Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

doctornick

Original Poster
There was a clamoring for a new thread, so I figured I'd start it. In the GMR thread, there has been a lot of recent talk about a possible new ride for the France pavilion in Epcot. Some highlights...

Because it's looking like the BatB ride in Epcot is loosing to Rat.

It's potentially a ready for the 50th project. Should it happen.

Regarding B&TB vs R for the France spot, from what I know/ believe (a matter of preference) the B&TB ride is much, much better, however, the R ride is a much, much, better fit. It does (as Martin has said) seem that Rat is winning, however, as suggested, if the movie does very well, I wouldn't count out B&TB just yet.

Too add a bit more, it seems that B&TB is the pricier option, and would be fully reworked from a queue perspective, making it the less desirable option by WDI. Rat would be near seamless, and cheaper, however, anyone who has seen the ride knows it relies a bit too much (IMO) on "screenz". That is also, less desirable to WDI. At one point, a hardly similar rat ride was cooked (;-)) up as the preffered option, but alas, it seems this is just turning into another mediocre episode of "The Clone Wars". If this happens, it could be fasttracked for 2020-2021, but that is looking less likely.

roj2323

That's roughly 4 years away but It wouldn't surprise me if it happened. That area of the park has needed something for a while now. I would have thought however that the UK pavilion would have gotten an attraction instead of France however. As with all things disney time will tell.

Sped2424

Are either of the 2 rides significantly larger in size/length or more technically complex?
Batb one is larger and more complex and expensive than Rat so for now rat is a far more viable option. Rat also fits in the world showcase far more than Batb does. But what Batb has going for it is the film is about to prove once again how much money it makes and how much the property is revered vs Rat not having any that plus none of the same merch potential.

Sped2424

Either would be welcomed but I would rather see the love spread out. Why build another ride focused on B&tB when we could get a new ride focused on Ratatouille? Besides B&tB has a dedicated area in MK- if anything, the ride should have gone there.
Yes in a smarter executive line up both of these project would be happening :/ one at mk the other at epcot.

flyerjab

Batb one is larger and more complex and expensive than Rat so for now rat is a far more viable option. Rat also fits in the world showcase far more than Batb does. But what Batb has going for it is the film is about to prove once again how much money it makes and how much the property is revered vs Rat not having any that plus none of the same merch potential.

If people take a liking to this movie similar to what we saw with Frozen, I have no doubt that it would be seriously considered for the France Pavilion. I just think that this title is particular beloved, and add to it Emma Watson, it could be huge in terms of potential box office.

Sped2424

If people take a liking to this movie similar to what we saw with Frozen, I have no doubt that it would be seriously considered for the France Pavilion. I just think that this title is particular beloved, and add to it Emma Watson, it could be huge in terms of potential box office.
The trailer broke all kinds of records the only forecast for this is huge money.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is there good info out there for the BatB Tokyo ride? Can someone post links? All I know of it is what I've read here about it being trackless and I've seen the one piece of concept art where it looks like you are riding in a tea cup around a table. It seems like a number of people know a lot more than that about the ride.

PiratesoftheHM

BATB deserves a ride in WDW and DLR (I think it's almost more likely for DL), but the fact that it is being considered for Epcot of all places when it has an area in MK that occupies more space than any other IP in MK is ridiculous. Just shows how clueless that FLE really was about what the park needed/what makes sense to do.

I feel like it will end up being Rat for multiple reasons.
1) Cheaper by far
2) Fits the theme of the pavilion more by far
3) A "boy" IP for WS when the only other current IP is Frozen
4) CHEAPER

I am Timmy

I think this movie will be number one movie of next year- hands down!

That said, I feel like a lot of the iconic scenes from the movie have already been represented by Gaston's Tavern, Be our guest restaurant, Belle's cottage, and Philharmagic!
I love BATB, and the section in MK is well done. I just wish there was a ride for it, in MK. I love the stage show in HS, too, but adding a ride in Epcot seems to be spreading it around a bit too much.

Princess Leia

France has been one of the few pavilions that has been consistently open for breakfast (which, until Frozen came to Norway, made it the only thing open in the WS that early). It makes sense that a ride would go here considering the other two in the WS are open early now too.

As for the IP, it should be Ratatouille. I mentioned this in the other thread (and sorry if this sounds sexist or gendered), but if BatB is picked, 2/3 WS rides are centered on princesses. I'm a girl (woman? I'm 25 and calling myself a woman sounds weird) who loves both properties- Belle was my favorite princess growing up- but as someone who loves French culture, Rat is the better fit of the two.

TWSITT

France has been one of the few pavilions that has been consistently open for breakfast (which, until Frozen came to Norway, made it the only thing open in the WS that early). It makes sense that a ride would go here considering the other two in the WS are open early now too.

As for the IP, it should be Ratatouille. I mentioned this in the other thread (and sorry if this sounds sexist or gendered), but if BatB is picked, 2/3 WS rides are centered on princesses. I'm a girl (woman? I'm 25 and calling myself a woman sounds weird) who loves both properties- Belle was my favorite princess growing up- but as someone who loves French culture, Rat is the better fit of the two.
I agree and if they add another Princess ride before anything else WS really will look like MKs satellite location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom