Possible Warner Bros theme park

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Here is an article talking about how Warner Bros has a plan to build another theme park. I wonder if they would build it in Orlando? It would be awesome to have another theme park resort in Orlando, especially if it's indoors.

manmythlegend

Advertisement
WB has the best studio tour in Hollywood by far! BY FAR! So I'd love to see them pull this off. Orlando could use another attraction to divert crowds away from Disney.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
WB has the best studio tour in Hollywood by far! BY FAR! So I'd love to see them pull this off. Orlando could use another attraction to divert crowds away from Disney.
I agree it sounds amazing! I hope they build one in Orlando. Maybe NY so it could be indoors and be open all year round.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It was SO fun!! I made a vlog about it if you're interested.

They wouldn't have the movie/tv sound stages for a tour but they could rebuild sets and have prop exhibitions! I'm really interested in the Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka sections - there's so much they could do based on those films! There are a lot of other IPs listed that would gain a lot of traction - DC Comics and Lord of the Rings specifically. They already have DC Super Heroes World in Madrid and Gotham and Metropolis in Abu Dhabi that they could pull from.
I agree this has the potential to be amazing. I have always wanted to see a Wizard of Oz land. Tony Baxter was going to build one in 2013 at Disneyland but MGM and Disney could not agree on the money aspect.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Really?! I never heard that! Interesting! They have that abandoned theme park in NC that I've always thought sounded really cool and sad that it's abandoned. Would love to step into the world of Oz =)
Yeah it's nuts I actually learned it from this forum. There is a thread called Oz the Great and Powerful ride and a poster told me Disney's plans for an Oz land.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'd much rather have an "Oz land" based on TWOZ and not Disney's movie so it was prob a good thing it wasn't built. Here's to hoping with Warner Bros!
Absolutely! I wonder if this happens where would they build it? I'm from NY so I would love to see it built here so it could be open all year.

cheezbat

Yeah it would but this is rumored to be an indoor theme park like the one in Abu Dhabi. So it could be open all year round.
Or, you know, they could open it in Florida or Souther California and it could be open year round anyway...and wouldn’t have to be completely indoors.

The indoor theme park looks pretty cool, but it’s very limiting in how large they can build things and even harder to add new things to existing areas with out major building modifications.

The Real Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Or, you know, they could open it in Florida or Souther California and it could be open year round anyway...and wouldn’t have to be completely indoors.

The indoor theme park looks pretty cool, but it’s very limiting in how large they can build things and even harder to add new things to existing areas with out major building modifications.
True It's probably the bias in me because I live in NY and we do not have any good theme parks. 😂

lazyboy97o

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, like everything on Yas Island, is owned by Miral Asset Development. Their brands are licensed out to a variety of owners around the world so it seems odd to decide to now wade into that mess of restrictions and brand associations.

Investing in Six Flags and pushing for a change in the licensing agreement seems like an easier means of getting [back] into the theme park game. The past decade has shown that when the desire exists Warner Bros. is capable of guiding licensees to developing good experiences at a variety of price points. Justice League : Alien Attack 3D was the result of Warner Bros. being more involved in attraction development and was the starting point for the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis rides that have been built across the Six Flags parks. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has been well received and it is Warner Bros. who J.K. Rowling has entrusted to supervise the three Wizarding World lands.

Jon81uk

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, like everything on Yas Island, is owned by Miral Asset Development. Their brands are licensed out to a variety of owners around the world so it seems odd to decide to now wade into that mess of restrictions and brand associations.

Investing in Six Flags and pushing for a change in the licensing agreement seems like an easier means of getting [back] into the theme park game. The past decade has shown that when the desire exists Warner Bros. is capable of guiding licensees to developing good experiences at a variety of price points. Justice League : Alien Attack 3D was the result of Warner Bros. being more involved in attraction development and was the starting point for the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis rides that have been built across the Six Flags parks. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has been well received and it is Warner Bros. who J.K. Rowling has entrusted to supervise the three Wizarding World lands.

The original Justice League shooting ride was developed by Warner Bros and Sally Corp for the Warner Movie World park in Austrailia. Then Sally Corp sold it on to Six Flags. I do expect that Warner fully expected to get Six Flags to buy the ride as well, but they wanted a new ride for their own park too.

Wouldn't surprise me if Village Roadshow theme parks (who operate the Warner parks) start to work more closely with Six Flags rather than build their own park in the US.

Top Bottom