Port Orleans Riverside?

Ringo8n24

You will love this resort. It is my favorite resort as it is for many others on these boards. I would rather stay at Riverside than some of the deluxe resorts out there. Great food court, newly refurbed rooms, great landscaping, comfortable sitting areas everywhere, live entertainment in the bar, horse drawn carriages, boat to DTD, etc. I could go on and on...trust me, you will love it!

Upvote 0

Nicole

I stayed there just a couple of weeks ago. It was fine, not my most favorite (CBR gets that) but very nice and I'd absolutely stay there again. The restaurant - Boatwrights - has an awesome breakfast menu. We liked the pool and splurged on the surrey bike rental which was lots of fun.

Upvote 0

jriddle

Yes!!! You will love this resort. We have stayed at The Contemporary, Beach Club, & Fort Wilderness Cabins, & this is by far our favorite. We stayed there the first week of December 2004, & our booked for May 28th- June 4th 2005. We stayed in Alligator Bayou with a water view. It was absolutely beautiful. The food court is one of the best. The pool area, Old Man Island, is large & fun. This resort is so secluded & quiet, you don't know you are at Disney. It is a 20 minute boat ride to Downtown Disney. Enjoy!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

PO-Riverside is the best resort I've stayed in. It has a very relxing atmosphere which counters the bustling crowds of the parks quite nicely. When I was there I felt like I was in a different world.

It is also especially nice for fans of the Frontierland style of theming-like me.

Upvote 0

fjm777

We stayed there last December in one of the last buildings that had not been through the rehab. The room was still nice and the resort was great. I understand that all rooms have been finished so I'm sure it could only be better.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
have stayed there a couple of times, both in aligator bayou. Asked for a block close to the main building. Handy for the car park. food court and bus stop.

The ferry to DTD was an unexpected treat and you have the quiet pools and the main pool at both French quarter and POR to use.

Upvote 0

Kadee

Wonderful! It is absolutely wonderful! We had the BEST experience there. We did have a room in the mansion section that was very close to the main building (food court, gameroom, giftshop) so that made it really good. It was a very short walk across the cutest wooden bridge that went over the river that goes around the resort. The restaurant there is good, too. Go there for breakfast. I don't think you will be disappointed about anything.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

My wife and I returned from Riverside this past Tuesday. We had a wonderful time. Our room in the magnolia terrace building was just perfect. We had a king sized bed room. Comes with fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, and a ceiling fan. Everything was very clean.

Our room was located with an easy walk to the east bus depot. Never had to wait long for a bus. I think 5 minutes was the top. Only bus problem was getting back from the magic kingdom at close with everyone else. Took 4 busses to for us to get on but there were busses showing up every five minutes so we only have to wait about 20 minutes or so.

The grounds are in good shape with everything starting to bloom for spring. Didn't have much of a change to walk around to explore other parts of the resort, but what we saw from the raod looked nice. We ate at the food court (great hamburgers and cheese steaks) and at the sit down restaurant for breakfast. We very much enjoyed both. Didn't use any of the pools, but the main pool looked like a lot of fun with the old leaky gutter/mill run and the old kitchen sink acting like fountains.

We've stayed at all the moderate resorts now and this has been one of our best experiences at that price level. Still a toss up for me between Carribbean Beach and now Riverside.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I took my 79-year-young Dad for his first trip ever to WDW in November, and we stayed at POR. It was GREAT!!! The rooms were lovely, the buses were frequent and on time, the food court had enough variety that we ate breakfast and dinner there every night and never felt limited, the grounds were immaculate, the pool was in a terrific location and fun...I could go on and on, but everything was just grand. We took the boat trip to Downtown Disney several nights, and really enjoyed it - just as much, in fact, as we enjoyed the parks during the day! We're headed back again this fall - and we'll be staying at POR.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

yes por orleans riverside gets my vote as well .we've stayed there every year since 96 and love it everytime...stayed once inthe mansions but love alligator bayour section...its very secluded or it seems that way ..but its still close to the dining hall bus transportaion...and there is lots to to at this resort as well, boatwrights is a great restaurant there...great bannana stuffed french toast...and there is a great comedic piano guy that plays in the lounge on most nites....you'lll love it there...we'll be there in 39 more days!!!!

Upvote 0

Number_6

My family and I stayed at POR last August when we were down for vacation and we loved it. Now we live in Orlando and my kids want to stay at a couple of Disney resorts during the last week of July because my son's birthday is then and my daughter's is in August when school is back in session. My son chose The Contemporary, but my daughter chose POR because she loved it so much. She didn't even consider anyplace else, even though I gave her the choice of any of the resorts.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

POR is great. We have stayed at Poly and GF and granted they have more ammenties (sp) you cant beat the price. You almost get the feel of a delux for the price of the mods. Check out Debs Disney for some pics of the resort and room interiors.

Attachments

• 12-18-04 Day 032.jpg
    12-18-04 Day 032.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0
This was the first on site hotel we ever stayed, it was beautiful. They have a large themed pool plus a few "quiet" pools which you could use even at night (my mom's favorite part of the day). Plus, beignets for breakfast... :slurp:

Upvote 0

PanDuckPA

POR probably, the best resort in WDW

I have stayed in both Alligator Bayou and the Magonlia Bend Mansion homes before the refurbs, in 2002 and 2003, going back this year in October for my Honeymoon, my BH (better half) who has been to WDW more then I have she loves POR better then anywhere she stayed before, I like it because it reminds me of the South, being from Philadelphia, I just love the tranquillity of it, only complaint I ever had was when the Pop Warner kids we're there in '03 it got loud, but you know kids will be kids and we still had the quiet pools to swim in and we had it all to ourselves, cause majority of the people probably thought it was too cold,but it is ever romantic and usually very quiet there, you have Boatwrights like everyone else is saying I love the Blueprint Omelet and my BH loves the Crescent City French Toast, the pizza is also good for a snack and you have the most bus depots in all of the Resort and you can easily slip Downtown for change of pace if you want to go shopping or enjoy the evening and I have never been to the Piano Bar but been past it and listened for a few minutes, the guy playing is excellent and very hysterical.

To, sum it all up like everyone has said POR is a great and affordable resort to stay at.

7 Months and 1 day before I return home.... :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

CenterLine

My wife and I have enjoyed our stays at POR. Out of the resorts that we have stayed at we like POR the best. We usually stay in the Aligator Bayou section of the resort.
The grounds are great, we never have had any probelms with the busses here and the boat trip to Downtown Disney is very nice and relaxing.
This is where we are planning on staying on our next visit to WDW.

Upvote 0

stuart

Erm how to say how much we like Riverside....look at my signature.

Well now for what i think. Well we think that Riverside is one of the best resorts on property and while its not a deluxe resort, its got lots going for it and its quite close to MK, EPCOT and of course DD. And its not that bad the bus trip to AK MGM BB. What is probably the best thing about it is that its the quietest resort on property. Its all quite spread out and we stay in July and the only time you really notice that it is peak season is when you go into the food court and pool. Also its great having all the quiet pools and the food court and arcade and main centre of the resort itself is just a nice place to spend time. Just got to love that resort whether your in the bayou or mansions its great. Cant wait to get back.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom