Potter Darkride Problems

jonnyc

Original Poster
In a thread on News and Rumours, which has turned into Universal v WDW (Again!), it was suggested that there are some problems with the Darkride in WWoHP (i think that's right), can anyone shed any light on these problems and what effect they might have on the opening of this new land?

girlface

The disney vs universal thing is pathetic lol.

I heard that it shoudnt effect the opening time because they always leave a few extra weeks for extra construction just incase, unless its really severe which i doubt then i dont think so. x

Lee

Adventurer
I haven't heard of any particular technical issues with the ride.
It's behind schedule and over budget, and at one point there were some creative issues concerning the Hogwarts structure...but nothing that should push the opening back any further than it already has been.:shrug:

teebin

I haven't heard of any particular technical issues with the ride.
It's behind schedule and over budget, and at one point there were some creative issues concerning the Hogwarts structure...but nothing that should push the opening back any further than it already has been.:shrug:

Great, I love it when Uni goes over budget, especially when they go grossly over budget... they do such great things when they do. That said, does Disney ever go grossly over budget? It doesn't appear that they do... :lookaroun

Figment1986

Great, I love it when Uni goes over budget, especially when they go grossly over budget... they do such great things when they do. That said, does Disney ever go grossly over budget? It doesn't appear that they do... :lookaroun

universal creative... budget = budget at time

Walt Disney Imagineering... budget = what it may be in a year :lookaroun

kcnole

Everest was grossly over budget from what I hear. If left to their own devices WDI will always go well over budget.

JT3000

Not necessarily a good thing. If something costs more than it should have, other things can be cut as a result. Especially with the resort in so much debt.

Pete C

Everest was grossly over budget from what I hear. If left to their own devices WDI will always go well over budget.

Going over budget and ending up with Spiderman...good.

Going over budget and ending up with a bird on a stick, an animated projection, and a multi-million dollar Yeti paper weight...not so much.

jonnyc

Original Poster
Going over budget and ending up with Spiderman...good.

Going over budget and ending up with a bird on a stick, an animated projection, and a multi-million dollar Yeti paper weight...not so much.

I love that Bird on a stick!

JT3000

Someone stole the stick.

josejalapeno_1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom