Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

solidyne

Original Poster
I thought perhaps some might like a separate thread for official predictions. This will facilitate finding your post for gloating purposes after the fact.

As for me, being on the pessimist side of things, I predict something to do with 3D goggles, which I will refuse to don.

Edit to add @Otamin 's post with reference to D23 schedule:
It has probably been posted somewhere, but a "Secret Walt Disney Company Project" has been announced for D23:

2c0f556ec4d0e2afe45e75b51b52eab1703b0e31.jpg

The wording makes me think it'll be park related but I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:

MaximumEd

Great idea. So I again suggest monorail expansion (but only so that @MaximumEd can have another lol moment. It's gotta be that or a different popcorn flavor at Kat Saka's! :)

I certainly wasn’t laughing at you, but while I would love to see a monorail expansion, I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell that Disney will ever expand them. I’d love to be proven wrong.

bclane

I certainly wasn’t laughing at you, but while I would love to see a monorail expansion, I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell that Disney will ever expand them. I’d love to be proven wrong.
I know I was just having some fun with you. :happy: I seriously doubt the monorail expansion will happen as well...but it would be a dream come true that's for sure.

seascape

I was thinking about this secret announcement and what it could be. Is there anything they could be announcing that would or should require a separate announcement? Most likely it would not be for the MK 50th? Then it hit me. What if they were going to build something for the company's 100th that had been announced and canceled? The MK theater. It is needed badly for capacity. How about they announce that along with the new monorails?

britain

Could be the introduction of a new corporate endeavor for the company. Otherwise it would fit in one of the other buckets already established.

It reminds me of when the iPhone was introduced, Apple also formally dropped “Computer” from its name, indicating that they didn’t want to be stuck in the perceived box of ‘only’ making computers.

brodie999

Seems like something that would be the introduction of a new corporate endeavor for the company. Otherwise it would fit in one of the other buckets already established.

It reminds me of when the same year the iPhone was introduced, Apple formally dropped “computer” from its name, indicating that they don’t want to be stuck in the perceived box of ‘only’ making computers.
Me too. Disney said it's not a fifth gate or a film project. So it has to be something. We'll find out when it's all announced on the 22nd.

Smiley/OCD

I’m guessing it has nothing to do with the parks. It will be something weird like the rumored Disney airline or who knows...
That has already been discounted...according to Orlando Weekly, someone with Media Relations has said that there is no truth to those rumors...we can all take it for what that's worth.

ImperfectPixie

I was going to go with either another large acquisition like Activision to get into gaming or announcing what the companies is going to do with Fox going forward? I don't see it being about Igers successor
I was thinking of the gaming thing, too. If I recall, somewhere on these boards, someone had said Disney was looking into acquiring a gaming company...but it's been a while.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Disney Air??? Would they acquire someone like South West?
South West isn't releasing their 2020 dates until August 26th... Which they were suppose to release them in July and then pushed them back into August.

I'm guessing a new land in the Magic Kingdom.

eddie104

Let's also remember that the announcement has an hour long timeslot, so it has to be something they are ready to discuss in a lot of details. So, for example, I doubt it would be a fifth gate since I don't think they would dump all the details of something like at once.
I think that is most interesting detail about the potential project is that it's taking an hour long slot. 🤔

SirLink

I wonder if it's something in the vein of My Magic Plus. Maybe something that reaches across multiple divisions in Disney.

There are couple of corporate plans that I could think of the one that they could do is Disney Rewards/Keys i.e. Priority Points/Hilton Honors. They may after the soft year they have had they might feel the need to push the button.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom