Post Abandoned Disney Ideas you know

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Indy95 said:
How much time do you have? This is just for WDW parks...

Adventures of Icabod (sp?)
Space Pavilion
Sleeping Beauty
Roger Rabbit area
Mary Poppins
D ick Tracy's Crimestoppers
Western River Expedition
Muppet Studios
Italy gondola ride
Original CTX
Germany Rhine River Ride
Excavator
Equatorial Africa Pavilion
Tiger Rapids Run
Switzerland Pavilion with Matterhorn
Beastly Kingdom
Russian Pavilion
IJA
Israel Pavilion
Magic Underground
Spain Pavilion
Original Land Pavilion
Puerto Rico Pavilion
Flying Saucers
Fire Mountain
Villain Mountain
Everything included in Project Gemini

...There's a lot more than that...but I just don't have the energy

Didn't MGM have a Roger Rabit theamed part? I rember the "DIP machine" and everything there.

Also wasnt there as Muppet 3D show? inside the "Muppet Theater"

Legacy

monorail_man said:
Didn't MGM have a Roger Rabit theamed part? I rember the "DIP machine" and everything there.

Also wasnt there as Muppet 3D show? inside the "Muppet Theater"
Maroon Studios actually held four attractions, while Muppet Studios had the 3-D show, the Muppet movie-ride, and the Great Gonzo Pizzaria.

ImaginerFigment

Legacy said:
Over at Acme Labs?

I SO want Maroon and Muppet Studios to be made. If they made those I wouldn't care about anything else on property.

Acme labs??

I don't know about Maroon studios but Muppet Studios would be awesome!!!

But there is a Muppet.com site that is Muppet studios so I wonder...:animwink:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Legacy said:
Maroon Studios actually held four attractions, while Muppet Studios had the 3-D show, the Muppet movie-ride, and the Great Gonzo Pizzaria.

Ah. I see. I don't rember the Muppet movie ride or the Gonzo thing. I only rember the 3D show.

Legacy

monorail_man said:
Ah. I see. I don't rember the Muppet movie ride or the Gonzo thing. I only rember the 3D show.
Well... the movie was all that was built. The rest of it was planned but never came to fruition.

ImaginerFigment

monorail_man said:
Yes. Thats what it was called. the Roger Rabbit themed place was ACME Labs.

I loved that place. the sound boxes. the DIP machine. the steam roller. everything.

The sound boxes are gone now and so is the dip machine its in the boneyard

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lynx04 said:
I saw some satellite photos of WDW and the area between the contemporary and MK parking lot had land bulldozed or dug up. Was this land suppose to be used for another resort?

This land was cleared in the late 80`s for The Meditteraninan Resort, Disneys most expensive yet. Due to poor ground quality, as it stands, nothing can be built there for now. This was the original location for the Venitian Resort in the 5 year plan (`71-`76)

Regarding the Muppet Studios (Muppet Movie Ride), you`d be surprised how close they got to being built - the construction wall was up, the land was being cleared and the hoarding was painted with Muppet Charecters and the legend `Muppet Studios. Opening 1991`

Legacy

marni1971 said:
Regarding the Muppet Studios (Muppet Movie Ride), you`d be surprised how close they got to being built - the construction wall was up, the land was being cleared and the hoarding was painted with Muppet Charecters and the legend `Muppet Studios. Opening 1991`
I know... :(

And the Pixxaria was to go where Pizza Planet is now.

Vernonpush

There was a billboard up at the Studios in the late 90's about a magician's dinner theater going up near the entrance to the park. I can't remember the magician's name. They started some land clearing and everything, but then the project just dissapeared.

moink

Dukeis#1 said:
I'll add one of the most infamous canned projects, The Disney's America historical theme park that was to be built in Virginia near Washington DC during the mid-90s. A lot of mindless opposition occurred against the park, so Disney eventually cancelled it.

yeah that is true however rumor has it that about 10 years ago they bought about 10 to 15 sq miles of land in texas (forget where). Maybe thats where they are going to put Disney's Amercia.

Also if you read Michael Eisner's book it mentions Disney's America in there and says that they will continue looking for new development options outside of the preposed (sp) area.

Yenfid

I know of plans for a Little Mermaid Ride were 20K was, but the only thing that came of it was the Grotto. I think it was called Under the Sea with Ariel. Working title of course.

Lynx04

moink said:
yeah that is true however rumor has it that about 10 years ago they bought about 10 to 15 sq miles of land in texas (forget where). Maybe thats where they are going to put Disney's Amercia.

Also if you read Michael Eisner's book it mentions Disney's America in there and says that they will continue looking for new development options outside of the preposed (sp) area.

I hope Disney doesn't make a new theme park destination in the States. There isn't a need for another one. All it would do is funnel the people out of there already existing parks. Or at least wait until all the room has been used up in WDW and the park has no more cap and a strong need for expansion.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
venooch333 said:
Whats MYST :veryconfu :confused:
MYST was a PC game that came out it the 90’s.It has spawned off a number of squeals since then. The game is really hard to put into words so here is a link.MYST

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yenfid said:
I know of plans for a Little Mermaid Ride were 20K was, but the only thing that came of it was the Grotto. I think it was called Under the Sea with Ariel. Working title of course.

As in the shelved DLP version (next to IASW) - I didn`t realise it was officially announced for WDW (heard the rumours though)

Indy95

Legacy said:
I SO want Maroon and Muppet Studios to be made. If they made those I wouldn't care about anything else on property.
Well then here's some good news for you: because of Disney's purchase of the Muppets, the plans for Muppet Studios have been taken out of mothballs and are being given some consideration. This is far from a sure thing, of course, but still it's better than the plans being shelved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom