you plunked down to buy into the program, you're paying less in the long run than a family who visits once a year for 4-5 years. Disney is losing money on you. You are not their best customer. Their best and most loyal guest is the one that flies into MCO, uses the DME, stays in a resort, preferably Mod-Dlx for at least 7-10 days, and dines at Sigs or a lot of TS spots and pays OOP. That is their most favored guest, and the new FP+ and Next-Gen queues are geared for those very people.

Always remember, for every one person who returns to WDW, there are two who have never been. You can and will be easily replaced and hardly missed. SeaWorld is no substitute for Disney World, no matter how you slice it, no matter how many times you say it, and you know it. You're comparing a sunflower seed to a pistachio.

Mouse Detective

Disney is losing money on you.

While most of what you said is true, this isn't. They're not losing any money on AP's. If they did, they wouldn't offer them, period. They might not make as much money as the "best" guest you describe, but they still make money.

You are not their best customer. Their best and most loyal guest is the one that flies into MCO, uses the DME, stays in a resort, preferably Mod-Dlx for at least 7-10 days, and dines at Sigs or a lot of TS spots and pays OOP. That is their most favored guest.

Again, AP holders might not be their best customer, but it's still a profitable customer.

Always remember, for every one person who returns to WDW, there are two who have never been. You can and will be easily replaced and hardly missed.

Any business that has that kind of mentality won't stay in business very long. And I really don't think Disney has that kind of mentality. In any business it's much much cheaper to retain an existing customer than to obtain a new one. I just think Disney simply feels that the 10 or 20% discount doesn't drive merchandise sales one way or another so why offer 20%.

bkgrim

We have traveled to Disney for many years taking advantage of annual passes, magic your way tickets, comp tickets from travel agent etc etc. we have stayed in most resorts and have eaten our way around the world. We are down to about a 1/2 dozen places we have not had food at including every cart, restaurant, hotel golf course, downtown. Joined dvc and come 2 times a year, bring large group every 4 years (over 200). I see the changes in people. Many more people are bringing "food" into the parks. Many many coolers floating around with lunches in it. Just saw a subway picnicking party in magic today. Our dinner tonight for the three of us was 50.00 at pecos bills and we just had a burger fries and a drink. We also see many less bags in people's hands. Stores are full but people are not purchasing like they have in the past. Disney better wake up and realize that even if the economy comes back many people will still not spend money like they did.

bgraham34

I have certainly spent less and less on Souvenirs the past few years. The products are so Generic and can be bought anywhere in the resort. DVC owners are some of your most loyal customers and they are the ones spreading their love of Disney around.

Personally I wish Disney had referrals for just sending someone to Disney World not even DVC. I have personally helped plan over 10 peoples first time trips over the years. I am a DVC Member and often bring family and friends who spend more money than I do. So removing more perks only hurts Disney in the pocket.

IWant2GoNow

I'm not an AP holder so I feel I can't really comment on the article although I'd love to. I do however think that people who are upset at this news should comment on it so long as it is in a reasonable manner. Anything else (cursing the Disney name, or bad-mouthing the Mouse) will just instantly be ignored.

Best of luck to you AP holders or... should I say ex-holders?

Rook26

I might be complaining for nothing... what is the status of the discount on the Premier Passport. I forgot that I up'ed my Premium to a Premier when we went to DL this year. I wonder if they are leaving the 20% untouched on that one. Anyone have information on that?

Rasvar

I might be complaining for nothing... what is the status of the discount on the Premier Passport. I forgot that I up'ed my Premium to a Premier when we went to DL this year. I wonder if they are leaving the 20% untouched on that one. Anyone have information on that?
Cut to 10% also with the Premium. Not changing in DL.

NewfieFan

Why would you ever believe you are their most loyal customer? Buying an AP is a discounted ticket. If you're staying in a DVC, I don't care how much you plunked down to buy into the program, you're paying less in the long run than a family who visits once a year for 4-5 years. Disney is losing money on you. You are not their best customer. Their best and most loyal guest is the one that flies into MCO, uses the DME, stays in a resort, preferably Mod-Dlx for at least 7-10 days, and dines at Sigs or a lot of TS spots and pays OOP. That is their most favored guest, and the new FP+ and Next-Gen queues are geared for those very people.

Always remember, for every one person who returns to WDW, there are two who have never been. You can and will be easily replaced and hardly missed. SeaWorld is no substitute for Disney World, no matter how you slice it, no matter how many times you say it, and you know it. You're comparing a sunflower seed to a pistachio.

If Disney is losing so much money on us DVCers than why are they building the GF DVC!?!

My friend just went for the first time this Dec. (she liked it and will probably go again in 3 years time). She stayed for a week in a mod resort with free dining. My family has owned APs since 2010 and we've made 10 trips to WDW since 2007 (the shortest trip was 8 days). Are you telling me my friend is worth more to Disney than me!?!

What are you smoking?

puntagordabob

You are joking right? The very fact that the powers that be continue to build more and more DVC seriously whacks your arguement....

As for your opinion in the second paragraph... with more and more Disney "parks" appearing in places such as Shanghai (and Shanghai looks to be pretty amazing (and will certainly kick WDW's international numbers down and believing otherwise is foolish)... along with strong numbers at Disneyland (and this includes international visitors).... WDW is certainly not guarunteed this magic "for every person" line that you are talking about. Now add a UNI and others in the central Florida area rising to play their "A" Game, the corners are certainly being progressively knocked down.

Will WDW cease to exist in the near future? Absolutely NOT... but the "gliding" and doing as little as needed to keep the profits marching in by herds of sheep (who do not realize that they are getting a diminished product) visiting will eventually begin an eventual decline.

Also...for the record...those customers you speak of that TDO loves so much have very little loyalty to WDW, versus the average DVC owner who has dedicated 30 to 50 year block of their money to DVC and hence WDW.....

Maybe THAT is why they keep building them....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom