Post Disney Depression

mcstensrud

Being a DVC Member we know there is always another trip ahead.
Although we go twice a year to WDW (May and sept)we went to Disneyland in sept and stayed at the Grand Californian Villas. I am missing my WDWFix and will have to wait till May now!

Graham9

We've been going through the WDW "Cold Turkey" (shakes, sweats and pointing to anything with Mickey Mouse on it) for the last three years and just when the symptoms were subsiding, we had enough money to go back and we've got the Pre-Disney Depression syndrome (broken sleep with anticipation, urge to write endless packing lists). Treatment doesn't help with the internet and Youtube films of WDW to watch which makes matters worse. The only cure is to go back I'm afraid.

Spikerdink

My last two trips (this past October) and before that March of '12 I left not knowing when, or if, I would be able to go back. So Disney Depression set in quickly on my last days. I sat in differnt spots, taking in all the senses of just being there, and tried to make sure those memories would last as long as I could.

No next trip planned, and times look like they are going to get even tougher, so these memories are going to have to hold me for a long, long time.

bethymouse

No trips actually planned sadly.:cry: I was hoping to wait for a summer discount in 2014 around my boys' 10th birthday! July 27th.:joyfull: The future is very uncertain for us, however.:in pain: I do know how you feel though. I love coming on here, but sometimes that makes me even more "Disney" depressed.:arghh:

pixiesteno

I think the only thing worse than PDD is having to cancel a booked trip. We have not been to WDW since 2011 and I have an AP voucher "burning a hole in my pocket" but we ended up cancelling our trip for this past September. We are in the process of trying to relocate south and purchased a HUD home (forclosure). We thought that we would be in the middle of the move so cancelled our trip. No, we're still fixing things at that house that were not quite what was represented. So instead of being at FWC in Sept we were at "Fort Morris ";) putting a new roof on the GA house.:banghead: I told my DH several times that I was sure he parked the RV in the wrong area because I could not hear the EWP at night. (sigh) The only thing that makes this somewhat better is the fact that when we are moved we will be about 6.5 hours drive from WDW. We just don't know when we will be able to take that drive.

Jimmy Thick

The depression is caused by the current state of depressed animals around WDW property. Its like a "flu" that invades your being and forces you to act like them.

There is no hope, there is only darkness...'

Jimmy Thick- Creeping in, fast...

Cesar R M

The depression is caused by the current state of depressed animals around WDW property. Its like a "flu" that invades your being and forces you to act like them.

There is no hope, there is only darkness...'

Jimmy Thick- Creeping in, fast...

in my case, it even invaded the sky.. because it rained with a very moody feel as soon I got into the magical express to the orlando airport, and rained UNTIL arriving to houston.

1968CamaroSS396

Original Poster
Well, we are planning on going to Disneyland in the spring, and i did schedule a 7 day cruise on the Magic next Nov, but 6 months sounds like an eternity,,,,,

Britt

Waaaaay worth it! That's what I'm hoping happens this year. Although, with my wife finishing school and entering the cosmetology field we might be able to return to Florida. However, it will probably be a Disney cruise and Universal, no parks.
It IS so worth it! Feels soooooo good!!! Im just hoping this new freedom means we can get back to WDW soon! Although it does feel good to say we're debt free before we step into our 30's! Well, hubby just turned 30...Ive still got a couple years.

Of course...this is until we buy a house. HAHA

draybook

It IS so worth it! Feels soooooo good!!! Im just hoping this new freedom means we can get back to WDW soon! Although it does feel good to say we're debt free before we step into our 30's! Well, hubby just turned 30...Ive still got a couple years.

Of course...this is until we buy a house. HAHA

Yeah....only another 26 years until ours is paid off.......:bawling:

Britt

Yeah....only another 26 years until ours is paid off.......:bawling:
UGH!!! Buying a house is so worth it, but so overwhelming. We're lucky to be renting our home, it's a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom with a big ol yard, but it's seriously just like throwing money away. We build NOTHING from paying our rent every month. But, we had to spend this year getting debt free so we can rebuild our credit, save enough to buy a home we can be proud of *sigh* Even if we are paying for it for the rest of our lives......LOL

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You gotta avoid seeing people who are checking in as you leave. With their smug faces and their huge smiles of a Disney trip that just began, it makes me sick! Lol.

Only thing that helps me after a trip is thinking about how I can get back to work to save more quickly for retirement and move to Orlando and become a Friendship Boat Captain and tell stale jokes to my passengers. It makes going back to work somewhat easier.

danpam1024

other than going to DTD, we haven't been to the world in 2 years come Thanksgiving day :arghh:. My DS is a tween and our family has a better time at Universal, despite my wanting a piece of nostalgia. the most frustrating part for me is we live less than 3 hours away. I start my new job after almost a year hiatus and my first paycheck just may be APs for Christmas (well my first 2 paychecks LOL). Time to take the bull by the horns :D

danpam1024

As long as I know there's another WDW trip on the horizon I'm okay with returning home after a great vacation. Actually, I am usually glad to return by the end of two weeks, to see my animals, sleep in my own bed etc.
I am always glad to drop the dogs off at the sitter, but I miss them something terrible in about 2 days- even though they are the source of all that is noisy and chaotic in our house. Luckily, our doggie resort e-mails pics of them playing and being happy 3 x a day!

epcotisbest

I think the only thing worse than PDD is having to cancel a booked trip. We have not been to WDW since 2011 and I have an AP voucher "burning a hole in my pocket" but we ended up cancelling our trip for this past September. We are in the process of trying to relocate south and purchased a HUD home (forclosure). We thought that we would be in the middle of the move so cancelled our trip. No, we're still fixing things at that house that were not quite what was represented. So instead of being at FWC in Sept we were at "Fort Morris ";) putting a new roof on the GA house.:banghead: I told my DH several times that I was sure he parked the RV in the wrong area because I could not hear the EWP at night. (sigh) The only thing that makes this somewhat better is the fact that when we are moved we will be about 6.5 hours drive from WDW. We just don't know when we will be able to take that drive.
Still sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the renovations.

Since1976

I had PDD between August 2012 (our last trip) and June 2013 (when we officially planned our next trip).

Right now I have PDA - Pre-Disney Anticipation.

Between January 18 - 22, 2014, I will have DDE - During Disney Excitement.

On January 22, I will have HTDVAD - Halfway Through Disney Vacation Affective Disorder.

From January 23 - 25, as our trip winds down, I will have PPDD - PRE-post Disney Depression.

As I settle back in at home on January 25, PDD will begin again.

Cesar R M

I had PDD between August 2012 (our last trip) and June 2013 (when we officially planned our next trip).

Right now I have PDA - Pre-Disney Anticipation.

Between January 18 - 22, 2014, I will have DDE - During Disney Excitement.

On January 22, I will have HTDVAD - Halfway Through Disney Vacation Affective Disorder.

From January 23 - 25, as our trip winds down, I will have PPDD - PRE-post Disney Depression.

As I settle back in at home on January 25, PDD will begin again.
wow, another guardians of the galaxy fan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom