Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

skelm

Could the secret project possibly be Flamingo Crossing finally becoming another shopping/entertainment area? There are a few hotels being built there and there is a lot of land clearing currently going on. I live right off Avalon road, a mile and a half from Western Way and drive it all the time.

This area is really building up quick, so putting retail/dining/entertainment complex there could be lucrative.

Cmdr_Crimson

You mean new lids that DON'T need straws...
images

bartholomr4

Jim Henson fought Eisner very very hard to make sure Disney would never own the rights to the Sesame Street characters for a reason.

That reason was he didn't want Sesame Street to become commercial. He wanted to make sure the learning continued and was available to everyone for free (over public broadcasting) Before Jim Henson died, he did license Disney to build a ride and have certain Muppets in the parks. After Jim died, the family split the characters and sold them to a German Company... The deal fell thru when the company got into financial issues, and the Family purchased the characters back. Disney produced a number of movies for Jim Henson Productions and eventually purchased the characters they own plus the Bear in the big House (One of my kids favorites) around 2004-2005 from the family. The family still owns the rest of the characters and licenses them to the CTW.

*Q*

Could the secret project possibly be Flamingo Crossing finally becoming another shopping/entertainment area? There are a few hotels being built there and there is a lot of land clearing currently going on. I live right off Avalon road, a mile and a half from Western Way and drive it all the time.

This area is really building up quick, so putting retail/dining/entertainment complex there could be lucrative.
Less than zero chance of that. They're not going to spend an hour telling a California audience about the trillionth strip mall in Florida featuring such wonders as Subway and T.G.I. Friday's and the Verizon store.

mab7689

So has anyone got any inside information on what time we can expect this announcement so we know when we're getting an end to the suspense?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom