Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

MotherOfBirds

How about all parks are getting parking garages to free up real estate to build on. That and Solar panels on every rooftop. The best would be to just use refillable cups and cut their trash 30-60%?????
Seriously. The DS garages are a dream. No trams, no languishing in the asphalt desert when you forget where you car is, no burning your posterior off on car seats that have been baking in the sun for 10 hours.

bartholomr4

So has anyone got any inside information on what time we can expect this announcement so we know when we're getting an end to the suspense?

Depends on if it is "Market Moving" or not (stock market).... because no one would want to be charged with stock manipulation, they would make the announcement before or after the market opens/closes..... Because the market opens at 6:30AM in Burbank, I am guessing they would make the annoucment at 1:30 PM (4:30 Eastern) or later..... They could make the announcement earlier.... just my guess.

mab7689

Depends on if it is "Market Moving" or not (stock market).... because no one would want to be charged with stock manipulation, they would make the announcement before or after the market opens/closes..... Because the market opens at 6:30AM in Burbank, I am guessing they would make the annoucment at 1:30 PM (4:30 Eastern) or later..... They could make the announcement earlier.... just my guess.
I'm in the UK so hopefully the time difference doesn't mean it will be an unsociable hour over here and I see it in good time.

Capsin4

I know you joke, but Disney did pick up the film rights to the entire Chronicles of Prydain a few years ago so it's entirely possible they will be releasing a live action The Black Cauldron. And I would love to see them release a new five movie series because those books are among the best young adult fantasy ever written. It wouldn't be a live action remake of the animated film, though, because that film was nothing like the actual book.

Not that that's something they would be announcing as a secret project, of course.
That series had a huge influence on my life in terms of the things it made me interested in. Lots of early 80s, 6th grade memories wrapped up in those books.

solidyne

Original Poster
What do you think will be the source of the announcement? D23 website? Press release? IOW, where should we be looking?

The real rescueranger

It kills me how good of a secret Disney has kept this. Normally, a leak would have been all over the Boards by now!
Probably because, knowing Disney, it is something lame that no one is going to really care about. It appeared to me as Disney was just trying to one up Universal by saying "Well if you think that is great, wait to you see what ultra secret project we have been working on. But we can't tell you right now because our marketing team is still trying to figure out what it is going to be."

bartholomr4

Probably because, knowing Disney, it is something lame that no one is going to really care about. It appeared to me as Disney was just trying to one up Universal by saying "Well if you think that is great, wait to you see what ultra secret project we have been working on. But we can't tell you right now because our marketing team is still trying to figure out what it is going to be."

Even these types of “projects” get leaked.... Its gotta be only known by a hand full of people.....

solidyne

Original Poster
They're gonna be up all night tonight working on the PowerPoint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom