Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Kman101

I know many say TSL is lazy and "cheap" but Dinorama and Storybook Circus helped write the book on lazy theming to save a few bucks.

Bocabear

I would agree with you on that...there are lovely little details here and there on everything, but the overall concept is completely underwelming...especially when given the entire Disney Films catalog for inspiration...

flyerjab

Well, regarding the France Pavilion and the Ratatouille Ride...

It seems to me that this and the UK addition have moved ahead of the Energy Pavilion work. This had me thinking that Disney wants the gondola system up and running in time for the debut of Star Wars Land in DHS. Since this gondola system will be coming in behind France, and depending upon which way you turn after entering the park from the International Gateway, you will either hit France or England. It is probably in Disney's best interest to get this part of WS finished first so that the first thing you see after getting off the gondola are new additions to those pavilions, as opposed to more construction. I suppose that for the 50th, these additions, along with the entrance, spine, and Innovations areas, will most likely be the big additions to Epcot. Makes me wonder if the Energy refurb is planned for Epcot's 40th, along with more additional work (Imagination, more WS attractions) for Epcot's 50th.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, regarding the France Pavilion and the Ratatouille Ride...

It seems to me that this and the UK addition have moved ahead of the Energy Pavilion work. This had me thinking that Disney wants the gondola system up and running in time for the debut of Star Wars Land..
That's right and that's right. Energys delay rushed through Rat plans. They want to use it as an appeal to draw some DHS crowds away.

They want the gondolas ready for SWL although it's hit or miss if they'll make it exactly. Best case is yes, worst case is just miss it.

Kman101

Is it known yet what's being considered for The UK pavilion, or are we still speculating about potential themes?

Just endless speculation. Poppins is apparently being considered (if I understood @marni1971 correctly) but not the favorite. Who knows? No one is spilling. @MansionButler84 has said it will be an actual ride, so there's that. But it's not an e-ticket caliber one. So, again, who knows? Hopefully we find out in the next few years ;)

yensidtlaw1969

Just endless speculation. Poppins is apparently being considered (if I understood @marni1971 correctly) but not the favorite. Who knows? No one is spilling. @MansionButler84 has said it will be an actual ride, so there's that. But it's not an e-ticket caliber one. So, again, who knows? Hopefully we find out in the next few years ;)
I find it so funny that this particular development seems so closely guarded, especially since all sources indicate it will not be a headlining attraction. And yet my curiousity lingers on.

Much though I like the idea of finally getting a Poppins attraction, I would almost rather it not happen if justice would not be done to the feature. Anything short of a major, magical E-ticket seems insufficient, though I'm sure we all know the likelihood of that this day in age. At least The Great Movie Ride provides a taste of such a thing for those who love Mary. For now.

Kman101

Officially I'm guessing an Alice or Poppins hedge maze, but I secretly hope for Mr. Toad returning. What a diabolical way that would be to get the fanbois to support a fantasy IP being added to Epcot!

The maze idea has been shot down. MansionButler84 said the ideas they've heard are actual rides.

Toad would be wonderful but I won't hold my breath for that one.

aladdin2007

Yeah I dont even think they know yet, have a feeling they are still going back and forth with each other and can't decide (same goes for stitch), not to mention all the red tape between departments and of course chapek. :rolleyes:

Kman101

Yeah I dont even think they know yet, have a feeling they are still going back and forth with each other and can't decide (same goes for stitch), not to mention all the red tape between departments and of course chapek. :rolleyes:

That's what it seems like :/

How long has Stitch been "seasonal" now? Couldn't they have already opened a replacement by now?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

That's right and that's right. Energys delay rushed through Rat plans. They want to use it as an appeal to draw some DHS crowds away.

They want the gondolas ready for SWL although it's hit or miss if they'll make it exactly. Best case is yes, worst case is just miss it.
Shouldnt they have build something by the Future world area?
I mean, if they build something new right by the exit of the Gondola system.. Wouldnt they actually make a huge crowd mumbo jumbo there? (Ie, hitting the rat and the people trying the gondola)

Bocabear

Gondol will be at the International Gateway which is on the other side of the river in France... there is enough space between them for it not to be a problem...and seriously have an actual new attraction could only be a happy problem...
EPCOT is the one Disney park that was actually designed for HUGE crowds... there would be no problem with the park if they added more attractions...or even at least brought the attraction count back to what it was years ago....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom