Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

Figments Friend

Gotta be the 'big reveal' of everything thus far Disney is comfortable announcing publically regarding the upcoming overhaul of Epcot.
Gotta be.

Better not be something insipidity stupid, like online streaming service programming ( snort ) or a video game division ( yawn ).
Or yet more Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar projects ( NO thank you, enough already! )

Wait...
It REALLY had better NOT be stupidly insipid plans for overhauling Epcot.
It needs to be really GREAT, throughly enhancing plans for Epcot.
Yes!
Or great news for a certain Pavillion.
Or maybe it will be......

Well, let us wait n' see what they decide to announce.
;)

-

Rodan75

Gotta be the 'big reveal' of everything thus far Disney is comfortable announcing publically regarding the upcoming overhaul of Epcot.
Gotta be.

Better not be something insipidity stupid, like online streaming service programming ( snort ) or a video game division ( yawn ).
Or yet more Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar projects ( NO thank you, enough already! )

Wait...
It REALLY had better NOT be stupidly insipid plans for overhauling Epcot.
It needs to be really GREAT, throughly enhancing plans for Epcot.
Yes!
Or great news for a certain Pavillion.
Or maybe it will be......

Well, let us wait n' see what they decide to announce.
;)

-

Well. They already committed to discussing this the Epcot overhaul. So that isn't a surprise project either.

eddie104

Well according to Brayden it’s something we haven’t speculated about. I know when we ask @marni1971 about certain projects he talks about things just sitting around not yet greenlit and maybe in response to Uni they decided approve something big.

No Name

Guys, it’s probably not at all related to the parks. I know that’s what most of us here are most interested in, but there’s a lot more to the company, and it’s probably something that doesn’t fit cleanly in any one existing presentation or division. If it does happen to be parks-related, it’s going to something too big or too unique to announce in the regular panel. That does not include any Epcot changes, hotel building, monorail expansion, etc.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Could be the introduction of a new corporate endeavor for the company. Otherwise it would fit in one of the other buckets already established.

It reminds me of when the iPhone was introduced, Apple also formally dropped “Computer” from its name, indicating that they didn’t want to be stuck in the perceived box of ‘only’ making computers.

And now they sell mostly peripherals .

eddie104

I hope we'll see a park in the Northeast before we see a 5th gate in Florida. I'm honestly surprised Universal hasn't dived into this area yet.

As for this secret project, I have the feeling it will have nothing to do with the Parks.
Don’t you think a lot of potential revenue would be lost opening in a place where you might have to close seasonally ??

CalebS

I hope it is about the parks. I really do. BUT if it is about the parks I don’t see why they moved it to a different day and time and aren’t including it in the normal parks presentation.

britain

I wish a mini-indoor-park-in-a-box scattered across a few large North American cities became a reality, BUT it’s got to look like something out of their original parks: classy, timeless, or if not timeless, very old!

It needs some impressive faux stonework! It can’t look like just another mall. It needs proper theming. None of this post-modern, illuminated “whimsical” metal that DisneyQuest had. That bores me to no end.

It should look like an Embassy for the Magic Kingdom, not a Disney XD arena.

Last edited:

solidyne

Original Poster
I wonder if it will be a change in how resorts are classified, priced, etc. With dynamic pricing by like other hotels and airlines have - fluctuating all of the time instead of specific rates for specific period of time. That would take time to explain...
It would, indeed! If that's the big secret, though, then as far as I'm concerned they can just keep that a secret forever!

kap91

I'd have to guess it has nothing to do with the parks and is something the overall company is doing - a new web service - maybe a social network, some sort of entertainment product, a new business akin to cruise ships, maybe something regarding all their IP, I'd kill for them to be creating a museum or opening the archives to the public; something like that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'd have to guess it has nothing to do with the parks and is something the overall company is doing - a new web service - maybe a social network, some sort of entertainment product, a new business akin to cruise ships, maybe something regarding all their IP, I'd kill for them to be creating a museum or opening the archives to the public; something like that.

Yeah, this is the sort of thing I am imaging it will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom