Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

aladdin2007

Somewhat off topic, but I really want justice for Mulan in Epcot. I know, I know - people don't want IPs in Epcot, but to be fair, Mulan is a legendary Chinese ballad (poem) deeply rooted in the country's history.

I think there's a way to appropriately marry Disney's Mulan with Chinese history. It's about striking a balance. So to those Epcot Imagineers, I say let's get down to business...

while all that may be, it would mean ousting reflections of china, which they will probably end up doing anyway eventually. I dont think these movies will go on much longer, out they will go for ip, if what has happened to Norway and rat going into France is any indication.

Bocabear

while all that may be, it would mean ousting reflections of china, which they will probably end up doing anyway eventually. I dont think these movies will go on much longer, out they will go for ip, if what has happened to Norway and rat going into France is any indication.
There is room to have an attraction in China as well, move a driveway and some trailers and there is room for a modest show building...Look at how small the footprint is of the original Fantasyland Dark rides... And if we are to have IPs in EPCOT, ones that are culturally significant would get my vote...Mulan would be perfect...she is not a princess with magical powers...nor is she a natural candidate for Fantasyland...She would fit well within the fabric of World Showcase.

disneygeek90

There is room to have an attraction in China as well, move a driveway and some trailers and there is room for a modest show building...Look at how small the footprint is of the original Fantasyland Dark rides... And if we are to have IPs in EPCOT, ones that are culturally significant would get my vote...Mulan would be perfect...she is not a princess with magical powers...nor is she a natural candidate for Fantasyland...She would fit well within the fabric of World Showcase.
Mulan would be a fantastic IP for Epcot. Especially with the live action movie incoming in the next few years.

clemmo

Any chance this gets announced at D23? I'd think they'd want to announce this and GMR at least since uni is probably going to announce Nintendo coming to Florida.

jt04

I just hope this climate of "catch up" wont end with another 10+ years of no updates, no replacements and hardly any fixes after the big build spree of 2013 to 2025.

I think they have learned from the past and expect something new at the level of at least a D ticket from now on annually. However, large expenditures (5th gate, new resort, megalands) will still be cyclical.

RSoxNo1

Any chance this gets announced at D23? I'd think they'd want to announce this and GMR at least since uni is probably going to announce Nintendo coming to Florida.
I suspect D23 will feature a significant review of Star Wars Land, a minor review of Toy Story Land, the DCA Marvel announcements, and probably at least one of the two rumored trackless rides announced for WDW (Mickey or Ratatouille).

rd805

I suspect D23 will feature a significant review of Star Wars Land, a minor review of Toy Story Land, the DCA Marvel announcements, and probably at least one of the two rumored trackless rides announced for WDW (Mickey or Ratatouille).

This would be a VERY welcome D23.

Kman101

Why not Rat? Putting aside the "characters/IPs don't belong" it somewhat fits France. It's something they can "copy and paste" so to speak. They also use Remy as the Food and Wine mascot. I personally really liked Ratatouille. The ride reviews are mixed but it seems to be greenlight and I don't think that's changed (@marni1971 @MansionButler84 ). I do have to LOL at their way of "fast tracking" something ...

I'd like them to actually get started on something instead of hemming and hawing.

clemmo

Why not Rat? Putting aside the "characters/IPs don't belong" it somewhat fits France. It's something they can "copy and paste" so to speak. They also use Remy as the Food and Wine mascot. I personally really liked Ratatouille. The ride reviews are mixed but it seems to be greenlight and I don't think that's changed (@marni1971 @MansionButler84 ). I do have to LOL at their way of "fast tracking" something ...

I'd like them to actually get started on something instead of hemming and hawing.
Imo Ratatouille is the most underrated Pixar movie out there I agree it's nice to see it used. Wish we could've had it open already though since the movie has been out for so long. Still at least they made a decision and hopefully they stick with it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom