Possible New Main Street Music Loop To Debut

BenS

I'd never heard of Hello Dolly before WALL-E, so when the movie started I was really surprised to hear the MSUSA background music. :lol:

JLW11Hi

The current main street loop is an instrumental compilation of a number of songs from the late 1800s/early 1900s. The entire loop itself isn't available for sale, but if you check Mousebits it is almost certainly going to be there.

They also use appropriate songs from musicals that take place in that time period, like The Music Man, Hello Dolly, and Oklahoma. (Maybe a few others?)

wdwfan22

Original Poster
After what they did to Liberty Square, this is a little concerning...

I agree I hate the new Liberty Square loop, but I'm hopeful that the Main Street Loop will be done better. On a side not during the Christmas Party the old Liberty Square loop was used.

wdwfan22

Original Poster
This just says Disneyland. There is a possibility that the WDW loop will remain the same, right?

There is always that possibility, however when the loop was last altered it was altered at both Disneyland & Magic Kingdom at the same time. My guess is that is will be introduced first at Disneyland then later at the Magic Kingdom Park.

WDW1974

OK. I admit it. Unless something is drastic, I tend to not pay attention to BGM.

So ... what exactly did they do to LS's?

RSoxNo1

Have the updated the entrance music so that it no longer stays, "the castle leads the entry way to seven lands and more"?

WDWFigment

OK. I admit it. Unless something is drastic, I tend to not pay attention to BGM.

So ... what exactly did they do to LS's?

Too busy playing on your smartphone or Nintendo DS to notice the wonderful little details that help define the parks?! ;)

Kidding, obviously, but as someone so in-tune with the details that help complete the experience, I am a bit surprised that you don't pay attention to BGM.

COProgressFan

Too busy playing on your smartphone or Nintendo DS to notice the wonderful little details that help define the parks?! ;)

Kidding, obviously, but as someone so in-tune with the details that help complete the experience, I am a bit surprised that you don't pay attention to BGM.

Nice comeback :p

The old loop was a quiet, peaceful medley of songs of early America played in a style evocative of the time period. Very similar to what is played in the American pavilion at Epcot currently. (I think there may actually be some overlap with songs). I believe I read somewhere (it might of been in the Imagineering pocket guide to the MK) how the instruments used in the the songs were instruments that would have been used in the late 1700s.

A year or two ago (right after the HoP refurb, I believe) it was replaced with lots of Sousa marches and similar patriotic tunes. Sousa marches are fine, but they are much too uptempo and loud, and while they may fit the HoP indoor queuing area, they don't really match the lazier feel of the area by Columbia Harbor House, the riverboat dock, or Liberty Tree. The current songs and their musical style are also about a 100 years after the time period Liberty Square is trying to evoke.

GrimGhost

I would have to agree. I consider BGM among the most important elements in any themed experience.

Married Life could be a great addition, I just hope they keep "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" and the Oklahoma medley.

I'm all for a new loop, but I really hope they keep this one piece, too. Walking through the gates and hearing "Put on your Sunday Clothes" is the single most defining moment for me at WDW. The real "you're here" moment.

fredtom

I really hope that we don't lose too much of the current music on the loop. Main Street Loop is probably one of my absolute favorites outside of ToT and Sunset Blvd (I tend to like the older songs). Hope we keep "Bicycle Made for Two", "Surrey with the Fringe on Top", "Put on Your Sunday Clothes", etc.

Whenever I think of MSUSA, I'll always associate "Bicycle Built for Two" with it. Perhaps because it's the tune I remember hearing the most from my first visit to MK in 1976.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

devoy1701

Whenever I think of MSUSA, I'll always associate "Bicycle Built for Two" with it. Perhaps because it's the tune I remember hearing the most from my first visit to MK in 1976.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

The current loop is about 61 minutes long. We always seem to be walking past MSUSA at the same time on the loop because we too hear "Bicycle Built for Two" quite a lot when we're out there!

I looove the current loop, and I think that BGM is an intrical part of the experience and theming to the lands (I'm surprised that Spirit doesn't pay closer attention to the music actually!). I really hope that if it's true that they're replacing the loop, that they are reading this thread and our favorites will remain! :cool:

I'm going to listen to it on the iPod now actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom