Possible Frontierland expansion

jt04

You're going to have to rebuild the back half of the Magic Kingdom.

That would be the idea. Similar to how they are rebuilding the right half of DHS.

The only alternative is an ever increasingly crowded MK. Of course, I would guess such a project would only happen after the Studios are upgraded.

matt9112

Theming it to Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn or Lewis/Clark makes more sense tbh. Another generic 'wild mountain' wouldn't be the best addition... especially when Frontierland is the one area of the park that doesn't need something with a height requirement.

It's days like these where Tomorrowland or Adventureland should be getting an overhaul/expansion. Both of those are so clear-cut/obvious.

Adventureland
  • Overhaul Jungle Cruise (rework ride path)/Tiki Room
  • Rework infrastructure to allow new guest path
  • Expansion behind POTC/JC
Tomorrowland
  • PeopleMover/CoP/Space/Buzz overhauls
  • Stitch replacement
  • Laugh Floor replacement (expands into MSUSA parking lot)
  • New attraction between Space/CoP, on top of CoP
  • Speedway/Cosmic Rays space used for Fantasyland, space behind Speedway/Space used for Tomorrowland
Frontierland really can't add much, unfortunately. Either, a raft ride, Geyser Mountain, or WRE. Possibly a stage show. There's not a ton of directions they can go, unless they build a new mini-land in that expansion pad.

Only caveat I can say is that a congested singular entrance to a land isn't a bad thing...it allows you to hide the rest of the park well and create an Emersive environment....hint hint.

matt9112

Great ride system. One of the best ever. Everything else needs reimagining. Also removing/relocating the train station would help solve the crowd control problems in the area.

IMO.

Go under the train station. Grand dynamic entrance into an isolated themed area.

matt9112

Biggest obstacle is Train Tracks! you would have to go under them at Splash to go around Big Thunder to access the back of the Rivers Of America where you would be outside the train loop, and then cross back under them near Haunted Mansion to get back within the park...
Or Dock the Liberty Belle and bridge across TSI... which would be a shame... Maybe go with smaller boats and make the back of the Rivers Of America exciting...Great effects and Scenery...then there would at least still be river traffic and a sort of a new attraction on the river... TSI would be more used, Aunt Polly's would get an overhaul and be used all the time....Actually I would initially be against the idea of docking the Belle, but... this could add a lot of plusses.

Why not just have one entrance area to the new environment under tracks? I mean the best themed area in the country right now has only one way in and out....

matt9112

Wow, the noise I made in my cubicle after reading that must really make me look like an unproductive employee.

In all seriousness CZs are grest...cheap and easy and more shine. Thats the argument like silverware.....sorry stainless is cheaper and is so much better at everything....

RSoxNo1

As for "nitwits"..... First, its "FOLK" not "FORK" Second, you misspelled "expensive."

Alas...... Small World has never moved nor will it.

FOLK is a very cheap theatre to build. That is simple. Small world is a specific-use constructed building. The costs associated with reconstructing that ride elsewhere are astronomical.

Moreover, Small world is one of the original, classic rides from park open in 1971. Small World is what everyone associates with Fantasyland at Walt Disney World.
Small World is moving in Tokyo. While I don't think it ever will move in Florida, you have to admit that it is the perfect attraction to bridge Future World and World Showcase. Aside from the cost (which is obviously the biggest hurdle) there are many reasons to move "it's a small world".

yensidtlaw1969

Small World is moving in Tokyo. While I don't think it ever will move in Florida, you have to admit that it is the perfect attraction to bridge Future World and World Showcase. Aside from the cost (which is obviously the biggest hurdle) there are many reasons to move "it's a small world".
It is moving in Tokyo because the building is failing. They are rebuilding the ride rather than closing it out of its sheer popularity -- the same reason they will NOT be moving it in Orlando.

All of this, still, has NOTHING to do with the Frontierland Expansion. Seriously guys, if everyone's so into discussing this topic then it needs to be done in its own thread.

PhotoDave219

Yes by in Tokyo, didn't somebody mentioned that they are moving it because of structural issues with the building?

Bairstow

I think this whole "hope it's not this IP" thing is wrong.I don't care what IP it is as long as the ride is awesome. I mean if someone would've told me that they were building an attraction based on The song of the south I would've been really upset but splash Mountain is the best ride in the magic kingdom.

I think the trepidation stems from the fact that a lot of people are coming to the conclusion that said IP would end up being Toy Story... again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
In all seriousness CZs are great...cheap and easy and more shine. That's the argument like silverware.....sorry stainless is cheaper and is so much better at everything....
Forgive me for this, but I could not resist ...

Shine bright like a Cubic Zirconia
Shining bright like a Cubic Zirconia
We’re beautiful like Cubic Zirconias in the sky

ToTBellHop

Forgive me for this, but I could not resist ...

Shining bright like a Cubic Zirconia
We’re beautiful like Cubic Zirconias in the sky
Anyone visited DL for their CZ Celebration ongoing? I hear it's more dazzling than the $5 jewelry case at Walmart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom