Possible Pirate themed restaurant for Adventureland

kennygman

I agree that it shouldn't be pirate goofy and pirate donald, but pirate servers and Jack Sparrow and Hook and Smee would be okay for me as they are pirates. Have some pirate entertainment while you eat too. Sing some sea shanties and such. Anything that could get some villians involved is cool.

disnyfan89

My guess would be that they would stay away from Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale because they are next door to Liberty Tree Tavern. I am willing to bet they are going stay away from characters for this restaurant. The only location in the Magic Kingdom that does not offer characters is the plaza restaurant.

jedimaster1227

I think this was discussed awhile back, and the name "Tortuga" was even being thrown around as a name.

The idea has been tossed around for the last two years, but it is definitely in the works, just not before Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain are down for rehabs...

the-reason14

This sounds like a great idea, I dont know if I would go but like someone else said it seems like it will draw in the boys, and also be effective in other ways.

mickeysgal

Didn't Disney test a buffet in Adventureland a couple of years back...maybe they were just waiting to make sure the movies were a complete success.

I like the idea...although my son is young enough to enjoy dining with the princesses (my daughter is obsessed), it will be a nice change of pace to eat with pirates. Also, with Toy Story Mania being built...I hope the Toy Story character meal idea resurfaces...I really liked that idea.

flscooman

Didn't Disney test a buffet in Adventureland a couple of years back...maybe they were just waiting to make sure the movies were a complete success.

It was an overflow buffet for people with free dining plan that didn't have ADR's. It was two falls ago, last fall it was at the Tomorrowland Terrace/Noodle Station.

ToTBellHop

It was an overflow buffet for people with free dining plan that didn't have ADR's. It was two falls ago, last fall it was at the Tomorrowland Terrace/Noodle Station.
and this fall will be the "Mickey's Toontown Fair Truck Stop starring Lightning McQueen and Friends", a whimsically-themed diner reminiscent of America's greatest Interstate highway service stations.

While I can see a new eating establishment...I don't see them using the Verandah as a location. That is used primarily for special events, for cast member gatherings and private parties, and used constantly mind you.

Jessie&Buzz

I really hope this happens. Although my son enjoyed the princess breakfast (he's just 4) I'm sure he would love a pirate meal. My daughter would like it to as she likes the ride and movies. The one that would go crazy would be my niece. She's a huge Captain Jack fan.

Peters_Shadow

My wife and I visited Disneyland Paris last year. There is a restaurant called the "Blue Lagoon Restaurant" attached to "Pirates of the Caribbean". We didn't eat there, but now we wish we had. It kind of has has a pirate theme. You actually eat along the shores of part of the ride. We rode the ride twice, and saw people eating at the restaurant. It's at the beginning of the ride before you really get into the ride so it's not like you have several scenes of animatronics then all of the sudden you see people eating at tables. But the atmosphere for the people eating was cool, as it was under a very realistic moonlit starry night.. and of course it's tropical. :)

Greg

disnyfan89

I just talked to a Manager at LTT and I was told that she has seen a floor plan for this restaruant. She told me it would be just like CRT except themed to pirates. It is also my understanding that this location has already started to except bids from servers who want to work there. She also told me that this is a 22 month project. I do not know where on the timeline of 22 months this project sits.

SGT623

I just went by and peeked thru the curtains. All of the P&P theming is gone and all the lights were on. Didn't notice any work being done yet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom