Post Disney Depression

1968CamaroSS396

Original Poster
Just got back this afternoon from WDW and the PDD (Post Disney Depression) has set in. This is the third year in which we made to the WDW and the second that also had the cruise. We stayed in Wilderness Lodge Villas for one night and Boardwalk Villas for five nights. We hit the Food & Wine Festival and Party of the Senses. I celebrated my 50th birthday with dinner at Be Our Guest and also hit Ohana's and Tony's. We had fun with MNSSHP and my wife finally got to see MSEP. We were able to celebrate Halloween with the new Dream Halloween Cruise and dinner at Palo.

Even if we hadn't done anything special except riding the attractions and eating quick service, I would still be feeling the loss of having to leave the world. We Disney fanatics on the boards can always find fault with something in the parks, but cast members like Laily from Indonesia who was part of the Dream's Mousekeeping (and the friendliest cast member I've ever met - Disney could make a fortune bottling her enthusiasm) and Marko from Serbia who was our waiter at Palo and blew us away with the best service we've ever had.

I'll just have to keep reading WDWMagic, watching the Disney ships as they leave Port Canaveral and waiting for next year's trip. And get therapy for PDD, for which there is only one cure,,,,,,,,

Britt

UGH. I know. It's been over a year since my last trip and it sucks. I really thought I'd be good going in another 4 years or so, but nooooooo. Im really hoping to see if we can make a trip next year. We didn't go this year so we could spend the year getting debt free. Now we've done that and that little part of Disney is just missing. This forum only helps so much :/

awoogala

I have the sickness. Went in January, lost my mind because it was NOT the best trip... spent the next few mths. convincing the husband we NEEDED to go in November.. few days until we leave..and i am already sad about the end of it. I think we all need better hobbies, because the premonition of the after-Disney depression is already getting to me! ugh.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm the same way and get PDD starting the day before we leave. We cannot go often b/c we live in Louisiana and it's a 12 hour drive for us. So we usually only go every other year and go elsewhere in between. We are now DVC members so hoping maybe knowing I'll be back will help with the PDD. But I doubt it! Lol. I will be in your position once again on 12/16 the day we get back home and I go immediately back to work the next morning. :(

1968CamaroSS396

Original Poster
I honestly have as much fun planning and setting up everything as actually being there. I told my wife that counting down to 180 days out to get up at midnight to get a 6:00pm res at BOG for my 50th birthday was half the fun. Setting up FastPass+ at 60 days and the port adventures and watching My Disney Experience counting down helps past the time.

jlsHouston

Just got back this afternoon from WDW and the PDD (Post Disney Depression) has set in. This is the third year in which we made to the WDW and the second that also had the cruise. We stayed in Wilderness Lodge Villas for one night and Boardwalk Villas for five nights. We hit the Food & Wine Festival and Party of the Senses. I celebrated my 50th birthday with dinner at Be Our Guest and also hit Ohana's and Tony's. We had fun with MNSSHP and my wife finally got to see MSEP. We were able to celebrate Halloween with the new Dream Halloween Cruise and dinner at Palo.

Even if we hadn't done anything special except riding the attractions and eating quick service, I would still be feeling the loss of having to leave the world. We Disney fanatics on the boards can always find fault with something in the parks, but cast members like Laily from Indonesia who was part of the Dream's Mousekeeping (and the friendliest cast member I've ever met - Disney could make a fortune bottling her enthusiasm) and Marko from Serbia who was our waiter at Palo and blew us away with the best service we've ever had.

I'll just have to keep reading WDWMagic, watching the Disney ships as they leave Port Canaveral and waiting for next year's trip. And get therapy for PDD, for which there is only one cure,,,,,,,,

So did you use the FP+ for rides ? How was that ?

rt06

Waiting for summer resort specials so I can book and obsessively browse My Disney Experience for a few months. I can't imagine what FP+ is going to do to my head. Disney has me chasing the dragon. I think the glitches are every bit intentional:

Log in. My ADR! Where's my ADR?! Log out. Log in. Log out. Log in. Log out. Wait an hour. Whew. There it is.

Repeat.

awoogala

Welcome to my world. This is exactly why I moved to Kissimmee (I got tired of that sad, dreary feeling), bought an A.P. (which expires in January), and I go to Disney (guess which park!) almost every weekend (I've been to WDW > 70 times and counting so far this year!!!).
oh. killing me. I've been trying to move to fla. for years... sighhh. But the good job is here..lol

epcotisbest

OK, while not a cure, doing a trip report here and sharing your story and pics from the trip helps a bit with the PDD, or did for me.

Sans Souci

Is this something I missed in the DSM V? ;)

I always look forward to our vacations, but my expectations never live up to the reality. We go for a 4 day weekend in late Feb.-early March and a week in mid-August.

My husband plays, like, 876 rounds of golf when we go to WDW. Not a big deal, but my son has Asperger's Syndrome (and we don't use GAC/DAS, so please, stand down) and I feel like I have to be hyper vigilant with him in the parks. It's easier when you have two sets of eyes. I love spending time with my son and going on rides with him, but it's mentally exhausting to be continually scanning situations for potential meltdown material. I am toast by the end of the week. While I am sad to leave, I always look forward to getting my son back into a predictable routine.

Tinkerbella16

I totally know the feeling. Even 20 trips to the World doesn't change things, I still get depressed when I'm home. Picked up my sister and her husband at the airport yesterday, their Disneymoon was over and I EVEN felt the depression for them. She was crying their last full day and on DME. I feel extra bad because I am arriving on Wednesday for a week! We work together so I went all week last week with out her and she is going to be without me most of this week and next week! LOL

1968CamaroSS396

Original Poster
FP+ worked great. We decided to change parks twice, so I went in and tried to change the selections. Unfortunately, by that time the times for the changes were really late and we had ADRs and MNSSHP in the evening. Only one FP+ change would disappear online, but I had written it down and showed the CM who let us go through. We did use our KTTK cards to get additional FPs.

Matt_Black

As long as I know there's another WDW trip on the horizon I'm okay with returning home after a great vacation. Actually, I am usually glad to return by the end of two weeks, to see my animals, sleep in my own bed etc.

True, but still... I've been having dreams where I'm still in the parks, and yesterday, I woke up expecting to see the room I was staying in instead of my regular old bedroom.

Zipadeelady

I honestly have as much fun planning and setting up everything as actually being there. I told my wife that counting down to 180 days out to get up at midnight to get a 6:00pm res at BOG for my 50th birthday was half the fun. Setting up FastPass+ at 60 days and the port adventures and watching My Disney Experience counting down helps past the time.
I understand where your coming from..I'm the same way. I think that I actually build it up so much while i'm planning that at first it doesn't live up to my expectation and I have to do a reality check and say to myself "Your at DISNEY!!!" :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom