port orleans

walnutty01

personally, i think it just depends on what you like.

french quarter is much smaller in size...with less pools, recreation, etc.

riverside has almost double the rooms with more pools, recreation, etc.

they both are really nice and similarly sized rooms. the food has been really good at both. so, i think its personal preference.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

First off...In the future please only post a question once. You have a much better chance of getting answers that way.

Now to the quesiton...

I prefer French Quarter. Although Riverside is beautiful, I think that since you get the same ammenities at both resorts you do get a lot more convenience at French Quarter. The small size of the resort makes everything within it easy to get to. And you can also use everything Riverside has to offer even if you do stay at French Quarter.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

I like the French Quarter better. It is a much smaller resort but has great theming and will make you feel nostalgic for the real thing. I usually try to stay in a building that is close to the food court for convenience and quick refills of my Port Orleans Soda Mug.. Plus your not to far from the pool and transportation.
You can also go over to Riverside to eat or use their pool.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I prefer Riverside because I love plantation houses. It reminds me of Oak Alley, one of the prettiest ones down here (see..... OakAlleyplantation.com )

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

POFQ. It's more intimate and I like the decor better. It's gorgeous and incredibly romantic. The bus service is also better, you're the first to be picked up (therefore more likely to get a seat) and the first to be dropped off at the end of the night.

Upvote 0

mickeyman

Original Poster
sorry about the triple post. it wan't on purpose. You're very quick to jump on people about making a mistake.

For those who ignored the mistake and answered the question thank you.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Definately Riverside.

I love the theming and the fact that you have the food court and the sit down restaurant. Our favorite section is the Bayou section. I also love the fact that as you travel further back on the property the building get more decrepit and aged.

Pam

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Kingdom Konsultant said:
Definately Riverside.

I love the theming and the fact that you have the food court and the sit down restaurant. Our favorite section is the Bayou section. I also love the fact that as you travel further back on the property the building get more decrepit and aged.

Pam

I hope you mean "appear to" get more decrepit and aged. :lol:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

FRENCH QUARTER is AWESOME!

The whole layout of the place makes it very easy to get around, and the decor and landscaping are beautiful!

You are a lot closer to the shopping, food court, and bus station becasue of its compact size! Fewer rooms = smaller crowds too!

The cool part is if you want to experience Riverside, its just a short scenic walk or boat ride away!

:wave:

Upvote 0

MagicMemmers

Seeing as how we stayed in each for our last two visits, I can tell you that our preference is definitely Riverside. It's so beautiful and serene... we actually felt like it was a resort, not just a hotel. The thing about French Quarter is that yes, it's more compact and hence you're a little closer to everything, but we just didn't like the "feel" and the look of FQ - it seemed a little more, I dunno, "hotel-like" than RS. A small example: at RS, everyday when we came back from the park, housekeeping had done something clever with the towels/washcloths (making animals, etc.), and our kids really liked that little touch. FQ never did that. At all. It was a little disappointing.

Even though we had the best room possible at FQ (first room on the first floor of the first building to the left), we found ourselves missing the nice walks down by the Sassagoula and through the trees at Riverside, and we had really enjoyed that aspect of it. Also, our sensibilities preferred the color palette of RS over FQ, but that's just another personal preference. :)

One other thing to take into consideration is that FQ is the beginning of the bus line that goes through Port Orleans, so you have to sit through all the stops on the shuttle line before getting to the park. (MK on the weekend was the exception, which was very nice.) And our room was close enough to both one of the satellite pickup stations (at the end of the PO shuttle route) and the main building (the first dropoff station after FQ), so we really got the best of both worlds.

Oh, and the hot tub at FQ is ti-ny! :eek: :)

Ultimately, we found ourselves comparing FQ back to our wondeful experience at RS and found it lacking. But again, it really all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day. :wave:

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I can appreciate everyone having their favorites, but just had to add some comments to your post....

MagicMemmers said:
A small example: at RS, everyday when we came back from the park, housekeeping had done something clever with the towels/washcloths (making animals, etc.), and our kids really liked that little touch. FQ never did that. At all. It was a little disappointing.

Umm...the subject of Towel Animals from housekeeping has been discussed numerous times before, but it is clearly a "hit or miss" special touch that has nothing to do with the resort itself. You just happened to have housekeeper with that talent. Another floor or room and you may not have. The mystery of the towel animials lives on in all of us, and all I can say is...you'll be disappointed more often than not if you pick your resort based on towel animal legends! :lol:

MagicMemmers said:
Even though we had the best room possible at FQ (first room on the first floor of the first building to the left), we found ourselves missing the nice walks down by the Sassagoula and through the trees at Riverside, and we had really enjoyed that aspect of it.

All I can say here is...ask for a room by the water next time! :confused: Your room was not the "best room possible" if it was in a location that didn;t provide you with the environment you were expecting.

MagicMemmers said:
One other thing to take into consideration is that FQ is the beginning of the bus line that goes through Port Orleans, so you have to sit through all the stops on the shuttle line before getting to the park.

We saw this a a HUGE positive thing! At least we always had a seat! Many folks who got on the bus at Riverside after us had to stand every day. Sometimes the FQ busses were simply to full to stop at the RS stops and just breezed right to the parks!

At least you had a good time, which is the whole point, right?
Just wanted to add my two cents. Thanks!

:wave:

Upvote 0

tbell

I would have to definitely say FQ, I love that each time we stay there the CM's are the best, the food court is perfect for a quick breakfast, the rooms are close to walk to (when you are really tired in the evenings) and the best part is that the buses pick up at FQ first !!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom