Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

BEARSHOUSE4

Indeed. But if Canada is to get its raft ride, the space occupied by the theater might be quite helpful. And I want the theater space in China for for a full on acrobat production that doesn't need to be canceled in rain. Epcot has a lot of entertainment, but no true indoor theater production. So I'd put one there. a 35-40 minute show, 5 or 6 times a day. With seats.
Maybe this indoor theatre will be the UK addition? @marni1971

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
With so many things slated to open in 2020 or 2021 so they market them for the 50th do they not care about the crunch of Star Wars and the growing need of things to do in the parks?
Makes you wonder. The focus is more on WDWs 50th and Epcot 40th. Not that there aren't other projects circa 2018-20. There is a definite climate of playing catch up.

Kman101

Makes you wonder. The focus is more on WDWs 50th and Epcot 40th. Not that there aren't other projects circa 2018-20. There is a definite climate of playing catch up.

I hope there's more in the pipeline than you and others have shared, sounds like there are. And they have so much catching up to do. Hope they regret being dormant for so long. I hope the anniversaries are celebrated properly.

clemmo

Nice to know they'll acknowledge the 40th. Maybe that's when GOTG will open up along with (fingers crossed) a new country pavilion.

Macca250

Please define the term, "new generation of park goer".

It has not attracted interest to that area of the park. WS is not a "must visit". The very specific area where "The Frozen Ride" is located is a "must visit", nothing more.

World Showcase has never had any problems providing entertainment for young and old alike. The problem more lies within the mindset of how a person views the experience. Many people equate their experience in terms of how many attractions they squeeze into one day for the amount of money they paid. Yet look at a majority of Disney commercials and how they sell the "making memories" aspect of a trip. Some friends of ours just returned form a spring break trip to WDW. They have 2 young children who both attend private school. They did not even ride FEA. However, they did tell me about the wonderful experience they had learning with their children as they visited the pavilions in WS. Even the childrens eyes got big as they told me about the "big building in Japan", the chocolate in Germany and the street performers.

Whenever someone says, "World Showcase is boring for my kids", I want to ask them if they even made an effort as parents to participate in the myriad of fun activities you can experience with your children througout each and every pavilion? You know, the old "making memories" aspect of the trip. Or is it all about posting that picture on Face Book of entering the FEA queue so your friends can see , "how great of a parent you are" and "how much fun your having"? The parents who want to enjoy time with their children are the ones actually at the Kid Cot stations with their kids while they color and get stamps,... not standing 20 feet away scrolling through their phone as their child looks up to show them what they have created , but mom or dad arent there to share the moment.

WS is my favourite area. Nothing that you've mentioned above is something I'd disagree with. However, my point is that I'm not sure the existing WS experience would be spoilt by the introduction of some IP-inspired attractions. Even if it meant the removal of a pavilion's film, which isn't ideal, obviously.

As for a "new generation of park goer", I use that term negatively to describe those who don't explore WS to its full potential as they're only interested in hitting the big rides and staring at their phones, those with the mindset you've described above:banghead:. My argument is that by introducing some rides into the area it will satisfy those guests (which form a big chunk of the people who are passing through the gates each day let's be honest), without necessarily ruining the area for the rest of us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom