Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Rteetz

Not saying I thought it was a fifth gate, but Disney added a "Surprise Announcement" to their schedule shortly after Universal made a big announcement. Seems within reason to expect more than a book and a Disney+ PR series.
It was titled a Secret Walt Disney Company Project. This fits that bill. It’s also on stage 28 which is not a big main stage. I certainly wasn’t expecting a major parks announcement.

Rteetz

Disney really hyped it up themselves -- why in the world did they announce a secret project two weeks in advance and schedule a full hour to discuss it when this is all it is? This could have been announced in 5 minutes during the Disney+ segment.
They didn’t announce anything. They just put it on their schedule as a secret project. Disney social media didn’t hype this up either. The hype came from others outside of Disney hyping it up.

ImperfectPixie

The announcement was going to be a multi-billion dollar orlando expansion focusing on the Animation pavillion, an expansion plot in the MK, and Animal Kingdom. Not new rides, a new land-ish for each. I was allowed to be ridiculed all night when my information checked out time and time again. But i'm "trolling" when I gloat about it" oh.
It's the gloating that makes people not like or respect you.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
The announcement was going to be a multi-billion dollar orlando expansion focusing on the Animation pavillion, an expansion plot in the MK, and Animal Kingdom. Not new rides, a new land-ish for each. I was allowed to be ridiculed all night when my information checked out time and time again. But i'm "trolling" when I gloat about it" oh.

Are you posting this from your rocket ship? You are so full of it.

themarchhare

It was titled a Secret Walt Disney Company Project. This fits that bill. It’s also on stage 28 which is not a big main stage. I certainly wasn’t expecting a major parks announcement.

I mean, they probably should've tempered expectations then. They clearly have boots on the ground online (as we've learned this week) - they should've seen expectations rising.

Irish_Mike

The series itself is cool. I'll check it out. It's going to a fantasy version of those who work at the parks because I know how they actually live.

As a former CM, I highly doubt we'll get many front of the line CM's in this. I expect more animators, performers, journalists, people you'd recognize along with a small handful of veteran, in-park folks.

Curious to see if/how Abigail Disney responds to this, cause it's definitely going to play up the fantasy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom