Portions of Kidzone closing January 16, 2023

Cmdr_Crimson

Call me when they take ET out. I love the ride but it’s so long in the tooth that ET could walk on his incisors.
You have to talk to him first before that happens....And he won't budge..
Spielberg.png

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Last I looked, they also didn't appear to be demolishing the Barney theater or even the Curious George structure. I think we're getting the rather cheap retheme that was rumored.
A shame really. I imagine Pokemon will end up replacing Fear Factor instead.

Andrew25

There's more than enough room at USF for Pokemon. Springfield isn't gonna last very long, the ride itself is barely maintaining itself. There is a massive expansion pad just behind the Simpsons Ride that is begging for a land about the size of Diagon Alley.

SplashJacket

There's more than enough room at USF for Pokemon. Springfield isn't gonna last very long, the ride itself is barely maintaining itself. There is a massive expansion pad just behind the Simpsons Ride that is begging for a land about the size of Diagon Alley.
Think they were referring to Pokemon in kidszone

SplashJacket

"Simpsons is barely holding up" - Can you elaborate as a first time visitor for this august what you mean
Yeah, personally, I’ve never been a fan of the Simpsons at Universal, which is a sentiment shared by many frequent visitors, but I’ve found there’s a disconnect between the general public and die-hards.

Went with some friends to Simpsons in Hollywood and they loved it, ride including, and I’ll admit, the ride was better than I remembered.

So he’s probably saying he doesn’t like it, it’s dated, or it’s poor quality.

Andrew25

Not sure exactly what he means but the Simpsons theme park rights are up for renewal in 2028 and the general consensus is Universal will not keep another Disney-owned property in their parks.

I'm sure Universal will push to try to keep the rights for Simpsons merchandise/food & beverage since that land makes a killing for them. Of course, it depends if a new licensing agreement happens and Disney isn't too stingy on the fees.

The ride is done for in a few years, but Fast Food Boulevard and the other eateries has probably paid for all the hotel expansions Universal has made in the past few years alone lol

MagicHappens1971

I'm sure Universal will push to try to keep the rights for Simpsons merchandise/food & beverage since that land makes a killing for them. Of course, it depends if a new licensing agreement happens and Disney isn't too stingy on the fees.

The ride is done for in a few years, but Fast Food Boulevard and the other eateries has probably paid for all the hotel expansions Universal has made in the past few years alone lol
I'm sure Universal will push for it, but I don't think Disney will let them retain the rights.

DonniePeverley

"Simpsons is barely holding up" - Can you elaborate as a first time visitor for this august what you mean

The IP isn't really relevant these days as much as it was some 10-20 years ago. Furthermore the attraction itself is massively out of date. Suppose it does a job though, and there are other areas that need improving before this.

mary2013

Love the food section of the simpsons area, the ride can gtfo. I’ve never been more sick in my life after riding that.
May I ask if you'd ever ridden Back to the Future? I feel like the Simpsons ride is much less intense. I did not enjoy BTTF, but do enjoy Simpsons.

BaconPancakes

The IP isn't really relevant these days as much as it was some 10-20 years ago. Furthermore the attraction itself is massively out of date. Suppose it does a job though, and there are other areas that need improving before this.
Gen X and millennials definitely still love the simpsons, Gen z I have no idea. Going to guess no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom