Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

lazyboy97o

Shouldnt they have build something by the Future world area?
I mean, if they build something new right by the exit of the Gondola system.. Wouldnt they actually make a huge crowd mumbo jumbo there? (Ie, hitting the rat and the people trying the gondola)
Ratatouille is not being built right along the main promenade, so there is a good bit of distance between the two.

Princess Leia

Gondol will be at the International Gateway which is on the other side of the river in France... there is enough space between them for it not to be a problem...and seriously have an actual new attraction could only be a happy problem...
EPCOT is the one Disney park that was actually designed for HUGE crowds... there would be no problem with the park if they added more attractions...or even at least brought the attraction count back to what it was years ago....
There is no reason to not use Wonders of Life as a pavilion again. Fitness, nutrition, and mental health are huge topics right now (at least, I'm pretty sure they are; I work in health care, so it seems like the topic is 24/7 for me). I know that the Land used to have the musical food shows, but I think that the subject could easily be covered as a health topic in Wonders of Life as well.

Ideas:
  • New attraction in the Body Wars space. I'm not sure what could fit in there, but preferably a ride through the different functions of the body
  • Inside Out attraction (in the Cranium Command space) about different emotions and mental health
  • 4D film about nutrition where 'The Making of Me' used to be
  • interactive area to run, jump, climb, bounce, swing, and dance (actually, they could probably contain a dance party in this area)
  • Year round location for RunDisney information.
  • Year round location for festival information (but in a designated area of the pavilion that doesn't detract from the overall theme).
3 new attractions under one roof and it takes pressure off of other pavilions. Sounds like a win/win to me.

DanStat

There is no reason to not use Wonders of Life as a pavilion again. Fitness, nutrition, and mental health are huge topics right now (at least, I'm pretty sure they are; I work in health care, so it seems like the topic is 24/7 for me). I know that the Land used to have the musical food shows, but I think that the subject could easily be covered as a health topic in Wonders of Life as well.

Ideas:
  • New attraction in the Body Wars space. I'm not sure what could fit in there, but preferably a ride through the different functions of the body
  • Inside Out attraction (in the Cranium Command space) about different emotions and mental health
  • interactive area to run, jump, climb, bounce, swing, and dance (actually, they could probably contain a dance party in this area)
  • Year round location for festival information (but in a designated area of the pavilion that doesn't detract from the overall theme).
3 new attractions under one roof and it takes pressure off of other pavilions. Sounds like a win/win to me.

I think they're really missing out by not using Inside Out. It would be such a great IP to use in Epcot. Love your ideas!

KrazyKat

Ideas:

I agree 100% with you. I posted somewhere a while ago that maybe since Apple and Disney are such close business associates (Bob Iger was on their BOD, not sure if he still is) that maybe Apple could sponsor this pavilion since they are really into the whole health thing with their health app and Apple Watch features. They definitely have the $$$.

Bocabear

Ideas:
That is a great idea!

MaximumEd

:) I believe that Wonders of Life was closed prematurely. I know that there's always the 'I don't want to learn on vacation' argument, but I really think that this could be done in a subtle manner. With a little love, WoL could be one of the more popular pavilions.

Agreed. People use the argument all the time that today's guest wants 3 minute thrill rides and that the days of long Omni-movers and edutainment are done. I say people are still people and what made Epcot so groundbreaking in the 80's could still be done today. Give it a proper budget to let WDI step their game up and Epcot could still do what it once did. I just don't buy it that the concept of the original pavilions, if redone and infused with today's technology, wouldn't blow people's socks off.

Princess Leia

Agreed. People use the argument all the time that today's guest wants 3 minute thrill rides and that the days of long Omni-movers and edutainment are done. I say people are still people and what made Epcot so groundbreaking in the 80's could still be done today. Give it a proper budget to let WDI step their game up and Epcot could still do what it once did. I just don't buy it that the concept of the original pavilions, if redone and infused with today's technology, wouldn't blow people's socks off.
The only thing I'm not sure what to do with is the Body Wars space. I wouldn't put another Body Wars/Star Tours attraction in there, but idk what else the space could contain, only that it would need to be a ride.

doctornick

Original Poster
Officially I'm guessing an Alice or Poppins hedge maze, but I secretly hope for Mr. Toad returning. What a diabolical way that would be to get the fanbois to support a fantasy IP being added to Epcot!

I'd be supportive of a new Mr. Toad. A version of the Toad ride would be consistent with the "C-ticket" level of ride that insiders have suggested.

Don't get me wrong, Mr. Toad is a poor fit for an Epcot pavilion much like most of the other IP choices, but the nostalgia pull would be kinda cool.

Princess Leia

I'd be supportive of a new Mr. Toad. A version of the Toad ride would be consistent with the "C-ticket" level of ride that insiders have suggested.

Don't get me wrong, Mr. Toad is a poor fit for an Epcot pavilion much like most of the other IP choices, but the nostalgia pull would be kinda cool.
Would they have more room for the attraction at Epcot than they did at MK? It'd be nice to see a full sized Toad Hall.

Princess Leia

And the trackless ride system...
I agree with you about a trackless Toad (it would really make the 'almost crashing' bit more thrilling), but idk if Disney would put two trackless rides next to each other...

Toad literally made me cry out of fear growing up, but now that I'm an adult, I'm a lot more willing to look at it with new eyes.

larandtra

Toad was always a really fun ride. It will be very interesting to see how the whole Epcot project evolves. What makes it in and what doesnt. Where they choose to put the bulk of the funding and how they will either use current buildings or replace them with new ones. It is a shame that the WOL pavilion has gone unused for so long. Every time I go in during a festival I remember how much fun it was at one time.

Bocabear

The only thing I'm not sure what to do with is the Body Wars space. I wouldn't put another Body Wars/Star Tours attraction in there, but idk what else the space could contain, only that it would need to be a ride.
Maybe a Memory Ball rollercoaster ...Family style...with the ferris wheel lift they used at the now defunct Hard Rock Park...style the cars to look more like balls, have the entire coaster running through an enclosed show building off the back, lighting music and show scenes depicting a run of emotions.... that would be fun...and an IP tie in...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom