Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

TTA94

Original Poster
It would make sense for those two to come back first. I would think Happily Ever After would be the last to return.
I still think forever comes back first WSL is huge, and Epcot needs the help and is the only park open after dark currently.

Might actually be Rivers of Light and Epcot Forever opening first, then F! and HEA being the last to open due to F! requiring performers.

They could make Epcot Forever be only reservation only, for dining and marking of spaces for guests to stand/sit in. Like circles.

TJJohn12

Aside from the virus distancing itself, I would expect anything with pyro or a large cast to be held back until the revenue flows are better for the parks. So which of the shows is cheapest to operate?
  • HEA seems to have less pyro than Wishes, but it's still gotta be an expensive powder burn.
  • Fantasmic has a massive cast of specially trained zoo crew.
  • EPCOT Forever has both large pyro cost AND some decent cast cost (jet skis, barge ops, etc.)
  • ROL has no pyro and low cast requirements since the show revision
I think the ONLY show I'd expect back pre-vaccine is ROL, and that's a slim chance.

Scubacat

Aside from the virus distancing itself, I would expect anything with pyro or a large cast to be held back until the revenue flows are better for the parks. So which of the shows is cheapest to operate?
  • HEA seems to have less pyro than Wishes, but it's still gotta be an expensive powder burn.
  • Fantasmic has a massive cast of specially trained zoo crew.
  • EPCOT Forever has both large pyro cost AND some decent cast cost (jet skis, barge ops, etc.)
  • ROL has no pyro and low cast requirements since the show revision
I think the ONLY show I'd expect back pre-vaccine is ROL, and that's a slim chance.
I'd think something like Fantasmic would be easier to spread people out vs. standing in a walkway or open viewing area.

Shows with designated seating are a lot easier to crowd control.

Thelazer

Projection shows on the castle will be the first back.
I'd say Epcot 2nd, because you can social distance around the lagoon and it will keep folks in the park longer to eat / drink.

celluloid

Projection shows on the castle will be the first back.
I'd say Epcot 2nd, because you can social distance around the lagoon and it will keep folks in the park longer to eat / drink.

Sounds about right. Projection shows outside of labor are not as costly in comparison to the larger shows and can keep people later spending money while having multiple shows on castle allow for not everyone having to cram for one show.

gerarar

Premium Member
No way! Not only is HEA 6 minutes longer than Wishes (in reality about 4mins longer if we exclude the narration in the beginning and end), but the finale has more than double the amount of pyro/fireworks that the Wishes finale did!
Wishes really paled in comparison to HEA in terms of amount of pyro and fireworks.

sbunit

No one knows how effective any vaccine is. They don’t have any such results. You need to compare spread in a hotbed between those with the vaccine and those with placebo. They are only now moving toward such studies, and results will take a few months. At least.

JustInTime

When the pandemic ends. You can't do night time in the parks because the sun is necessary to destroy the virus. That's why protests at night were so terrible for super spreading... no sun is no UV rays is virus gets to live on stuff much longer.
Omg what a joke. I can only laugh.

ToTBellHop

Mmmhmm. Many doses will end up in a dumpster. Happy someone is willing to pony up the cash despite the (financial) risk.

Magic Feather

If it weren’t for the way that the park’s hours were arranged, Rivers of Light could have operated when the park opened.

As has been guessed, Fantasmic’s hold up is mostly the backstage areas and performers.

I’d expect Epcot to have a show debut before MK, but both of those would have unique operational things to deal with. I’ve heard every suggestion from assigning people spots to making each section of viewing be “dismissed.” The potential exodus from any nighttime spectacular is the real fear with running any of them (that and the optics of filling a stadium, even if it’s socially distant). While we don’t have any major shows to truly show us WDW’s policy yet, I’ve been surprised to see things like 3D shows just letting everyone leave at once instead of dismissing groups.

drew81

How would you unload Hollywood Hills amphitheater with proper social distancing? Can you imagine a show dump of that magnitude? Do you have CMs attempt to limit rows after the show? Let rows in the back go first?

Disney isn’t going to be taking any chances. It will stay dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom