Post if you love Stitch

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
I personally adore Stitch. I like the way he talks ("Naga!"), I think his monorail audio is hysterical, I love seeing him "intruding" on pins. He's lovable in spite of himself...and if you really look at the original movie, it has such a great message. Here's this crazy little alien who is transformed (though he still retains some of his "orneriness") by the power of love.

Also, in a general sense, I think he's universally appealing. My DH, 5, loves him, as does her buddy (a boy) who is 4. He crosses age/gender lines in a way no character has done since, dare I say it...no, I dare not.

Anyway, I'm not expressing myself as well as I usually ( I think ) would (been a long day).

But, if you like Stitch, please share why!

Mahalo!

wbt06

i do like him but not his ride. i loved the movies and this may be becouse i whent on the tour thing at mgm for the first time while they where making the movie and i got to see how it was made. of course the next time i did it it had changed and you cant see anything being made. but yea stich is just a very fun caracter. i only wish they could have kept alien incounter it was so much better

Sleeping*Beauty

:wave: I'm a fan of Stitch too!! I am 15 years old and on wednesday when I was at the Magic Kingdom one of my happiest moments of my trip was when I meet Stitch. I was riding the TTA with my Mom and Grandparents (by the way I love that ride I rode it for my first time this trip), and I looked down and their was Stitch. As soon as I got off the ride I asked if we could go see him. My Mom got some cute pictures of us. He even noticed my pin lanyard which was full of Stitch pins.

I also got a Stitch stuffed animal, key chain, traded for tons of Stitch pins(and Lilo), and got another Stirch charm for my braclet. Almost everything I got was Stitch related.

I think I like him so much because of his learning way. How Lilo has to teach him right from wrong. And also how he explores.

DFD111

I personally think that Stitch is one of the best Disney Characters that has been created in house in a long time. Stitch is wonderful in his destructive nature and how he learns from his mistakes just like the rest of us. I am sure that if the Stitch haters would sit down and look at him from that aspect they may just give him some respect. I do think that Alien Encounter was a great attraction and I don't think Stitch should have taken over that attraction, he should have been given an attraction in Disney Studios, like a Stitch Flight Simulator with Gantuu coming in and harassing him and pleakly causing problems as well. The movies have been great and the Tv show was neat. The merchadise is awesome, I love the pins and shirts. If I am in a playful mood I will answer my wife's questions with, Naga and I even call her my Bhugie Boo (sp). :D

Parkerbexar

I think Stitch rules!!!!!!!!!! He is one of the funniest characters in a long time all his movie are great. I think he rubs a lot of the Disney traditionalist the wrong way but that’s what 626 is designed to do lol :p

St205

Stitch is awesome. I love the movies,the characters and whatnot. However,I wish there was something else with Stitch AND Lilo(and other characters from the movie) besides the see-it-once Stitch's great escape.

He's great to interact with too,as one time in the 'Ohana character breakfast he sat with us at the table and made a "toast" with his empty glass! :lol:

CThaddeus

I enjoy Stitch in everything I've seen him in, and everything I've heard him do so far. I thought the Monorail spiel was great - a perfect way to puncture some of the stiffness the speil usually has. In addition, I'm a big fan of Stitch's Great Escape. I never much cared for Alien Encounter...at least not in the Magic Kingdom. I've expressed my dislike of it on other threads, so I won't go into it here, but I was very impressed with the way Stitch was integrated into the attraction, making it a much more everyone-friendly attraction (get over the chili dog smell complaint. It's not that bad. And it's not supposed to be good!). The story is clever, and I feel they make much better use of the binaural technology. The Stitch AA is much more impressive than that cheesy looking "alien on a stick" used for Alien Encounter. I'm also happy that Skippy got included as the SIR and Skippy preshow was the only part Alien Encounter I felt was worthwhile (okay, SIR got included, too, just with a Richard Kind makeover).
Unfortunately, I have a feeling we've seen the end of Stitch now that Chris Sanders has left Disney. Since he was his voice and creation, there probably won't be much in the way of new stuff. True, the voice isn't hard to do, and Disney may attempt to have someone else fill his shoes, but I have a feeling it might not go over as well. But then Mickey has gone through three voices, so I could be wrong...

worthog352

yea...i like stitch and think he is one of the best disney characters around but alien encounter shouldnt have been taken away....they just should have just put in a new scarier alien and made it like the next-generation type alien encounter...call it alien encounter 2.0.....any way....stich would have served better at the location of buzz lightyear....because i think buzz will be overshadowed by toy story mania...even though they are built like 5 years apart......stich could have his own ride like the one for monsters inc in Disney Land just more interactive.....i dont know....like an interactive stitch coaster about the of size prieval whirl without the bigger drop and mabey not shooting but like a help stitch catch his evil brother experiment...in 3D... mabey like a more interactive version of spiderman at Islands of Adventure..sounds like a good imagineer idea to me...of course disney would put a spin on it to make it a new type of ride

Dagger

Stitch lover here! I agree he gets a bad rap. Yea, he is probably overdone, as the princesses were for a while too... and Pooh, etc, but I think he's a lot of fun!

Damien666

Let's see, Stitch himself I like. He is a fun character that I really enjoyed in the first movie.

The attraction of SGE however...let's just say they could have done so much better with a different attraction.

I think one thing that really hurt Stitch was when SGE came out, the marketing department went overboard with him. They put so much stuff of him out that it pretty much annoyed people in a bad way.

brucie

wow it seems people get worked up over this terrible character, sorry I clearly was confused I will no longer talk about how I don't like stitch in this thread. You will not see me mention that I hate stitch anymore...I hate stitch... Ok im done :p

ckvin

I like Stitch...he's a fun little guy. I've liked some of the different holiday plush dolls they've made with him in different costumes. Hearing Kryssa talk about Stitch on the 7 Must Sees was also one of my favorite parts of that show!!

My daughters both came out of Great Escape crying from being a little scared...but both wanted to go do it again!

10 days to go until I've got the family at Disney World!

Kerby626

Yup, Stitch is the heat. I'm such a fan I put "626" in my screenname. I was at DLR when the movie opened. My wife and I had seen some of the early animation at MGM and since we weren't at a park yet, we went to the movie. I was hooked. I have ten or fifteen Stitch pins, and a Stitch stickers on my truck. I love the series too. He's done good.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
samp0c6f53369172b804.jpg

LeeSeeBabe

I absolutely love Stitch! I have his Santa ears, a christmas plush of him, and a regular plush of him. However, I have not ventured onto SGE yet because of the negative feekback I have heard about it. I will give a chance when the line is no more than 10 minutes long when I am passing by.

raven

I love Stitch! I wasn't around when he "took over the MK" so-to-speak. But I can understand that people hate him due to that very thing. Kinda like I hate all the Pirates stuff right now. Pirates are everywhere and I hate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom