Portions of Kidzone closing January 16, 2023

Andrew25

With their tiny, free lockers?!
I'd imagine a child running around in the water will have an adult with them not interested in getting wet.

If you have a child, good chance your bag isn't fitting inside a free locker... but not like the parent will need to use a locker anyway as they won't be interested in thrill rides. And if they do thrill rides... child swap doesn't require lockers.

Lockers are small, but if you are good at packing, you can fit a decent amount of stuff inside them. You are also not restricted to one locker, you can easily ask a TM for a locker ticket and be given an additional one without them asking for a ticket.

SplashJacket

It looks well-themed but I always wonder what parents do with their drenched children. There’s literally a dump bucket here, which you’d expect in a water park. Of course, Universal specializes it getting you as wet in their theme parks as they do in their water park.

Po is met via a screen instead of being a meetable character?
Is it like Turtle Talk?

Andrew25

Hopefully when this opens around the same time, Universal and Paramount(latter the owner of Nickelodeon) will find a way to have the nerves to announce that the still meetable characters of Dora, Boots, and Diego will be permanently phased out of Universal Studios Florida forever as they’re the last remaining element of the old KidZone era(as their shows ended in 2014, and I don’t care if a reboot is coming soon, UOR ain’t gonna care, they’ve moved on from Nickelodeon, and they were supposed to be gone when the Superstar Parade ended two years ago), as UOR ain’t going to kick Disney’s butt in Central Florida until they phase out the Dora characters for good(unless there’s some licensing agreement that would have them for a few more years, but regardless they better be gone when Epic Universe opens)
The new Kids Park in Frisco will have a SpongeBob land, I don't think Universal is done with Nickelodeon just yet.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I'd imagine a child running around in the water will have an adult with them not interested in getting wet.

If you have a child, good chance your bag isn't fitting inside a free locker... but not like the parent will need to use a locker anyway as they won't be interested in thrill rides. And if they do thrill rides... child swap doesn't require lockers.

Lockers are small, but if you are good at packing, you can fit a decent amount of stuff inside them. You are also not restricted to one locker, you can easily ask a TM for a locker ticket and be given an additional one without them asking for a ticket.
I think we travel in different ways, perhaps. I find the lockers to be the single most stressful part of a Uni vacation. Our kids are old enough to do all the thrill rides but would also like to get wet. Getting four lockers is not trivial given the Universal set up and I’m not paying $3 for a large one at every ride that doesn’t allow bags. So we largely just forgo the drenchers…

Andrew25

I think we travel in different ways, perhaps. I find the lockers to be the single most stressful part of a Uni vacation. Our kids are old enough to do all the thrill rides but would also like to get wet. Getting four lockers is not trivial given the Universal set up and I’m not paying $3 for a large one at every ride that doesn’t allow bags. So we largely just forgo the drenchers…
How large of a bag do you need to carry? You can easily stuff a bag with clothing into a locker along with any necessary items you need to carry.

Don't get me wrong, I hate having to deal with lockers too... but I can't imagine needing 4 lockers to store stuff. 2 at the extreme lol

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
How large of a bag do you need to carry? You can easily stuff a bag with clothing into a locker along with any necessary items you need to carry.

Don't get me wrong, I hate having to deal with lockers too... but I can't imagine needing 4 lockers to store stuff. 2 at the extreme lol
Water rides require a change of shoes and some sort of rain gear or a change of clothes for us. I know I can’t walk 10 miles in a day in flip flops without awful blisters. We also bring lunch because Universal food is some combination of inedible, overpriced, or in tiny portions.

One year, we came in August and just wore swim suits and returned to Hard Rock to swim after the IoA water rides since it’s easier than packing up all our belongings. But the last couple trips were winter so we just skipped Ripsaw Falls and Bilge Rat Barges. I actually really like both but they are just too drenching.

I have nightmares set in any of the Harry Potter lands’ locker corrals…

I feel like when I see kids in the circus splash pad at WDW, they are either barefooted (yuck) or just wearing sneakers. Sounds uncomfortable to me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Three dry play areas and two wet ones. Interesting.

Merry-go-round vehicles without it being a Merry-go-Round? Will the kids be gaslit into thinking it's a ride?

All-in-all, seems very nice.

But, it's missing one thing...

EricsBiscuit

If the ladies in your group wear a fan ny pack instead of a traditional purse or backpack they can wear them on the rides. That’s what my wife does and it makes Uni 10x easier.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

New Details Emerge About Universal Orlando's DreamWorks Land, Opening This Summer​

I really hope the sign is a placeholder, because holy crap does it look bad.
1709400585270.png

A fully sculpted sign with the Dreamworks characters would be so cool IMO.

DonniePeverley

At the risk of scouring the vast volume of pages, can someone give me a brief synopsis of what will be built here.

Are we getting major attractions here, or is it the expected cheap nonsense, lick of paint, and just throw some random IP on a carnival attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom