Premium Passholder 20% -- GONE

Mary Pat Rhodes

well this makes me rethink Disney passes! What discount are for the Seasonal Passes? I just paid $100 for the TIW and my favorite restaurant (La Hacienda) doesn't take the TIW now. Manager says the owner never saw a benefit from it. What is the reasoning behind a raise in price and a reduction in benefits. Maybe this is the year I stop purchasing a pass! I was just about to book my 100 visit too!

Buried20KLeague

This is all so crazy. What the #&@ is going on at WDW??? What has happened??? The list of things that are wrong and things that just don't make sense is growing almost seemingly by the day.

The focus is lost. :(

It's sad. It really is. Up to a couple years ago, we'd get to WDW a few times a year. Even teetered on the edge of DVC. But now... I'm not sure when we're going back. And worse than that... I really don't CARE. And neither do my kids.

It's so disappointing.

It would be even worse if they weren't doing it right on the left coast. Thank goodness THEY get it at least.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The official response is "We regularly evaluate our discounts and offers for Annual Passholders and make adjustments"

So that means we value our DL passholders more than our WDW passholders.

Or to put another way - we offered our loyal customers the PAP for a price that was actually reasonable and realized that perks should be stripped out or we wouldn't be gouging which has been our official policy for the last decade.

YankeeMouse

Re: Fast pass + "cap" for Annual Passholders...could you elaborate? I looked in forum discussions for a thread but was unable to find this.

Goofyernmost

I get the feeling that Disney has decided that AP's are no longer in their best interest to offer. They can't really just end the program so they will drive people away from it for a more "economical" way. That will work with people that only go often enough to warrant having an AP because of just ticket prices.

I don't know this as a fact but it seems, from some of the posts I've seen, that AP at DLR are a bit of a problem. People coming everyday, camping out for shows, bringing there own snacks and using it as a meeting place. They are taking up a lot of space, discouraging day payers from going because of crowds and generally expecting more for there money than the already ridiculously low daily rate for them to visit when divided by the number of times that actually attend. It just plan may be that AP's have over stayed their welcome as far as cost effectiveness for Disney is concerned.

I don't see it as a huge problem at WDW, but I can see that it might be on the west coast where most of the crowd is local.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I get the feeling that Disney has decided that AP's are no longer in their best interest to offer. They can't really just end the program so they will drive people away from it for a more "economical" way. That will work with people that only go often enough to warrant having an AP because of just ticket prices.

I don't know this as a fact but it seems, from some of the posts I've seen, that AP at DLR are a bit of a problem. People coming everyday, camping out for shows, bringing there own snacks and using it as a meeting place. They are taking up a lot of space, discouraging day payers from going because of crowds and generally expecting more for there money than the already ridiculously low daily rate for them to visit when divided by the number of times that actually attend. It just plan may be that AP's have over stayed their welcome as far as cost effectiveness for Disney is concerned.

I don't see it as a huge problem at WDW, but I can see that it might be on the west coast where most of the crowd is local.

I have been to a packed DL so many times with no lines. Except HM Holiday and Space Mt.

Duckfan

Will the AP discount on resort rooms still be in effect? We rely on those when planning financially for our trips. The 10% loss on merchandise is more of an annoyance than a deal breaker for me, but if the resort discounts are gone, we won't be going to WDW every year anymore.

copcarguyp71

I just did the same. Well, we won't be going again until October. I would imagine there will be a stink about this. DVCers can on occasion have impact. Still, the fact they are pulling this really sucks.

The fact that they would pull this on DVCers just totally dumbfounds me. I just have absolutely no idea what their focus/mission statement is anymore. Although I think they are gradually moving their interests to being more timeshare based (I am not a fan) I have to question how they could be making so many bad decisions/cutbacks without actually trying to purposely sabotage their profits long term. If TDO is looking for a corporate write off as a loss in WDW in say 2020 then they are doing a wonderful job.

Rob562

Question: Has the merchandise discount always been 20% for the Premium APs? I've only ever had a regular AP and was used to the 10% (though this year was the first time I've had an AP in a number of years and I was happy to find that the AP discount was now offered just about everywhere and not just at World of Disney...)

-Rob

asianway

Question: Has the merchandise discount always been 20% for the Premium APs? I've only ever had a regular AP and was used to the 10% (though this year was the first time I've had an AP in a number of years and I was happy to find that the AP discount was now offered just about everywhere and not just at World of Disney...)

-Rob
It used to be 10%-I think it's been 20 a couple years only. In addition at one point the 10% was only good at WOD like you remember

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom