post trip depression

chwilson88

Anyone else get this sick feeling after being home for a few weeks after being at WDW? I have it now and it is horrible. The week went by wayyyy too quickly and now back to the real world. Horrible.:eek: I'm sure others get this too...Have to just start the planning process for next year to ease the pain.

NYwdwfan

We went in December 2010. We planned that trip in May 2010 based on a 40% PIN code we received. The date of the PIN code email: May 10, 2010. Starting a few days before May 10, 2011 and continuing now, EVERY TIME I hear the chime of me personal email account on my Blackberry I run to the phone thinking, "Can this be it"? I've managed to convince myself that I'm going to get another code to plan a trip for November 2011 (which is totally silly, I know). We also bought a few timeshare weeks off my sister and she is trying to trade into DVC for me - I know it's a longshot and difficult to get but still doesn't hurt to try - so now every time I see a text or call coming in from my sister I think, "did we get our week??!". Totally pathetic. We've agreed to go back November 2012 - but my husband said he's consider 2011 if a great deal pops up. MY FINGERS ARE FIRMLY CROSSED!!!

Upvote 0

chwilson88

Original Poster
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for that. I just wish they didn't go by so quickly. I always promise myself that next time I'll slow down more and "savor" it, as if I could slow down time, but it always ends up passing by so darn quick.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

Magic Express heading home....Photo speaks for itself.

IMG_0923.jpg

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

That picture DOES say it all.

It really doesn't help that LITERALLY everyone I know (and their mother) is planning a trip right now - and coming to me for advice. They KNOW I am an addict - and they're waving around those dining plan options and menus in front of my face. There's only so much of other people's magic I can handle before I crack!!!

Upvote 0

Bri1121

I hate that feeling when you get back. You have been planning for so long and then in a blink of an eye its over! Just need to start planning the next trip!

73 days until we arrive in Disney!!! :)

I am still in the planning mode but is seems like everyone has gone or is going very soon!!

Upvote 0
You are definitely not alone! The only way I can beat the post-Disney blues is by starting to plan our next trip. Thank goodness we go to Disney every Summer or I'd been in full-on depression. :D

Upvote 0

Hot4Hudgens

This happens to me EVERY. TIME. I'll usually get back on a Sunday afternoon, drop everything and let out a huge sigh knowing that it's back to the same ol' grind the next day. :(

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

I'm going through the same thing right now. I managed to carry the high from our Easter trip for a little while after we left, but I am actually working on my first ever TR as part of my self-induced therapy!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I always have that feeling when I return too.
The 1st week is usually not that bad bc I'm still on the "WDW high" - but, after about the 1st week, I really start to miss it.
Then, I get my pics developed, make my scrapbooks & photos albums - that helps me to relive the memories.
If I am lucky, then we book another trip for the next year!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Gojira ゴジラ

Me and my wife go to Disney World every year and we live in California. Although it was sad to leave Disney (I agree it was a miserable feeling).. but we always can't wait to get home either.

Maybe it was the long flight (plus we have to drive another 2 hours to get home)

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We just got back last Sunday, mothers day. We weren't planning on going back Til november 2012. Well after we got back we decided that secant wait that long and bumped it to April/may 2012, still a full year away. Even after that we decided, still can't wait that long so were planning a long weekend over veterans day. This will be my sisters first time going during the Christmas season and I'm so excited for her to see it all decorated!! And I am in the process of writing my TR so for those of you who have the Disney blues can check it out!! :)

Upvote 0

Disney05

I'll tell you in 2 weeks when we get back. I'm on the other side now. Getting ready to go in a few days. Walking into the house after coming home is the worst. No Disney music playing in the background. No getting ready to head to the parks. Just get to go through the hundreds of pictures you take. Then start planning for the next trip. And occasionally pop in the planning DVD.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Oh this year for some reason has been the worst. :hurl:
Ive been planning to do a mini trip report and i just havent had the stomach to even come on the boards....

Am i the only one that hates the people walking into the resort for their first day when your taking the walk of shame with your luggage to airline check in? I hate those people :lookaroun

Upvote 0

chwilson88

Original Poster
Ive been planning to do a mini trip report and i just havent had the stomach to even come on the boards....

Am i the only one that hates the people walking into the resort for their first day when your taking the walk of shame with your luggage to airline check in? I hate those people :lookaroun

EXACTLY. The moment you arrive in that check-in line at the beginning of your trip, is the biggest high ever, best feeling. The walk of shame is the worst low though. I guess that's the price for having such a high to begin with.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

I've since vowed not to participate in "the walk of shame".

I have bell services pick up our luggage when we're checking out.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Not alone at all, I know I go through it. Always a sad day to return. I always hate thinking, you know someone is on such and such right now. Or this time last week I was..It is incredibly sad indeed....I often even try to avoid certain sites for awhile in hopes that it will pass...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom