Possible New WDW Roads

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This was posted in the Permits thread but thought it deserved one of it's own. A permit was files with the South Florida Water Management District to allow for borings to be taken in various wetland areas to assess the conditions for possible road additions. Remember these are NOT permits to actually build these roads, but just to assess conditions.

The first one connects Flamingo Crossing to CR545.

capture-jpg.98991

The second is the rumored extension of Floridian way to the back entrance, although it follows a different route then we have been speculating.

h9Co0K5.jpg

The third and probably most interesting could be the long speculated new entrance to DHS.

cL4RhRN.jpg

[Edit]: The third one could be a new entrance, but it also could just be an access road.

Last edited:

Sparky359621

This was posted in the Permits thread but thought it deserved one of it's own. A permit was files with the South Florida Water Management District to allow for borings to be taken in various wetland areas to assess the conditions for possible road additions. Remember these are NOT permits to actually build these roads, but just to assess conditions.

capture-jpg.98991

The second is the rumored extension of Floridian way to the back entrance, although it follows a different route then we have been speculating.

h9Co0K5.jpg

The third and probably most interesting is the long speculated new entrance to DHS.

cL4RhRN.jpg
So the new roads would be the red lines labeled 'path of drilling and boring locations'?

Ignohippo

The wetlands between the existing road and the creek would be perfect for expansion (after the land was made suitable, of course). I really hope the boring is for infrastructure and not just a road. That would be a very big waste of an expansion pad if it's only used for a road.

The one from Victory way to the parking lot makes much more sense.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The wetlands between the existing road and the creek would be perfect for expansion (after the land was made suitable, of course). I really hope the boring is for infrastructure and not just a road. That would be a very big waste of an expansion pad if it's only used for a road.

The permit clearly says it's for roads.

Scor1pion

I'm thinking the projected MK back entrance extension/connection to Floridian way would move the road out of the fireworks fall out zone, where the speculated road would have been within the fallout zone.?.?

DocMcHulk

I thought the line in black made the most sense since there is already an intersection there. but, is it going to be the line in red?

Also, what's with that thing on the left (marked with a question mark)?

DHS New Entrance.jpg

Tom

Beta Return

The permit clearly says it's for roads.

They could be fibbing a bit, or using their "road testing" as a way to sneak in some tests on the expansion area. It could also be that they're going to put an access road along that south end....as part of the expansion. Two birds, one stone.

I'm thinking the projected MK back entrance extension/connection to Floridian way would move the road out of the fireworks fall out zone, where the speculated road would have been within the fallout zone.?.?

That seems logical. Or just to keep it along the property line and not cut off possible central plant or parking expansion in the future.

I thought the line in black made the most sense since there is already an intersection there. but, is it going to be the line in red?

Also, what's with that thing on the left (marked with a question mark)?

View attachment 98997

They're showing it coming off the service road to that electrical substation area, which tells me it will be an access/construction road. Good access from Osceola Pkwy. There are also drill marks on the SE corner of that intersection, implying that they may be adding a series of exit ramps as well.

That spur almost has to be related to future construction traffic. They're going to need major access to that end of the park.

DocMcHulk

They're showing it coming off the service road to that electrical substation area, which tells me it will be an access/construction road. Good access from Osceola Pkwy. There are also drill marks on the SE corner of that intersection, implying that they may be adding a series of exit ramps as well.

That spur almost has to be related to future construction traffic. They're going to need major access to that end of the park.

That makes complete sense.

ABQ

Nice find!

Think DHS egress, not access.
Ah, that makes sense, if I'm understanding. Would the current entire entry/exit be converted to completely be entry and add more toll booths? If future plans for that park are even close to all that's been hinted, it certainly would need more parking gate attendants to prevent a horrid back up.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah, that makes sense, if I'm understanding. Would the current entire entry/exit be converted to completely be entry and add more toll booths? If future plans for that park are even close to all that's been hinted, it certainly would need more parking gate attendants to prevent a horrid back up.
As I understand it, the current main World Drive entrance will be enhanced. One park expansion plan had the road right after the toll booths turn East then north to give the park more room and more of a corner. I don't know if that's still a plan, though it could be from what I've heard this week.

The current BVD gate could become WDW busses only.

A new grade separated exit onto Victory Way could be on the table. DHS is the only park with traffic signals at its exit and the ensuing chaos.

John Fowler

I can remember vividly spending much of my summers cutting line and staking out the spots for bore holes. Tons of muddy and wet work a head for those surveyors. I wish them well. This is an interesting development.

tl77

capture-jpg.98991

h9Co0K5.jpg

The third and probably most interesting could be the long speculated new entrance to DHS.

cL4RhRN.jpg

[Edit]: The third one could be a new entrance, but it also could just be an access road.

The DHS plan looks like a series of roads, and on the most recent Google maps image it look like road work has started between Osceola Parkway and South Studio Drive https://www.google.com/maps/@28.351041,-81.5607905,932m/data=!3m1!1e3

exhibits-4.jpg

GymLeaderPhil

The goal is for Center Drive to dead end at the MK Cast Parking/"West Gate" bus loop as the increased traffic from residents in the area have overwhelmed the interesection to Reams. The interesection is directly next to a curve in the road on Reams and has caused a lot of accidents, forcing Disney to have OCPD present to manually direct traffic.

The demand for more Cast working the MK has resulted in more overflow parking being utilized at the Disney Univsrsity building, which has them crossing Center Dr. as well.

Mix in firework fallout, especially permiter during the parties, and it's a traffic nightmare.

A new interesection with a stop light will be located where Property Control used to be located and will most likely connect to Floridan Way as indicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom