Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

bartholomr4

For those of us at work, and may have missed it.. is there a place this will be streamed?

For what they have announced streaming so far, this panel is not on the list..... However, once they tell us what the "Secret" is, they may update the plan to stream..... The panel is not in the largest room / theater in the Convention Center, so if they want lots of people to know what's going on, its reasonable to think they will stream it.....

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Rumor is we may hear around 1:30pm est but who knows if that’s true

Based on most other Disney announcements I’m ready to be let down or even excited at first until they cut the budget and then be let down.

I believe that 1:30 time came from the D23 schedule and is the time (on Saturday) that more details will be released about the project... but the time would be in Pacific Time (it will be 4:30 Eastern Time). I don't know if there was a time announced for when the project would be revealed today, though the time that it is released may be dependent on the location that it is most applicable to (i.e, if they were going to make an announcement related specifically to anywhere in APAC, I would think they would have made it by now.

MKCP 1985

It is worth taking a moment to recall how the Avatar: World of Pandora announcement caught forum members here truly by surprise. There had been no suggestion of the upcoming announcement by anyone with insider knowledge.

Maybe the surprise announcement will not be such a complete surprise as that was but I just write to remind us all of the possibility. 🙂

WhatJaneSays

I'm preparing my popcorn for this thread today!

Monorail_Red_77

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not already around here. My thoughts are that the announcement will be more info about the second Island in Bahamas. The Lighthouse resort on Eluthera (sp). 700 acres bought late last year and yet to get started on constr. suppopsedly opening sometime around 2023 with the launch of a few more new DCL ships around that time. Along with needing to boost traffic 30-40% to the other Bahamas Ports.

But I could be way off.

DCLcruiser

I don't know if it has been mentioned or not already around here. My thoughts are that the announcement will be more info about the second Island in Bahamas. The Lighthouse resort on Eluthera (sp). 700 acres bought late last year and yet to get started on constr. suppopsedly opening sometime around 2023 with the launch of a few more new DCL ships around that time. Along with needing to boost traffic 30-40% to the other Bahamas Ports.

But I could be way off.
You are probably right, but we are hoping for more since that's not a secret.

matt9112

I wonder if it’s something environmental, like going carbon neutral by a certain year. I don’t know if that’s possible with the cruise ships, but maybe they could offset that somehow.

Likely not as high on the priority list to be center stage. As you pointed out DCL makes that very difficult

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom