Practical joke ideas, anyone ?

rosebud's mom

Original Poster
Well, our trip is ALMOST here. we leave Friday. As I have mentioned before, this trip we will be taking our teenage daughter's boyfriend with us. He's never been to Disney before.

We are a close family, but we also have what some may call a warped sense of humor. We want to welcome him to the family in typical style.

I know about Beverly, and plan of having him ask for the ketchup at the Wilderness buffet. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

WDWFREAK53

rosebud's mom said:
Well, our trip is ALMOST here. we leave Friday. As I have mentioned before, this trip we will be taking our teenage daughter's boyfriend with us. He's never been to Disney before.

We are a close family, but we also have what some may call a warped sense of humor. We want to welcome him to the family in typical style.

I know about Beverly, and plan of having him ask for the ketchup at the Wilderness buffet. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?

Go to the 50's primetime cafe and hopefully he won't eat all of his food :D

(Airplane into the hangar anyone? :lol: )

crazygirley

LOL, this is great! I'm taking my BF for the first time in January, too, and I was hoping to pull a prank on him, too.

Anyone know what the CM's are willing to do for a first-timer?

captainbuzzy

rosebud's mom said:
I know about Beverly, and plan of having him ask for the ketchup at the Wilderness buffet.

What's is funny about asking for ketchup at the Wilderness buffet? I've never heard of this one. You'd get me with this one!

There is a very easy way to embarass him. Go on Jungle Cruise, and tell the skipper you have someone that wants to be a "Junior Skipper" and he will steer the boat and sometimes they will make him wear the hat. Sure fire way to make him blush. Make sure they camera is ready. Most skippers are fine with it, especially if it is an obvious attempt to embarass someone who isn't a child...

"You don't want to look like a bunch of Tourists..."
-Cranium Command

trdisneyfan

See if you can convince him to go on Universe of Energy by himself. Tell him it's some sort of family tradition that each person rides by themselves, because it's a scary/thrilling ride and he must prove himself. Then go grab a bite to eat and meet up w/ him an hour later. Just hope he doesn't want to kill all of you afterwards.

rosebud's mom said:

If he's tall you can tell him of the rumors of decapitatingly low beams on space mountain that have claimed a few victims.

Or there is always the 3D glasses under the seat at COP, if the CM doesn't do it first.

phlydude

captainbuzzy said:
What's is funny about asking for ketchup at the Wilderness buffet? I've never heard of this one. You'd get me with this one!
Since they showed it on the Travel Channel, I suppose the secret can be shared...
If you ask for ketchup (catsup) at the Whispering Canyon, the server will first chastize (sp?) you for asking for "that nasty red stuff" and then instruct everyone in the place to bring over the ketchup to your table. You'll get about 20 bottles or so...

Since you are going to the Whispering Canyon, try these things:
- ask for a "really big" drink
- wear a hat or shirt from Sea World or Universal
- spit spitballs in eye-sight of your server (works well when you do it at your wife - anyone who was there on 8/8/04 knows what you have to do (I had to do it!))
- make sure you ask the server if the guys can sing "my little buttercup" - hilarious!!
- make sure to give your server lip service when they are around the table (best is if he doesn't know they are supposed to be rude and have him get the courage to say something about the poor service - heehee!)
- have him talk on a cell phone while you are seated at the table
- see if Steve from Miami or Tiny is serving - they were great!

phlydude

martinthesparta said:
If he's tall you can tell him of the rumors of decapitatingly low beams on space mountain that have claimed a few victims.

Or there is always the 3D glasses under the seat at COP, if the CM doesn't do it first.

Or get him on a ride that doesn't have lap belts and tell him to buckle up. When he can't find the straps, laugh at him :lol: :lol: :confused:

WDWKat26

Come see me one day when i'm working, i'm good with new people especially when I dance with them around Town Square ;) (I'm "friends" with the Characters)

LewZealand

Right before you go into the parks for the first time. Have someone call your cell and tell him that you got tragic family news and the trip is cancelled. The look on his face will be priceless. HAHAHAHA!

phlydude

LewZealand said:
Right before you go into the parks for the first time. Have someone call your cell and tell him that you got tragic family news and the trip is cancelled. The look on his face will be priceless. HAHAHAHA!

THAT is definitely not funny!

I sense a troll lurking around here...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
LewZealand said:
I thought that the poster said the family had a warped sense of humor?

i think that falls into the "warped sense of humor" category. lol

well, if they were driving and REALLY twisted, they could do the Jack Handy SNL scit about taking his little boy to a burned down warehouse and telling him DL burned down. now that is just wrong!!!!!!

Not For Sale

Tell him to ask if the monorail goes to the airport (saying Universal is to obvious)

If Test Track breaks down act like it's a part of the ride (it basically is)

Keep a mental list of all the times he calls rides wrong (hence Fast Track, Golf Ball)

Have him ask about ToT and how long the hotel has been there

Convince him that all the animals in Animal Kingdom are amimatronics.

LilDucky

LewZealand said:
awww... thats just cruel... hilarious... but cruel. I'll have to keep that one in mind :animwink: :goodnevil

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom