Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

lazyboy97o

My argument is that by introducing some rides into the area it will satisfy those guests (which form a big chunk of the people who are passing through the gates each day let's be honest), without necessarily ruining the area for the rest of us.
This strategy has been tried in various media and it never works out. Changing the core of something for an uninterested audience just leads to a larger uninterested audience.

aladdin2007

Still on track I believe. Whatever it'll end up being.

Is it because they cant make up their mind or there is just so many proposals and people working on them that the red tape piles up so to speak with so many hoops to go through to get a green light on a single project? Or does it just simply come down to what is the most inexpensive?........as for Canada I would be happy if they would just do something with the dead zones, wasted closed shop space etc. Other than that Im a little surprised to read Canada of all places getting attention when other things kind of need it first.

Magenta Panther

WS is my favourite area. Nothing that you've mentioned above is something I'd disagree with. However, my point is that I'm not sure the existing WS experience would be spoilt by the introduction of some IP-inspired attractions. Even if it meant the removal of a pavilion's film, which isn't ideal, obviously.

As for a "new generation of park goer", I use that term negatively to describe those who don't explore WS to its full potential as they're only interested in hitting the big rides and staring at their phones, those with the mindset you've described above:banghead:. My argument is that by introducing some rides into the area it will satisfy those guests (which form a big chunk of the people who are passing through the gates each day let's be honest), without necessarily ruining the area for the rest of us.

I can't STAND people who walk through the parks with their eyes focused on their freaking phones! There they are in a very expensive theme park with wonders all around and yet their eyes are glued to a tiny screen that they already look at a million times a day when at home. I will never understand that mentality. When I'm at the parks, the phone stays in my room. I'm there in part to get away from the darned thing!

co10064

Premium Member
I can't STAND people who walk through the parks with their eyes focused on their freaking phones! There they are in a very expensive theme park with wonders all around and yet their eyes are glued to a tiny screen that they already look at a million times a day when at home. I will never understand that mentality. When I'm at the parks, the phone stays in my room. I'm there in part to get away from the darned thing!
I have the same mentality as you, but My Disney experience/MM+ causes guests to be extremely reliant on using their phones in the parks... this is Disney's fault for creating a system so dependent on smart phones

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I have the same mentality as you, but My Disney experience/MM+ causes guests to be extremely reliant on using their phones in the parks... this is Disney's fault for creating a system so dependent on smart phones
It doesn't require constant staring at the phone like we see so many do. Move off to the side, take a look at what's next, and put the phone away. It amazes me that people have the phones stuffed in their face at some of the most amazing queues around, and miss everything.

Princess Leia

Thankfully what I was concerned about is now looking less likely.

Aside from that there's nothing I know of currently (which isn't everything by a long shot)
Does this include Canada not getting more food options? I had the best foodie weekend in Montreal last summer, and after looking at menus for the Canadian pavilion, I really feel like Disney isn't providing the best of what Canada has to offer. :(

BraveGirl

Please define the term, "new generation of park goer".

It has not attracted interest to that area of the park. WS is not a "must visit". The very specific area where "The Frozen Ride" is located is a "must visit", nothing more.

World Showcase has never had any problems providing entertainment for young and old alike. The problem more lies within the mindset of how a person views the experience. Many people equate their experience in terms of how many attractions they squeeze into one day for the amount of money they paid. Yet look at a majority of Disney commercials and how they sell the "making memories" aspect of a trip. Some friends of ours just returned form a spring break trip to WDW. They have 2 young children who both attend private school. They did not even ride FEA. However, they did tell me about the wonderful experience they had learning with their children as they visited the pavilions in WS. Even the childrens eyes got big as they told me about the "big building in Japan", the chocolate in Germany and the street performers.

Whenever someone says, "World Showcase is boring for my kids", I want to ask them if they even made an effort as parents to participate in the myriad of fun activities you can experience with your children througout each and every pavilion? You know, the old "making memories" aspect of the trip. Or is it all about posting that picture on Face Book of entering the FEA queue so your friends can see , "how great of a parent you are" and "how much fun your having"? The parents who want to enjoy time with their children are the ones actually at the Kid Cot stations with their kids while they color and get stamps,... not standing 20 feet away scrolling through their phone as their child looks up to show them what they have created , but mom or dad arent there to share the moment.

This is all SO TRUE. WS has always been my most favorite part of WDW, and I just had my best WS experience ever, and it was with my young children (3 and 6). We dedicated an entire afternoon and evening to strolling through WS with no FP or other obligations to get to. My kids did the kidcot stops and it was the first time we made it a point to get to every single country. They loved all the cool things the cast members wrote and drew on their kidcot picture, and we loved that it made us actually walk THROUGH each country and not just PAST it. I will be admit that I haven't actually gone into many of the countries in many years, having seen all the movies and then having little kids who would not be interested in them. But since they strategically place the kidcot stops within the countries (mostly to get you into a shop but still...), we really saw them all for the first time in a while. We got country-specific snacks and drinks along the way, bought fun souvenirs from several countries and just really enjoyed ourselves. I've been to WDW over 25 times in my life, and this WS experience was definitely the most memorable.

Haymarket2008

Oh I hope Canada's film doesn't get the axe. Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey) is one of Epcot's best. If they must force IP in, just make Rutt & Tuke serve as narrators and don't touch the rest. Also the Maple Leaf Mine is a gorgeous little hidden treasure.

MCast

Somewhat off topic, but I really want justice for Mulan in Epcot. I know, I know - people don't want IPs in Epcot, but to be fair, Mulan is a legendary Chinese ballad (poem) deeply rooted in the country's history.

I think there's a way to appropriately marry Disney's Mulan with Chinese history. It's about striking a balance. So to those Epcot Imagineers, I say let's get down to business...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom