Post Disney Depression

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I am always glad to drop the dogs off at the sitter, but I miss them something terrible in about 2 days- even though they are the source of all that is noisy and chaotic in our house. Luckily, our doggie resort e-mails pics of them playing and being happy 3 x a day!
We know the feeling. We miss our pets after day 1. We look at pictures of them while we wait in line sometimes. My parents dog sit and take him on very long walks in morning and in evening. He loves going to stay with them so we are lucky to have them help. If he sees the suitcase he gets all excited and thinks he is going to stay with them and runs to the front door and spins around and barks and makes his "begging" face

camera 197.JPG

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I had PDD between August 2012 (our last trip) and June 2013 (when we officially planned our next trip).

Right now I have PDA - Pre-Disney Anticipation.

Between January 18 - 22, 2014, I will have DDE - During Disney Excitement.

On January 22, I will have HTDVAD - Halfway Through Disney Vacation Affective Disorder.

From January 23 - 25, as our trip winds down, I will have PPDD - PRE-post Disney Depression.

As I settle back in at home on January 25, PDD will begin again.
You are a very sick man! lol.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Yes, and I'm looking forward to the day when they sell a Duffy the Disney Bear or Mickey Mouse plush dressed like Rocket Raccoon!

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Disney!

they sold Rocket Raccon plushies at last comicon.
but they were insane expensive (120 USD each one?)
not sure if they were limited edition, but they are on ebay.

also, no cowbell?

BuddyThomas

Welcome to my world. This is exactly why I moved to Kissimmee (I got tired of that sad, dreary feeling), bought an A.P. (which expires in January), and I go to Disney (guess which park!) almost every weekend (I've been to WDW > 70 times and counting so far this year!!!).
Legitimate question:

Does going so often make it any less special? I'm really curious to know. In my mind, it probably would diminish the magic for me a bit and would definitely take away from it being "an event". I liken it to "if it was Christmas every day, what's so special about Christmas?"

As to the PDD, I hear you, but I find that it helps to schedule something fun and unexpected for when you get home.....a concert, a show, a dinner at a restaurant you have never tried before, maybe a little mini weekend trip to somewhere nearby, that is if the mouse hasn't sucked every single penny out of your bank account.

And then of course, get on with your life and maybe start planning for next time. The years whiz by and you'll be there again before you know it.

Dog Ate Mouse

PDD is real and we only go once a year for vacation for 10 days. It's a sad feeling leaving and not being there any more. What helps me to get over the depression once we are back home is the souveniers that we buy. I always buy a new WDW watch, we always get a new Xmas ornament and house decorations, a few shirts and lots of silly fun pictures from the rides we went on. It's these items that makes me smile and remember all the fun we had and why we are going back next year. Then comes the other problem is that once the reservations are made the count down begins and two weeks before our trip I cannot wait and have hard times trying to sleep just waiting for that day to come so we can get into the car and start our vacation. My DW says I am as bad as a little one waiting for Santa to come on Xmas eve (LOL).

RMichael21

PDD is real and we only go once a year for vacation for 10 days. It's a sad feeling leaving and not being there any more. What helps me to get over the depression once we are back home is the souveniers that we buy. I always buy a new WDW watch, we always get a new Xmas ornament and house decorations, a few shirts and lots of silly fun pictures from the rides we went on. It's these items that makes me smile and remember all the fun we had and why we are going back next year. Then comes the other problem is that once the reservations are made the count down begins and two weeks before our trip I cannot wait and have hard times trying to sleep just waiting for that day to come so we can get into the car and start our vacation. My DW says I am as bad as a little one waiting for Santa to come on Xmas eve (LOL).

Only????????? I go ONLY every few years for usually a few days.(Most of the time I go for a little longer then a few days. But still...)

(But I do agree with you about the disney depression curing methods. :))

Sorry for my rage. ;)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom