Pre-ordering DCL gift packages

marcriss

Original Poster
Has anyone pre-ordered any of the celebration packages? I was thinking of doing a Bon Voyage package and seeing if I could upgrade the cake to a Mickey one.

I was also thinking of ordering the set with the water bottles. Cam the bottles be used at drink stations or is that not acceptable? It's our first trip with the kids and I'd like to use them for them.
Thanks in advance (please don't flame me for asking about the bottles, I'm trying to not do the wrong thing. :) )

ChuckElias

I did a Happy Birthday celebration for my wife on our last cruise. It was cute, some decorations and a cake. I didn't think to try upgrading the cake. I don't think we even ate it. I just wanted the happy birthday stuff hanging in the room when we boarded.

If possible, bring a small case of water bottles with you when you board. It will be MUCH cheaper than a water package. If you can't do that, and you decide to buy the package, I don't think there's anything wrong with refilling your bottle at the water station. They don't like you to re-use cups (for germ reasons), but they don't police it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My wife did the happy birthday celebration for me as well, and it was just as the previous poster described it (and the cake wasn't that good :)). And if you don't have the space to take water on with you, even per-ordering the water package is less expensive, I'd also recommend taking some refillable mugs on board with for for the filling stations. The cups they provide are pretty small.

sweetpee_1993

We bring 24 oz insulated tumbler cups w/lids & straws to mix drinks or just to have the larger cup size. We are conscientious when refilling at the drink stations. I don't want to gross people out. So, we use the disposable paper cups to dispense then dump into our cups. Maybe if you're using the bottles from the celebration packages you could dispense with the disposable cups then dump into your bottles.

marcriss

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! Using the individual cups to fill is a great idea. I've read so many post from people about the drinks being far away from where ever they happen to be. I know one kid will want a drink 15 minutes after we're away from the drink area. It'll be easier to bring something with us.

I really want the decorations for the room too. Hopefully I can upgrade the cake.

Disneyfalcon

I have a tip for carrying drinks! Whenever we order room service we send one or two people up top to get drinks. Of course it's hard to carry all those drinks, so we bring a carboard drink holder. The kind that they give you at McDonalds or somewhere similar? The kind that folds flat is best, but any kind will do. It makes it so much easier to carry them! :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thank you everyone! Using the individual cups to fill is a great idea. I've read so many post from people about the drinks being far away from where ever they happen to be. I know one kid will want a drink 15 minutes after we're away from the drink area. It'll be easier to bring something with us.

I really want the decorations for the room too. Hopefully I can upgrade the cake.

Don't forget to decorate your stateroom door as well. If you get the happy birthday package you'll receive a door magnet, but you can always bring your own on board with you. Makes finding your cabin easier sometimes as well. :)

marcriss

Original Poster
Thanks for the great ideas! I ordered the Bon Voyage Celebration package this morning. It comes with a Vanilla cake and unfortunately can't be upgraded to a Mickey cake (apparently a different division handles those) and there aren't any chocolate ones.

My daughter will love decorating the door, even for such a short trip. We're really hoping they like it so we can do Castaway Cay cruise!

marcriss

Original Poster
I wanted to report back on the decorations I ordered. I got the Bon Voyage package. The decorations were great and really added to the festive feel of the cruise. The cake was tiny and not great. We didn't eat it until we got home (2 night cruise, really didn't need it). We brought all of the decorations home with us and they're hanging in the house. I'd definitely do that again. I also ordered the bag with games and water bottles. Again, short cruise didn't need it. But it's nice quality and we'll use the bottles at home. Fortunately the kids enjoyed the cruise so it looks like we'll do another in the future!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom