Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
So some TA have sent out letters to their clients (that are going in July & Aug) that they will be moved to DVC resorts. I do know Bob Chapek said not all resorts will be open and ghosts will be moved.

What do you think or have heard?

Pangyal

I think that ghosts would not take up enough available space to make a difference in DVC availability.
(I apologize, I couldn’t resist)

That being said, there is rapidly dwindling availability at all DVC resorts now that the opening dates have been announced, so unless they’ve already blocked off the rooms, which I *believe* is two percent of the capacity that Disney would get on the cash side, I can’t see how this would be implemented. I’m not saying they are not discussing the possibility, but they can’t block booking from members and DVC is supposed to operate on full capacity at all times.

nickys

Premium Member
Unused DVC inventory for members can be used by Disney for cash bookings, in addition to the 2-3% of capacity they hold in DVC resorts. And of course Disney hold a lot of points at OKW and SSR because of their size. So it’s certainly possible some people could be moved there.

However, as @Pangyal said, DVC bookings are back up now that opening dates have been announced.

I do wonder though what the TA letters actually said? They may have meant resorts which have a DVC component, which would make sense since those are likely to be amongst the resorts that open.

Did you receive the letter? It would be interesting to see what they actually said.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
This is what they posted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-193315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-193315_Chrome.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 488

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
My understanding is NBA is looking at Coronado springs.
They were booked at all star movies and pop century.
Maybe the players but you have a lot of media and support staff going as well.

Very curious moving from a value to a deluxe equivalent.

Mainahman

We've been wondering that. We're due to arrive August 9th. We had booked a suite at all star music, as with 2 teenagers, a weeks worth of bottled water and snacks etc we wanted space. Will be interesting if they intend to move us, what they feel is the best spot for us.

nickys

Premium Member
So this rumour is beginning to look a possibility.

Since we’re within 60 days, Disney can use unbooked rooms to move people into. It does raise some interesting questions, like who gets priority for a move? Those booked directly? those with certain preferred TAs?

And how are they taking them, as in the process? Because members can still continue to book. So Disney haven’t actually done a blanket grab of all rooms.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
So this rumour is beginning to look a possibility.

Since we’re within 60 days, Disney can use unbooked rooms to move people into. It does raise some interesting questions, like who gets priority for a move? Those booked directly? those with certain preferred TAs?

And how are they taking them, as in the process? Because members can still continue to book. So Disney haven’t actually done a blanket grab of all rooms.
I'm wondering to tho since most of the DVC resorts have "hotels" attached to them, example Animal Kingdom they can put ppl in those rooms as well.
Since they have to open DVC resorts it stands to reason the hotel side will open and that's where they will place non dvc guests maybe?
It seems far fetched but these are unpredictable times right now..

nickys

Premium Member
I'm wondering to tho since most of the DVC resorts have "hotels" attached to them, example Animal Kingdom they can put ppl in those rooms as well.
Since they have to open DVC resorts it stands to reason the hotel side will open and that's where they will place non dvc guests maybe?
It seems far fetched but these are unpredictable times right now..
AKL is slightly different. Jambo doesn’t seem to be available to book, so one thought is they may be moving people over to Kidani so they don’t need to open Jambo at the same time. There are very few DVC rooms at Jambo anyway, and even fewer since Club Level isn’t opening.

donsullivan

Premium Member
My understanding is NBA is looking at Coronado springs.
They were booked at all star movies and pop century.
That is the plan I've heard about as well. It gives them the new tower as well as the convention space for media centers and other meetings that are needed as a home base.

Whatever resorts (likely multiple) end up being the choices they'll be 100% allocated to the NBA events and those associated with it. General WDW guests will not be able to access the resort at any time for any reason while the events are going on. Part of the plan is to create a bubble of safety and privacy around the players and not allow anyone else within that bubble.

That means those resorts will be completely removed from WDW inventory for the duration of the events. If you have a reservation in one of those, you'll be moved to a different resort even if you are DVC.

Club Cooloholic

AKL is slightly different. Jambo doesn’t seem to be available to book, so one thought is they may be moving people over to Kidani so they don’t need to open Jambo at the same time. There are very few DVC rooms at Jambo anyway, and even fewer since Club Level isn’t opening.
I would guess club level will just be listed as normal DVC rooms.

Pangyal

As far as I have been advised as of today, club level has not been suspended or cancelled and they are working on offering the club level amenities in a way that meshes with current CDC guidelines. This was via guest services and Disney Signature Services at two different points of the day (I had separate questions for both). I am obviously just passing on what they told me, but both did confirm that they were working out the details.

Hcalvert

W d w news today, all ears, Mickey blog and more seems nuts to me tho
I get it. I know it is rumor and speculation at this point. I just think it is funny that I was booked at Coronado Springs from July 8-15 and then decided to book a DVC at Kidani July 10-15 instead. I also have a room booked for Poly July 15-24. So as this resort speculation continues, the NBA may be rumored to be at Poly next since it seems the NBA rumors are following me around WDW resorts. :p You read it here first. lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It boggles mind that anyone would want to stay at kidani alone.

I like it...but without the services of DAKL it’s just not anywhere close to what it is: which is maybe the best overall hotel.

Nba at DAKL? Now that does make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom