possible disney quest closeure???

sillyspook13

Original Poster
I have heard rumors that Orlando's Disney Quest may be closing, although nothing has been confirmed. Cast Members can now get into Disney Quest free, instead of half off. (Although this may just be a way of boosting attendance.) Also, Disney Quest merchendise is being discontinued. That sounds odd to me.....:lookaroun

General Grizz

Ohh...that's bad news. DQ impresses me, but it's not really a favorite.

If they do close it, I hope they change it to a big museum about Walt Disney, featuring the Carousel of Progress!! ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
I think that DQ probably doesn't get many repeat customers, and is always an "in addition too" sort of attraction, and once was quite enough for me. People go there for a break from the parks, along with DD, Sports Complex, etc. I would be more likely to repeat a visit to the water parks, if I were spending a lot of time at WDW. (I usually just spend 2-3 days)

General Grizz

I've been there three times, but I only really needed to go once...the place is nice, though. Everyone should go there ONCE...or more if they really like it.

Walt148

I hope that is not true because last time I went to WDW we ran out of time to go to Disney Quest. I am not going back till 2003 and if this is true it will probally be closed by that time. This makes me mad!!!

NowInc

The problem with DQ is that (as was already said) its not something you would go back to twice in one vacation. And as odd as it sounds, not enough people go to Downtown to help boost its popularity (Normally the people who go to DD are resort guests..which is far from the total amount of people who go to WDW in 1 day)...I think to save it they need to lower the prices just a tad, and maybe advertsie for it more..you hardly see anything about it in the parks....

wanabeimagineer

I like Grizzly's Idea bout the museum, cuz if the One Mans Dream thing from MGM isnt gonna be permanent then they could transfer a lot of that stuff to this museum, good job grizzly now if only we could get an imagineer to take our ideas :lol:

ToTBellHop

I like DisneyQuest. But, the prices are steep...I go there because it's on my Unlimited Park Hopper...don't really think it's worth the whole park admission as some of those attractions get dull after the first ride...

RyanS

I love DisneyQuest a lot. I've been there every vacation except the first because it wasn't open. I could spend hours in there, but that's because I'm a teenager with no life.

Grim Grinner

As someone who eats, breaths and sleeps videogames, I can honestly say that DisneyQuest is a failed concept. The technology behind most of the simulators is constantly updating, so much so, that the "rides" they have there are laughable. Anyone with a PS2 or GameCube will have better graphics and interaction that anything seen there.

Being here in Chicago, I visited our DQ before its demise, frequenting it only for the Dance Dance Revolution machine.

DQ did not have the Disney feeling. It has always felt as is some outside source built them, and Disney just tried some color schemes to attempt to give it the right feel.

I would not be sad to see DQ go, although I think a permanent museum in its place would be an excellent idea.

DanStat

NO!

Gosh, I've had one of the best times of my life there!

It's a LONG story, but if you want to hear it, I'll tell you...

I love that place! I hope it doesn't close!!

Where did you get your info from?...or is it just speculation?

also...what merchandise is being discounted?

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Originally posted by Grim Grinner
Being here in Chicago, I visited our DQ before its demise, frequenting it only for the Dance Dance Revolution machine.
Why can't we have a DDR arcade in our DQ?????:cry: If they won't lower the cost of admission, atleast put in DDR!!!! (preferably not USA or 3rd mix.....):animwink:

::currently wearing out Sea World's 3rd mix arcade::

NowInc

...its sad...i own DDR for my home use....the disney version is just so damn addicting....but its an import so i cant read a damn word on the screen....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom