Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

jaxonp

Would you rather talk about the current crapfest that exists?

No, I'd rather people stop complaining all the time. The context of this post, at the time, was in response to all of the negativity. I was just trying to keep the conversation moving forward rather than continuing to live in the past. After all this thread is about a new attraction, not the glory days. I think my original post was fair.

gmajew

Premium Member
And hopefully it'll get a new build attraction it deserves in DHS or MK.

It would be great if they can make this addition and make it happen fast. Not sure where it would go in either park but I for once wish they were ahead of the game with something and we get a surprise that stuff is actually already moving forward.

jaxonp

What even is DHS these days? It just feels like MK 2.0. Sure, there's good rides now and potentially more with SWL and TSL, but what's the unifying thread with everything going on there?

It's like a conglomerate of different films + a hint of old-school Hollywood.

Hopefully the concept for DHS 2.0 will be defined by the new name of the park. Maybe that will be something that's discussed at D23.

Kman101

I wouldn't want Frozen in DHS either. MK was the ideal place. No reason they still couldn't have, FLE or not. They wanted a quick fix, but still ended up taking a while, and then building a meet and greet building plus new women's restrooms. LOL

Cmdr_Crimson

Hopefully the concept for DHS 2.0 will be defined by the new name of the park. Maybe that will be something that's discussed at D23.

Still have a feeling it's just replacing the word "Studios" To "Adventure".....There was a small sign that says "Adventure is Near" kind of clued that idea over in Muppet Plaza's construction wall a while back...Look to the far Right for the sign...
Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_27417.jpg

Recent pictures of the wall show that sign has Been Removed it now has "We Have Big Plans"....Take it for what it's worth...But I'm still thinking it will be renamed as Disney's Hollywood Adventure...
IMG_5550.jpg

jt04

Well there you go.

MK would be the ideal park, like Frozen, but they messed up that chance with the FLE.

Yep. Someone once hinted on these boards that there could be an isolated mini-land added north of the MK as a new train stop with artificial snow. Just wondering is this was Frozen.

In any case, I support Frozen in WS as such adds are necessary to keep the crowds reasonable in the MK. And it is "thematically correct" enough for most. The only way BATB could fit in DHS is if they created a land dedicated to WDAS. I guess that is possible.

Sorry for the essay.

huwar18

Is a BatB attraction still being thrown around or is this all wishful thinking? I know it was suppose to be one of the possible ideas for France. It is hard to believe Disney is considering all of these new attractions for their parks. I feel like the new construction goes in waves.

jaxonp

How about a BatB and frozen attraction where IASM is and then IASM gets a new build with a proper exterior over by the Speedway along side something else for Tomorrowland. This also allows them to widen the walking path between Peter Pan and IASM , while still being able to make a Beast attraction fit in with the restaurant and the meet and greet. Thoughts?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can't even begin to understand how it could go into DHS and ever create a cohesive park other than just calling it MK The Sequel.

Would a MK.2 be that bad a thing? The "studio" aspect of DHS is dead, and so, then, what could be its theme except "ride the movies"? Which would make it, in effect, MK.2.

When people talk of the shortcomings of MK.1, it's always the crowds and congestion. They keep saying MK.1 should expand, but, that's not really a good idea since the current infrastructure would have to expand (transportation, gates, path widths, bathrooms, viewing area for parades and fireworks), and that's untenable (without huge financial outlays). And so, what can draw people out of MK.1? Well, a MK.2. There's your MK expansion.

The distinction between the two would be the "lands" they incorporate. BatB BoG:The Ride would work in a "Animation Land" in DHS. It would work better in MK with all the other BatB stuff as a mini-land, though. (They can push past the Enchanted restrooms into the lot behind BoG and move a road to make that happen.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom