Post Abandoned Disney Ideas you know

ImaginerFigment

Indy95 said:
Well then here's some good news for you: because of Disney's purchase of the Muppets, the plans for Muppet Studios have been taken out of mothballs and are being given some consideration. This is far from a sure thing, of course, but still it's better than the plans being shelved.

Yipeeeee!!!!:D

Legacy

DizkneeBoi said:
What the heck is Maroon Studios? Can someone please elaborate?
In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Roger works for RK Maroon, owner of Maroon Studios. The Studios was going to be a section of MGM devoted to Roger Rabbit and his friends. It was going to have the Car-Toon Spin, the Toontown Trolly simulator ride, Baby Herman's Baby Carriages (which included the riders dressing up as babies), and a Bennie the Cab ride. It was ALSO rumored to have a recreation of the Ink and Paint Club as a themed resturant, complete with the Dueling Pianos.

Indy95

Legacy said:
In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Roger works for RK Maroon, owner of Maroon Studios. The Studios was going to be a section of MGM devoted to Roger Rabbit and his friends. It was going to have the Car-Toon Spin, the Toontown Trolly simulator ride, Baby Herman's Baby Carriages (which included the riders dressing up as babies), and a Bennie the Cab ride. It was ALSO rumored to have a recreation of the Ink and Paint Club as a themed resturant, complete with the Dueling Pianos.
Ooooooooo I hadn'y heard of the Ink and Paint Club...that would have been great!

And wasn't the Car Toon Spin and the Benny the Cab ride the same thing?

P.S. Don't forget Roller Coaster Rabbit! :D

CaptainMichael

A larger Muppet area would be great because the Muppets are timeless characters. Everyone knows who Kermit, Gonzo, and Miss Piggy are. Roger Rabbit has been long forgotten and is not well known in today's society. I'm glad that a large portion of the Disney Studios didn't get themed to a forgotten franchise. It wouldn't have been a wise buisness decision.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was the Roger Rabbit expansion officially called Maroon Studios? All the press releases I have call it Roger Rabbits Hollywood - and never mention Car Toon Spin (an obvious candidate)

Legacy

marni1971 said:
Was the Roger Rabbit expansion officially called Maroon Studios? All the press releases I have call it Roger Rabbits Hollywood - and never mention Car Toon Spin (an obvious candidate)
It wasn't originally called Maroon Studios, it was just a name that I heard mentioned and I thought it was the best one. It's kinda like everybody calling Villian Mountain, but I call it Bald Mountain because I think it sounds better.

that_L_do_pig

moink said:
yeah that is true however rumor has it that about 10 years ago they bought about 10 to 15 sq miles of land in texas (forget where). Maybe thats where they are going to put Disney's Amercia.

Also if you read Michael Eisner's book it mentions Disney's America in there and says that they will continue looking for new development options outside of the preposed (sp) area.

Yeah, Texas gets the Disney rumors. I can recall them over three property locations over the last 20 years:

Plantersville (location of Texas Renaissance Festival)
Katy (I guess where Chinese Forbidden Gardens ended up)
Conroe (Lake north of Houston)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
that_L_do_pig said:
Yeah, Texas gets the Disney rumors. I can recall them over three property locations over the last 20 years:

Plantersville (location of Texas Renaissance Festival)
Katy (I guess where Chinese Forbidden Gardens ended up)
Conroe (Lake north of Houston)

Yup, and we are big enough for all three!!! :lookaroun

126disney

what about bible land. It was amde for epcot when it it open they even had a sihg in between the canda and United kingdom that said coming soon come vist the land of the bible.

wdwswan&dolphin

126disney said:
what about bible land. It was amde for epcot when it it open they even had a sihg in between the canda and United kingdom that said coming soon come vist the land of the bible.
You mean the once-planned and highly anticipated Israel Pavilion?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom