Possible Warner Bros theme park

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Here is an article talking about how Warner Bros has a plan to build another theme park. I wonder if they would build it in Orlando? It would be awesome to have another theme park resort in Orlando, especially if it's indoors.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
It was SO fun!! I made a vlog about it if you're interested.

They wouldn't have the movie/tv sound stages for a tour but they could rebuild sets and have prop exhibitions! I'm really interested in the Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka sections - there's so much they could do based on those films! There are a lot of other IPs listed that would gain a lot of traction - DC Comics and Lord of the Rings specifically. They already have DC Super Heroes World in Madrid and Gotham and Metropolis in Abu Dhabi that they could pull from.

I agree this has the potential to be amazing. I have always wanted to see a Wizard of Oz land. Tony Baxter was going to build one in 2013 at Disneyland but MGM and Disney could not agree on the money aspect.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Really?! I never heard that! Interesting! They have that abandoned theme park in NC that I've always thought sounded really cool and sad that it's abandoned. Would love to step into the world of Oz =)
Yeah it's nuts I actually learned it from this forum. There is a thread called Oz the Great and Powerful ride and a poster told me Disney's plans for an Oz land.

cheezbat

Yeah it would but this is rumored to be an indoor theme park like the one in Abu Dhabi. So it could be open all year round.
Or, you know, they could open it in Florida or Souther California and it could be open year round anyway...and wouldn’t have to be completely indoors.

The indoor theme park looks pretty cool, but it’s very limiting in how large they can build things and even harder to add new things to existing areas with out major building modifications.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Or, you know, they could open it in Florida or Souther California and it could be open year round anyway...and wouldn’t have to be completely indoors.

The indoor theme park looks pretty cool, but it’s very limiting in how large they can build things and even harder to add new things to existing areas with out major building modifications.
True It's probably the bias in me because I live in NY and we do not have any good theme parks. 😂

lazyboy97o

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, like everything on Yas Island, is owned by Miral Asset Development. Their brands are licensed out to a variety of owners around the world so it seems odd to decide to now wade into that mess of restrictions and brand associations.

Investing in Six Flags and pushing for a change in the licensing agreement seems like an easier means of getting [back] into the theme park game. The past decade has shown that when the desire exists Warner Bros. is capable of guiding licensees to developing good experiences at a variety of price points. Justice League : Alien Attack 3D was the result of Warner Bros. being more involved in attraction development and was the starting point for the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis rides that have been built across the Six Flags parks. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has been well received and it is Warner Bros. who J.K. Rowling has entrusted to supervise the three Wizarding World lands.

Jon81uk

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, like everything on Yas Island, is owned by Miral Asset Development. Their brands are licensed out to a variety of owners around the world so it seems odd to decide to now wade into that mess of restrictions and brand associations.

Investing in Six Flags and pushing for a change in the licensing agreement seems like an easier means of getting [back] into the theme park game. The past decade has shown that when the desire exists Warner Bros. is capable of guiding licensees to developing good experiences at a variety of price points. Justice League : Alien Attack 3D was the result of Warner Bros. being more involved in attraction development and was the starting point for the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis rides that have been built across the Six Flags parks. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has been well received and it is Warner Bros. who J.K. Rowling has entrusted to supervise the three Wizarding World lands.

The original Justice League shooting ride was developed by Warner Bros and Sally Corp for the Warner Movie World park in Austrailia. Then Sally Corp sold it on to Six Flags. I do expect that Warner fully expected to get Six Flags to buy the ride as well, but they wanted a new ride for their own park too.

Wouldn't surprise me if Village Roadshow theme parks (who operate the Warner parks) start to work more closely with Six Flags rather than build their own park in the US.

seascape

If Warner Brothers were ever to get back into the themepark industry it would mean an end of Harry Potter at Universal. The contract is not just with JKR but WB too. Now, would I love to see WB, Disney and Universal to compete against each other in Orlando? YES

Taking this a step further, where would they build?

JoeCamel

If Warner Brothers were ever to get back into the themepark industry it would mean an end of Harry Potter at Universal. The contract is not just with JKR but WB too. Now, would I love to see WB, Disney and Universal to compete against each other in Orlando? YES

Taking this a step further, where would they build?
I don't think that is true.
If WB got into the biz again there is nothing they could do without JKR's approval. Since JKR passed on Disney's ideas for her work and Universal produced them so amazingly I would think she would prefer Universal and WB's offerings of potter would be along the lines of the walk throughs they operate now. She drives the contract not WB.
It would be similar to the Spielberg deal where they brought his ideas to an experience many can enjoy. He likes Universal. Minus the vig though.

lazyboy97o

I don't think that is true.
If WB got into the biz again there is nothing they could do without JKR's approval. Since JKR passed on Disney's ideas for her work and Universal produced them so amazingly I would think she would prefer Universal and WB's offerings of potter would be along the lines of the walk throughs they operate now. She drives the contract not WB.
It would be similar to the Spielberg deal where they brought his ideas to an experience many can enjoy. He likes Universal. Minus the vig though.
Have you ever seen the art for Universal’s initial ideas? It was not much more than a light redressing of Merlinwood. Rowling had Universal involve Warner Bros. who have retained a great detail of control over Universal’s work. Thinkwell was also heavily involved in both Universal’s prior work and the Warner Bros. operated attractions. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was the first project that was largely Universal Creative on their own.

JoeCamel

Have you ever seen the art for Universal’s initial ideas? It was not much more than a light redressing of Merlinwood. Rowling had Universal involve Warner Bros. who have retained a great detail of control over Universal’s work. Thinkwell was also heavily involved in both Universal’s prior work and the Warner Bros. operated attractions. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure was the first project that was largely Universal Creative on their own.
I agree. The collaboration with control has been very productive much like the dreamer and the money has been for Disney. It takes several working together to give us the goodies.
I think at this point it is a mutual feeling of gratitude that would keep JKR and Universal working together and I don't know the extent of WB's control over her rights in a theme park so I posit that she likes the money and execution just fine. Butterbeer is magic!

champdisney

I kinda wish Universal and WB can someday reach an agreement to further extend their partnership, at least for UOR. Call me selfish for expressing a want for more for my home park but when thinking realistic, which Universal resort across the globe has two theme parks with another one on the way? That can continue to add without needing to stress over the amount of available space?

Only Universal Orlando.

With the exception of DC characters, bring me some more Beetlejuice. Hanna-Barbera properties like Scooby-Doo and I'll be happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom