Post-Disney Depression

rodserling27

Yes!! I ALWAYS randomly talk to people at WDW, and they almost always engage in conversation back with me! I love when I strike up a good one with someone while waiting in a long line.

BrerFrog

I love the great random conversations with strangers at WDW! It is so nice to start a conversation out of nowhere without being frowned upon. :sohappy:

LoriMistress

I always get Post Disney Depression after we come back home. My DH gets so depressed, that he doesn't like watching WDW specials regarding it because it reminds him that he's not there and he wishes he was back.

radiohost

Instant depression while driving off property going home....

spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif

3894885346_5020b1ebd2.jpg

Little Princess

It gets me when we come home and I realize that everything in my house is not "Disney-fied" :( I have recently made a shelf of disney in my room, though. :)

Tigger#1

Been reading the board for a while but I had to register and jump in on this one.:wave:

Now on to post Disney depression YES :(:(:(
visited in 84 and 87 on my honeymoon but didn't quite get the bug until a family visit in 2002 and I am hooked bad. I want to whin the lottery and go there every day. some days just to sit on a bench and people watch. All I think about is going back even though the rest of the family would like to see other places. Nothing compares to Disney World.
Found a way to go back this year be there June 20th to 28th at FW.

rodserling27

Been reading the board for a while but I had to register and jump in on this one.:wave:

Now on to post Disney depression YES :(:(:(
visited in 84 and 87 on my honeymoon but didn't quite get the bug until a family visit in 2002 and I am hooked bad. I want to whin the lottery and go there every day. some days just to sit on a bench and people watch. All I think about is going back even though the rest of the family would like to see other places. Nothing compares to Disney World.
Found a way to go back this year be there June 20th to 28th at FW.

Welcome! I hear ya about the lottery thing. Every morning I drive by two or three Pennsylvania powerball advertisements. I think it's up to $171 million this week...I always think to myself "how many 10-day trips at the Grand Floridian can I take with that?" :lol:

wendysue

I understand that pain....it gets worse with each subsequent trip. The pain then requires another quick fix...booking another trip. Then you need more and more trips planned because the pain becomes more and more unbearable. :ROFLOL:It is totally an addiction.
For instance, we initially started going once a year...then we got a pin code which allowed us to go twice a year....So two trips a year because what we 'needed'. Then we got an unbelievable deal on a DCL cruise that allowed us to additionally go on a cruise. Now we are up to 2 trips to WDW a year and a DCL cruise again. DH was thinking maybe we should fit in a christmas week trip too! This is not a good situation....(This is not easy to pull off affordably because we live in upstate NY - not FL!!!!). We are starting to think we should just move to FL :lol::lookaroun

OMG. You totally have this figured out. I thought this was something I must have written, except for the cruise part. At least you have your priorities straight. :wave::)
We have been thinking we too should just move to Florida from Illinois.

I think Disney puts something in the air or water to get so many hooked so badly. :ROFLOL:

echoscot

Well, since I am a CM I don't have post WDW depression, but next week my sister and a friend of hers and I will be at DLR and staying at the Disneyland Hotel....YEAH. But will be a bit depressed when we have to leave.

She called me today to scream "5 MORE DAYS" into my phone...LOL

Wilt Dasney

Boy, do I know the feeling. I worked at WDW for a while and always missed the place when I'd leave. Then last year I went to DL for the first time. My affection for the whole scene kicked up a notch.

Walking in the actual park that Walt Disney had built and visited, I almost felt like me and the old man were tight as toast. (I know, everybody says that.) :lol: It's hard to describe. But I sure do miss it now!

HMF

I have always suffered from post-Disney depression from the time I first went there and every time since. Though since I discovered wdwmagic it makes the wait slightly less painful.

Avenger117

I can't say I get sad after a trip, if anything I'm alot happier. I never want to leave when I'm there but when I get home I don't get depressed. I listen to the Wdwntunes and watch the parades on youtube and that just reminds me of how much I love WDW and how happy it makes me.

Walt Disney1955

I can understand the depression. I guess as time goes on you talk to your family and sharing the wonderful memories you have, for me that always helps. It makes you miss is still but you can't help but get happy again.

For me the sadness sets in when we board the ferry on the way back. When we were there in September, just my wife and I, it was a little bit of a downer not knowing when we'd come back. Somehow we managed to scrounge enough money to go with the rest of my family this March, so shortly after we came home from the last trip we knew we were coming back!

But after this trip and the prospect of having our own kids we don't know the next time we will be there. So no doubt I will soak all I can in me.

Personally ways to cure my depression is to go on Youtube and watch videos like ones where a person videotaped Small World through the whole ride. Just hearing the music again makes me happy

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Thank you so much to everyone who replied to this thread! I'm glad I'm not alone! You gave a lot of great suggestions to help ease the pain :lol: But I pretty much have to immerse myself in everything Disney until we go back again... I don't know if we can afford yearly trips from PA but we're going to try our hardest! It's just a truly magical place where everything is perfect, there is nothing to worry about, and it's happy all the time. No other place like that in the world as far as I can tell!

wsmith1978

Original Poster
Personally ways to cure my depression is to go on Youtube and watch videos like ones where a person videotaped Small World through the whole ride. Just hearing the music again makes me happy

Small World was the first Disney ride I ever rode and will always be my favorite :) That an Space Mountain. But yes I watch that Small World video on youtube too! And I watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant. Thank God for youtube!!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Single-malt Scotch always works very well. Even helps with post-Disney depression.....

Walt Disney1955

Small World was the first Disney ride I ever rode and will always be my favorite :) That an Space Mountain. But yes I watch that Small World video on youtube too! And I watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant. Thank God for youtube!!

That's true, although I try to limit myself to it. I've always felt like you still need to have a degree of mystique, but let's face it either way you're going to enjoy the park regardless. Nothing beats being there in person and while Youtube is a great tool there are some rides that you clearly need to be there to fully appreciate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom