POTC parrot?

PurpleDragon

No. I see things painted on the walls all the time. Green parrots with a wooden leg, eye patch, pirate hat and a tattoo on their chest are a little more on the rare side.

Master Yoda, I gotta say I love and admire your bluntness. You have a way with words thats.........how should I put it..........hilarious? :hammer:

KevinFlynn

No. I see things painted on the walls all the time. Green parrots with a wooden leg, eye patch, pirate hat and a tattoo on their chest are a little more on the rare side.

You know what else I don't see everyday? Skeleton pirates driving a crashed boat, or men with tentacle faces.;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know what else I don't see everyday? Skeleton pirates driving a crashed boat, or men with tentacle faces.;)
You should hang out in my neighborhood some time.

In all seriousness the Peg Leg Pete is whimsical and not even remotely realistic. The other elements of the attraction (Davey Jones, Skeleton Pirates, etc) fit into the POTC of the movies.

KevinFlynn

You should hang out in my neighborhood some time.

In all seriousness the Peg Leg Pete is whimsical and not even remotely realistic. The other elements of the attraction (Davey Jones, Skeleton Pirates, etc) fit into the POTC of the movies.

I know. The post was made in jest.:wave:

But I still think the "parrot doesn't fit in with the ride anymore" excuse is BS, but that's why there are apples and oranges.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know. The post was made in jest.:wave:

But I still think the "parrot doesn't fit in with the ride anymore" excuse is BS, but that's why there are apples and oranges.
What DL did with a realistic parrot worked. Had they done something similar at WDW it would work as well but for whatever reason they did not.

Krack

Nah, those show up everyday. Just look for painted walls, there's always tentacle faced men standing right next to it.

Skeleton pirate = not comic book
Squid faced pirate = not comic book
Parrot pirate = comic book

This argument is ludicrous; particularly when the Parrot was only there 30 years and nobody seemed to have a problem with him other than a few nincompoops at WDI.

PurpleRose

I used to like that little parrot. I dont see why they had to get rid of him? How does it not fit? Yea, its not the most advanced AA, but it was a special little touch.

You are right, he did add a special little touch. I would always jump up and down with glee when I heard him as a little girl. POTC is one of my favorite rides. He will be missed.

Demeter Tess

For what it's worth, I was SO LIVID they took out Mr. Parrot. It was one of those little details that delighted me and my brother when we were kids - I remember taking pictures with him many times, and I think we have his whole spiel on VHS tape somewhere. RIP Mr. Parrot.

kashmir

Peg Leg Pete at WDW.

Parrot at DL
pirates-map-web.jpg

This is a macaw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom