Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

Having major problems trying to post today but the site doesn't want to post what I've written.

But I'd rather see that plot of land used for a Morocco attraction (Aladdin?) and tie it to the backstage door near Marakesh.
@marni1971 Does Disney still work with the government of Morocco for the pavilion's upkeep?

Animaniac93-98

Edit: according to Wikipedia Rat ride cost $270M to build. It's Wikipedia so it must be true;). If it is then I guess the ride isn't much cheaper to build after all.

The whole Ratatouille area (ride, restaurant, shop, restrooms) at WDSP cost 150 million Euro. If they were to clone just the ride, and have a simpler exterior, it would cost much less than $270 million to build.

The Aristocats: The Ride!

Out of all Disney animated films, The Aristocats is actually the most appropriate, becuase not only does it take place in Paris, but in the same time period the Epcot pavilion is set in (early 1900s). Not that it has any chance of being considered, or that any [more] animated movie ride is really needed in this park.

MagicHappens1971

The BATB ride would be much better suited for MK, plus hypothetically they could use the space behind small world for the show building and make the space by the bathrooms by Gastons the entrance. That's hypothetical and I don't see it happening because using the space behind IASW would require moving certain buildings and paving over the little retention pond (depending on how much space they need/how much there is to use.

njDizFan

I would definitely vote for BatB. And continuing the theme every pavilion can have their own Disney princess

Norway-Frozen(done)
China-Mulan
Germany-Snow White/Rapunzel
Italy-Aurora(she could be from Northern Italy close to the Alps)
USA-Tiana
Japan-Hmmm better hurry up with an IP for this one
Morocco-Jasmine(close enough)
France-Belle
UK-Merida
Canada-Pocahontas
Mexico-Is to late to change Coco to a girl with lost royal heritage? Elena in a pinch
Now this would be truly magical
;)

TWSITT

I would definitely vote for BatB. And continuing the theme every pavilion can have their own Disney princess

Norway-Frozen(done)
China-Mulan
USA-Tiana
France-Belle
UK-Merida
Canada-Pocahontas
Mexico-Is to late to change Coco to a girl with lost royal heritage? Elena in a pinch
;)
I know you are kidding but why Pocahontas in Canada lol... that's almost as off as Jasmine in Morocco.

Princess Leia

Norway-Frozen(done)
China-Mulan
USA-Tiana
France-Belle
UK-Merida
Canada-Pocahontas
;)
:rolleyes:
In all seriousness though, I get why Pocahontas is at Animal Kingdom, but it would be really, really nice to have more Native American culture and history at the American pavilion.

P_Radden

Norway-Frozen(done)
China-Mulan
USA-Tiana
France-Belle
UK-Merida
Canada-Pocahontas
;)
27f6cb84a1b6bfbe17c47ce146d7e127ae307a1fbe327e5a847085782c0d0e1f.jpg

1 princess in WS is already 1 too many

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Frozen. Ever. After.

I agree with you but they're going to do what they want. I'm just asking for what I see as the better ride option.
Playing devil's advocate a little here, but how do we know BatB is going to be a better ride than Rat? So far I've only seen one piece of concept art for BatB along with a description and we do know it will be longer (8 mins vs 5 mins).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The whole Ratatouille area (ride, restaurant, shop, restrooms) at WDSP cost 150 million Euro. If they were to clone just the ride, and have a simpler exterior, it would cost much less than $270 million to build.
With conversion rates the way they were back when Rat was built that's about $200M add in inflation and it gets pretty close but I guess a lot of the r&d costs would be saved and they wouldn't need the restaurant. Does the $270M for BatB include the entire land (castle, village, restaurant, ride, etc) or is that just the ride?

raven

There are also 2 other BatB attractions already on property. But knowing TDO they will go for a clone of something already in another park because it's "cheaper." :banghead:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sorry to ask so many questions but my knowledge of the international parks is pretty limited. Does anyone know the ride capacity of rat? I would assume since Rat and BatB have similar ride systems the capacity would be similar. With FP+ and the crowds at WDW high capacity is necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom