Possible Pirate themed restaurant for Adventureland

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I just read on another site about the possibility of a Pirate themed restaurant coming to Adventureland. The rumour mentioned using the old Adventureland Verrandah location across from the Treehouse. The rumour suggested that the Pirate and Parrot restaurant location would be better (because it's directly across from the ride.) I personally like the AV location better as it's bigger (to begin with) and that area of Adventureland really needs activity. As it is right now, there is a lot of empty space available as you enter Adventureland, making the whole entry rather devoid of activity, until you get to the first shops near the arcade into Frontierland/Liberty Square. Opening up this old food location would definately pump some much needed energy into the area.

As far as the restaurant idea, I think it's great. Theme it up, bring in Jack Sparrow and you've got a great alternative to the Princess dinners for the boys. Heck, I'd be tempted to eat there, cause the potential sounds light a lot of fun. (Do Pirates even use utensils?)

Your thoughts?

mitchk

You didn't hear this on Screamscape did you?? I just read that article as well, I guess it would be a good idea.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I just read on another site about the possibility of a Pirate themed restaurant coming to Adventureland. The rumour mentioned using the old Adventureland Verrandah location across from the Treehouse. The rumour suggested that the Pirate and Parrot restaurant location would be better (because it's directly across from the ride.) I personally like the AV location better as it's bigger (to begin with) and that area of Adventureland really needs activity. As it is right now, there is a lot of empty space available as you enter Adventureland, making the whole entry rather devoid of activity, until you get to the first shops near the arcade into Frontierland/Liberty Square. Opening up this old food location would definately pump some much needed energy into the area.

As far as the restaurant idea, I think it's great. Theme it up, bring in Jack Sparrow and you've got a great alternative to the Princess dinners for the boys. Heck, I'd be tempted to eat there, cause the potential sounds light a lot of fun. (Do Pirates even use utensils?)

Your thoughts?

WOAH!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: I hope this is true.. and really wish it can be built within a few months!!! :xmas:

It seems like this was posted a while back on here by someone but I dont remember who, I think it was posted right around last year when the last pirates movie came out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep - this was discussed here last year. I wonder if this is new, or a rehash of last years discussion?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think this was discussed awhile back, and the name "Tortuga" was even being thrown around as a name.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That rumor surfaced around about the same time as DMC was hitting theaters. Since then nothing much has really been said about it.

I personally love the idea. MK really could use another table service restaurant and we know how popular character dinning is. I could see a no utensils, aka Medieval Times, pirate themed meal being very popular. Throw in Captain Jack and a $25.99 price tag and you will have a place that books out faster than Cinderella's royal table.

JimboJones123

I don't know about no utensils, but I can see there being much more theme utensils -- Big and Bulky, hammered look. I can also see the plates being very themed too. THIS WILL BE PACKED! I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the beginning of theme/character meals for the older than 5 crowd. Ohana is the only other one that comes to mind on property, and I don't think we'll see a price of just $25.99 either. Think more like $30.99 for dinner $25.99 for lunch.

kcnole

It's definitely on its way to Paris and that's the name it'll have in Paris. This is the first I've heard of the concept being done in the US but I know for certain its being done in Paris with the name given above.

psifreek27

I remember hearing this rumor last year and loving it!

If this is true...I will gladly pay 25.99 or higher for a pirates themed character meal...AND beleive me that is something i will probably never do for other character meals.

I HOPE THIS HAPPENS!

prberk

Am I the only one who is starting to see overkill again here?

Disney seems to have forgotten lately how to ensure longevity by leaving people wanting more. Today, its more like leaving people saying if they see ONE MORE pirate or mouse they are going to go crazy.

"Had a great vacation, but it's nice to get back home. Honey, I think we should just go to Daytona next year. Disney has gotten to where everything is the same... and still overpriced. We can skip a year or even two -- then maybe I can stomach the pirate and princess overload again...."

Am I the only one who is starting to see overkill again here?

Disney seems to have forgotten lately how to ensure longevity by leaving people wanting more. Today, its more like leaving people saying if they see ONE MORE pirate or mouse they are going to go crazy.

"Had a great vacation, but it's nice to get back home. Honey, I think we should just go to Daytona next year. Disney has gotten to where everything is the same... and still overpriced. We can skip a year or even two -- then maybe I can stomach the pirate and princess overload again...."

LOL...Disney has ALWAYS over killed current company/park trends till every copper cent is milked from its popularity. Pirates and Princesses are EXTREMELY popular, and I for one would take the classic Disney pirates and princesses overloading the parks any day (both sets have resided in the Magic Kingdom since the early 1970s as it is) over some obnoxious, newly devised cartoon character (Roger Rabbit, Stitch).

This too shall pass, but I feel a Pirates themed restaurant isn't out of place in Adventureland and would last far beyond the current public obsession with the Pirates of the Caribbean market. Especially when you consider that the attraction is highly adored and is the inspiration for the film, not visa versa.:drevil:

ToTBellHop

even without the films, everyone loves a pirate. If well themed, this could be permanently popular, and if it isn't, who cares? We get a long-closed dining location back open and they can always change the characters. Having real pirates along with Mickey, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto in their pirate costumes would be a BIG hit with everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom