Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

Fixed that for you.

This gives you all you need to know.
http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20160427_01e.pdf
It'll be an 8 minute ride apparently. Another reason why I want it over Rat.

*sigh*

I blame the princess merch line for making the movies seem anti-boy. All of them can be incredibly enjoyable no matter what gender you are. Rides could be no different. I'm not afraid to say that I absolutely love The Little Mermaid and Tangled.
I once babysat for a little boy who loved Beauty and the Beast. Absolutely loved that movie. He even had a BatB birthday party. That being said, I still want a BatB ride to go into MK, and Rat to come to Epcot.

Princess Leia

It would've been the ideal situation. The B&tB ride as part of NFL and Rat in Pixar Place.

The situation as it exists is less than ideal and has both us and WDI picking and choosing which to put in the France Pavilion. The actual plans they went with leave a lot to be desired.
Pixar Place could have been great. Toy Story, Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Cars, Ratatouille, Bugs Life... What are we getting though? All Toy Story.

raven

France is probably the 2nd busiest pavilion at Epcot currently (Norway is busier I believe). But France has very narrow walkways in the rear of the pavilion making it seem very crowded at times. If they were to place such an attraction here they would have to do some major planning on space behind the pavilion as there isn't much there already. The newer kitchen facilities for the 4 food services locations in France also has to make space for deliveries and maintenance vehicles. So that makes me think that if they were to do any attraction if would be some type of VR attraction rather than moving through a building on a path. Ratatouille was a lower grossing movie, merchandise wise, in the US. I would hope they would maybe do Beauty and the Beast since it's already proven it's staying power.

rle4lunch

An Incredibles ride/attraction would/could be, well, incredible. With the sequel coming out in a couple years, maybe we'll get something. So much potential with that movie to make an exciting BOYS ride. Yeah, I said it, a BOYS ride. Not that all ages and genders wouldn't love it too, but Disney has been focusing on the female empowerment schlock for a bit too long. Time to even out the playing field again.

Princess Leia

France is probably the 2nd busiest pavilion at Epcot currently (Norway is busier I believe). But France has very narrow walkways in the rear of the pavilion making it seem very crowded at times. If they were to place such an attraction here they would have to do some major planning on space behind the pavilion as there isn't much there already. The newer kitchen facilities for the 4 food services locations in France also has to make space for deliveries and maintenance vehicles. So that makes me think that if they were to do any attraction if would be some type of VR attraction rather than moving through a building on a path. Ratatouille was a lower grossing movie, merchandise wise, in the US. I would hope they would maybe do Beauty and the Beast since it's already proven it's staying power.
Ok, there are parts I disagree with, but I do agree with you about France being busy. For the casual snacker (or foodie), France has amazing food. Les Halles is one of my favorite places to go when I'm there. I'll wait in a long line, just to get a pastry.

Princess Leia

The ride would go on the expansion pad between France and Morocco, so guests would most likely access it from the main walkway (like the M&G in Norway) rather than through the crowded parts of the existing France.
Plus, Martin said that it wouldn't take up the entire expansion pad, so I guess that if they ever chose to add anything else to Morocco, they'd have the space available.

lazyboy97o

You don't think that kids would want to ride Ratatouille?
Anecdotal evidence time, but at the time of its release Disney Store had heaps of unsold Ratatouille that was continually discounted and never moved. Actions figures for less than $1.00 that would not sell. Ratatouille seems to have grown more in connection with foodieism and of course the Food and Wine Festival.

A few years ago in an interview Iger laid out the franchise mandate for the parks (while people like to focus on IP the actual focus is franchises which has a narrower definition). What is now interesting about that interview is that he used Ratatouille as an example of a film that did well in the US but that is not really franchise material, therefore it would be very unlikely to ever see an attraction at the US parks.

raven

The ride would go on the expansion pad between France and Morocco, so guests would most likely access it from the main walkway (like the M&G in Norway) rather than through the crowded parts of the existing France.
So separate from France then? Because there is a major maintenance/delivery access between those two areas. Also that area in the back between those two pavilions has always held the many festival booths when they are not in use.

wdwfan22

I think it's safe to say if they build an attraction for France it will be Beauty & The Beast over Ratatouille. Ratatouille doesn't have the popularity needed to sell merchandise. The Ratatouille line that is currently in France has already popped up at the Character Warehouse and some pieces have been discounted in the parks. They will move more merchandise by using Beauty & the Beast, and I believe draw more people into the showcase.

raven

Anecdotal evidence time, but at the time of its release Disney Store had heaps of unsold Ratatouille that was continually discounted and never moved. Actions figures for less than $1.00 that would not sell. [/QUOTE]
I can second that. I worked for TDS during that time and loads of that merchandise left over. They even tried to give CMs some for Christmas but no one really wanted it.

If that plot of land will be used for an attraction I'd rather see it used for an Aladdin attraction and tie it into the back/side of Morocco where there could easily link the two from a backstage door near Marakesh.

raven

Having major problems trying to post today but the site doesn't want to post what I've written.

But I'd rather see that plot of land used for a Morocco attraction (Aladdin?) and tie it to the backstage door near Marakesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom