News D23 Expo 2019

Gaston's gal

I'm still trying to grasp how they will do both the Animation and Live Action panels TOGETHER! Each panel has gone over every year, so if things go as they have in the past, you will be in that panel for almost the entire day. Just don't see any way around it. The line for the panel is going to be HUGE since each one of those panels are usually the big one for the day. Definitely not good planning on Disney's part

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Disney did not respond to Potter right away. New Fantasy Land was not their response to Potter. You don't know the process of how things get announced for D23.

I know there has been rumors for WDW before Universal announced that they are going to have a August 1st announcement according to the true insiders on this forum aka not me. The rumors the real insiders in Question are Brazil Pavilion, UK Ride, and "Black Box interchangeable ride". Everything pinpoints to Disney giving more details on their Epcot redo. All these rumors are not a response to Universal's new park because they rumors exist way before Universal announced the date for the August 1st announcement.

I think is too late for doing a response to Universal at D23. What you get out of D23 is stuff that they already planned for over a month. What gets announced at D23 is a process that even can take the last second like it did for the 2017 D23 that saw the cut of some announcements.

If Disney gets a announces new stuff after D23, it is more possible that would be Disney's response to Universal's new park. The other thing right now is we don't have date Universal is going to open that park. If that park opens in 2023 to 2025 time frame, Disney can wait after D23 to announcement something to steal the spotlight from the 5th park. The question with the park first opens depends on the Kirkman Road extension.

Just curious, are you my 7th grade art teacher that use to think he could "school" people in any subject? Calm down cowboy and adjust your tone a little. I was simple stating that throwing up an extra concept piece of art waiting for a future announcement, could be shown. Or just like you stated, maybe something cut could get added back in. There are sneak peeks that could be added or something as generic as the EPCOT rendering that made everyone tear up for many different reasons (Positive & Negative). Never was a stating that they would pull together a concept in a week and show it. Planning for D23 or any company announcement takes months (4 to 6 months) of planning. I am very aware of how long it takes to concept and development a project as well. I do this for a living in a different field.

So Mr. 4ever, I still don't like pastels and don't assume people need to be educated. When they want to learn they will ask for help. We are all allowed to dream, and that what Walt and many others wanted.

Otamin

It has probably been posted somewhere, but a "Secret Walt Disney Company Project" has been announced for D23:

2c0f556ec4d0e2afe45e75b51b52eab1703b0e31.jpg

The wording makes me think it'll be park related but I'm probably wrong.

nickys

Premium Member
It has probably been posted somewhere, but a "Secret Walt Disney Company Project" has been announced for D23:

My guesses in order:
Brazil
Spaceship Earth
Black Box ride
Indy land / Animation Courtyard to RnR (wishful thinking on my part)

None of them (other than SE) are related to anything that they’ve started announcing, like the Epcot Spine redesign, so as far as Disney’s concerned they will count as secret.

After all there can’t have been anyone who visits Orlando who didn’t know Universal were going to build a new park, yet that was billed as a massive announcement.

Dwebble

Must be fairly substantial if they're giving it a panel of its own- if it's parks-related, I'm thinking more a land than an individual ride.

Should go without saying that it's nothing bigger than that.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I wonder if Adventureland is getting an expansion? Something which rears it’s head from time to time but never goes anywhere.

Or new resort around Seven Seas Lagoon. Although it seems a bit early to bring that up, given Reflections isn’t that far on.

Just think, we have three weeks of speculation to come! 😁

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Lunch Time. The secret is what will be served.

mikenatcity1

I saw the "secret" panel yesterday. It mentions it will be revealed on Thursday August 22 (before the convention). I wonder if Disney would put something as big as a major parks announcement in the smaller presentation space, plus steal thunder from the much anticipated Parks panel the day after...

nickys

Premium Member
Why do we think that the secret announcement is Orlando related?

Good point. Third gate in CA? Stick all the Marvel stuff in there and make it a totally unique park that cannot be repeated in Orlando.

Have you seen the name of this website?

@Kingoglow does have a point though. Just because Universal’s announcement was Orlando-related, doesn’t mean this one has to be.

But my hunch is it’s WDW all the same.

Of course it could be a new resort (or two) around Seven Seas Lagoon. That wouldn’t detract from parks news later during Expo proper.

Franklin47disneyguy

A little history, Universal comes to Orlando -> Disney quickly builds MGM
1993 Universal announces a second gate -> 1995 Disney announces DAK
2010 Universal opens WWOHP -> 2011 Disney announces Pandora
2015 Disney announces SWGE -> Universal announces Nintendo
2019 Universal announces a third gate -> 24 august secret announcement

If history tells us anything both companies swing back with the same force. You just don't reply with a IP land to a new universal gate....

doctornick

Why do we think that the secret announcement is Orlando related?

Or for that matter Parks related.

I feel like if there was some major Parks announcement, we would have heard some rumblings on here. Something as big as a new land or obviously a new gate would have probably leaked.

Could it be cruise line related?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A little history, Universal comes to Orlando -> Disney quickly builds MGM
1993 Universal announces a second gate -> 1995 Disney announces DAK
2010 Universal opens WWOHP -> 2011 Disney announces Pandora
2015 Disney announces SWGE -> Universal announces Nintendo
2019 Universal announces a third gate -> 24 august secret announcement

If history tells us anything both companies swing back with the same force. You just don't reply with a IP land to a new universal gate....

While this used to be somewhat true, if anyone thinks Disney is going to announce something on par with a new park... you're delusional. IMHO. My best uneducated, non-insider guess is the black box ride, with them calling it "revolutionary to the theme park industry".

Dwebble

No one who knows anything at all thinks that a fifth gate is even being discussed at the moment, let alone being ready for an announcement.

Maybe they get pushed that way by Epic Universe in the future, but I honestly doubt it.

That they're waiting until the 22nd to even add the detail suggests that it's park related to me. That they announced it the day Universal announced 'Epic' is the most telling.

Or could it be something to do with those 'Marvel' rights in Orlando? Seems unlikely for a full panel?

My hope would be they're secretly working on a hand-drawn animated feature - but that's probably wishful thinking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom