PotC Hidden Skull?

HMF

Yeah, I do agree with that. It does kinda suck it was for the photo reason. It'd be nice if they brought it back just to bring it back.
We know the only way today's Disney will bring back anything good is with an ulterior profit-based motive.
*Orange Bird
*Dreamfinder and Figment Merchandise
*EPCOT Center merchandise
The list goes on and on. It gives us what we want while also pleasing the bean-counters it's a fair compromise in my view.

WDWTank

We know the only way today's Disney will bring back anything good is with an ulterior profit-based motive.
*Orange Bird
*Dreamfinder and Figment Merchandise
*EPCOT Center merchandise
The list goes on and on.
When I take control of The Walt Disney Company, I will make sure everything has a quality state of purpose :)

HMF

What would have been fun is if everyone kept saying "Jack Sparrow" and Jack is in the background hiding and saying "ugh.. Captain... Captain Jack Sparrow.." under his breath. Would have fit into the movies' running gag perfectly and seemed less out of place and corporatized.
I would prefer Jack just be in the background and not be forced into the center of attention.

ProfSavage

Yet, here you are.

EDIT: In the interest of fairness, this isn't exactly "bringing the skull back," considering it's a completely different skull with a completely different voice delivering completely different dialogue and is there for a completely different reason.

And yet you're here.

People can't have expectations? I remember begging my mom for a dog when I was a kid, specifically a yorkshire terrier. I didn't get a yorkshire, but a cocker spaniel. Was I still pleased and happy? Yes, but the fact is I wanted a yorkshire terrier.

Checked in today, saw this, got sad. I haven't posted in months.

People have every right to be upset, I also have every right to think they're being big babies about everything.

Skipper Dan

Why are the townspeople protecting Jack when he wants to steal their treasure, just like the other pirates?

I was hoping nobody would bring that up... now you've got my blood pressure up! :hilarious:

The story problems are real, but why the heck is everybody calling him captain when it was a running gag in the movies that nobody actually did? It's honestly my biggest problem with the changes. Takes me right out of the moment.

Two people. Two people are protecting him, not the entire town.

But, so you don't believe it's in the character of Jack Sparrow, to swindle one mayor and his wife into protecting him, only for him to steal the town treasure anyway? Okay. You could say we don't know that, but then people complain about too much exposition.

Anyway, the "mishmash" or -- for better a word -- intergration, is what makes it fun. Example, the animatronic figures have pristine clothing as depicted in the Hollywood films of that era (1960's, Florida's was just duplicated). Along with the clean, dramatically colored version of his ounscreen outfit, a bright yellow scarf -- which not only serves a practical purpose (covering up the neck joint) -- helps him seamlessly blend into the ride's overall aesthetic design.

It is far from intrusive.

FigmentJedi

Two people. Two people are protecting him, not the entire town.

But, so you don't believe it's in the character of Jack Sparrow, to swindle one mayor and his wife into protecting him, only for him to steal the town treasure anyway? Okay. You could say we don't know that, but then people complain about too much exposition.

Anyway, the "mishmash" or -- for better a word -- intergration, is what makes it fun. Example, the animatronic figures have pristine clothing as depicted in the Hollywood films of that era (1960's, Florida's was just duplicated). Along with the clean, dramatically colored version of his ounscreen outfit, a bright yellow scarf -- which not only serves a practical purpose (covering up the neck joint) -- helps him seamlessly blend into the ride's overall aesthetic design.

It is far from intrusive.
You're reading far too much complexity and depth into a script that has to remind us every five seconds who the movie characters's names are.

You gonna make an hour long video about how post-2006 Pirates is the most narratively complex attraction Imagineering has ever conceived?

HMF

They're all plastic ;) some just look better than others.
Also keep in mind the design of the DL Talking skull has evolved over the years.
tour_roger_anim.gif

Disneyland_Angela_N01.jpg

J4BBQ_Dland_Seattle_N02.jpg

DSC_4729.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom