Potential updates to Avatar Flight of Passage

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The new Flight of Passage now with 50% more "UH's"
2rc33hu3e6y41.jpg

Maybe they could spring for a disposable razor .....

doctornick

The randomization variable is fun, but as Star Tours shows, the rideability is not as high as inititally thought.

🤨❓

The randomness makes rerides awesome for Star Tours. We often ride it 2 or 3 times in a row to get different locations. I often cite it as why having randomization with screen rides is so much better than just one set thing.

MFSR and FOP would be definitely improved with different random profiles.

celluloid

🤨❓

The randomness makes rerides awesome for Star Tours. We often ride it 2 or 3 times in a row to get different locations. I often cite it as why having randomization with screen rides is so much better than just one set thing.

MFSR and FOP would be definitely improved with different random profiles.

That's great. I am not saying that it can't be enjoyed, but the stats have not greatly increased ridership. Most people do not think to take advantage of it.

By definition Smugglers Run should have the most.rerideability but the guest impact is not what was promised. That is an example of how variables(and in that case, expected guest interactivity) does not really pay off.
A lot of people feel they spent so much on tweaking Star Tours to the point where some.lf the best endings were lessened.

MrPromey

I do think though that if they are investing money in Pandora, that a third ride would be a better use than adding a new profile to FOP. even just a “walk through” animal trail attraction would be a good addition.

But if they're in a board room talking about it how is that going to go?

"For fifteen million, we can update FOP and create better synergy with the new movies helping feed the virtuous circle or we can spend half a billion dollars on adding a new ride. What do you think, guys?"

Ideally, they'd do both, though.

What's the incentive to spend any money on a ride that already has no issues getting 2 hour lines regularly? The money would be better spent fixing the Yeti...

I'd say both in making sure it continues to stay that way and also, to stay connected to the current state of the franchise.

Depending on what happens in this next movie (or the one after, or the one after that, depending on how things go) there could be fundamental changes to the environment or the relationship with the humans on the planet that would date the existing experience as-is...

Cameron would be someone who already knows if that's the case.

Today, a lot of people ride the ride who really don't remember the move or never even saw it and there seems to be this feeling that the ride works, even without people understanding it's connection to an IP but that's in part because a decent chunk of riders hadn't even been born yet when that first movie came out and we didn't hear a ton about it in the the following decade.

Depending on how this movie lands, that could all change.

... or not. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom