Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

Turtle

I really should not be allowed to complain about this expansion at all because it sounds incredible, but I am a little thrown off by the Hogwarts Express station being under the roller coaster. Won't that be a little unnerving when you step off the train and you're not in Hogsmeade, you're underneath a roller coaster? Plus, I don't see how that's even allowed with safety regulations....
Maybe the whole dueling dragons will be getting a facade and it'll fit in o_O

bubbles1812

I really should not be allowed to complain about this expansion at all because it sounds incredible, but I am a little thrown off by the Hogwarts Express station being under the roller coaster. Won't that be a little unnerving when you step off the train and you're not in Hogsmeade, you're underneath a roller coaster? Plus, I don't see how that's even allowed with safety regulations....

I would assume they are going to have some sort of roof over people's heads for when they exit the train...it's not like Hogsmeade is far off. And I'd also assume they are following safety regulations since these plans did have to get approval. It is an interesting place to put it though.

IAmFloridaBorn

Maybe the whole dueling dragons will be getting a facade and it'll fit in o_O

It should. If they changed the name they need to change the color as well. Just go ahead and let Dueling Dragons hold it's red and blue history and give the lame dragon challenge something else!

IAmFloridaBorn

Your not complaining haha! I understand where your coming from. The station will be more of an indoor structure , the queue is what appears will interact more with the outside

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The station and area will be fully enclosed.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Because all of that will be a building - not out in the open.

djlaosc

I do have to say that it will be a bit weird to have Hogsmeade Train Station in the middle of the Dragon Challenge from the TriWizard Tournament, hosted at Hogwarts! The queue for Dragon Challenge should really be beside Hogwarts itself, not on the edge of Hogsmeade.

However, maybe they will disguise the building from the Dragons Challenge point of view with rockwork, like the idea on the following site?
http://idealbuildout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mountain-for-potterland.html

BryceM

It should. If they changed the name they need to change the color as well. Just go ahead and let Dueling Dragons hold it's red and blue history and give the lame dragon challenge something else!
I agree. It's just too painful to see Dueling Dragons as it is now. I miss that amazing queue, the giant dragon statues, the coasters actually dueling, etc. It's just sad now, and it needs some more effort to not make this "Dueling Dragons" but to make it "Dragon Challenge".

JustInTime

The station and area will be fully enclosed.
Do you know if the Hogwarts Express that doesn't move at the front of the park is staying? Also, where will you exit at when you leave the train? Will it be at all similar to the films? I mean, there won't be a lake, but like near the castle and forrest at least?

IAmFloridaBorn

I agree. It's just too painful to see Dueling Dragons as it is now. I miss that amazing queue, the giant dragon statues, the coasters actually dueling, etc. It's just sad now, and it needs some more effort to not make this "Dueling Dragons" but to make it "Dragon Challenge".

Exactly. It needs to be Dragon Challenge.

But to my bitterness I'll leave it alone. It was my favorite coaster EVER but it was ruined. The Queue was the best and most creative around IMO. So rich with medival architect and details. Hopefully UNI does this for phase too. Just upgrade the coasters to fit with the boy wizard theme.

Turtle

I wouldn't want a humongous mountain in the WWoHP that looks awkward like in the picture. But the dueling dragons should get some kind of facade and I don't know how the new Hogwarts Express Train Station entrance would work at it's current location. It should just take over the area with the games of the Lost Continent.

djlaosc

Maybe when they get around to repainting Dragon's Challenge, they will paint them the scarlet and black that they should be.

BryceM

Maybe when they get around to repainting Dragon's Challenge, they will paint them the scarlet and black that they should be.
That would a step in the right direction. And maybe some tall pine trees to symbolize the Forbidden Forest and some rock-work around and under the coaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you know if the Hogwarts Express that doesn't move at the front of the park is staying? Also, where will you exit at when you leave the train? Will it be at all similar to the films? I mean, there won't be a lake, but like near the castle and forrest at least?
I've no idea I'm afraid. I was only interested in the physical side of the project. I didn't ask about the film tie-ins.

HTF

Trees hide a lot

c-one

Universal did a decent job keeping the steel track hidden from the rest of Potterland, but within the ride it's a pretty major black mark on the immersiveness that made the Potter project a success. I'd almost rather the ride be torn out and replaced with a dark ride or something else that could do a better job sticking to the theme.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do have to say that it will be a bit weird to have Hogsmeade Train Station in the middle of the Dragon Challenge from the TriWizard Tournament, hosted at Hogwarts! The queue for Dragon Challenge should really be beside Hogwarts itself, not on the edge of Hogsmeade.

Don't forget, the entire train experience is indoors.. Besides knowing what show building is what (which only theme park geeks are into) guests will have no idea what the structure is when on dueling dragons

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom