Port Orleans Riverside

Diznee Mom

Hi all. I just changed my ressies from CBR to POR. I hope I did the right thing. POR looks so beautiful, I just had to try it. Anyone want to pass along their reviews of POR? Any pictures? I just can't see enough pictures of this place and I want to try to get a really good one for my background. I've requested the Mansions, as the Bayou rooms really don't appeal to me. I hope I get my request.

Chris

We stayed at POR in Oct 02 and loved it. The reosrt is beautifuly themed and the pool is one of the best on property. There is a lot to do we rented a boat, rode bikes, took the ferry to DD. The food court is a little small but the resort is really wonderful.

36 Days, 0 Hours, 41 Minutes and 51 Seconds!

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I've stayed there 3 times. It's the best moderate resort. Roomy, but you can get to the pool without hiring a taxi (caribbean beach...)

I've also stayed in both types of rooms. Mansion twice, bayou once. They are both roomy, but the exterior of the mansion is certainly nicer!

Enjoy! You've made a good choice!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You have certainly chosen one of the best Moderates out there!! I Adore it and I keep calling it my Southern Home. I absolutely recommend Boatwright's for breakfast. Good portionsof awesome food, great prices and a nice calm atmosphere to start the day!!! I do have some pics of PO Riverside but they are home. If you still need them after all this, PM me your E mail address and I will send them along. Belle

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

It is beautiful and great. Even though I am in love with Caribbean Becah, my second pick is Riverside as I had a great time whilst staying there.

The pool was great, and the views are phenomenal throughout the Resort. Def. wlak the cariiage path over to French Quarter, if you can with refurbishment and stuff, and look at all the mansions from across the river. The landscaping only adds to the charming ambiance.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

Great choice u will not regret it. This resort is the best moderate resort in my oppinion. Its just beautiful the mansions are my fav. too. Make sure u eat at Boat wrights its delicious. and go on the boat ride to dtd it is beautiful. Have lots of fun.:)

Upvote 0

andre85

"This resort is the best moderate resort in my oppinion"

I not only consider it the best moderate resort, but the best resort on the property period.

Upvote 0

BigNorm

POR is fantastic! I had wanted to stay there for many years now and finally got to this year, and I don't think I want to stay anywhere else on property. I think it's that good! You won't be disappointed at all with it.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Glad to see all the great reviews! This will be my first time at POR as well. Here's my question - I'm going with my Dad and my 12 year old - I requested Alligator Bayou instead of the more "romantic" Mansions. What I correct in doing this or crazy?

Oops - one more question, just broke my ankle Monday - is one section closer to the buses than the other?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Gucci, Sorry to hear about your ankle!! As far as being closer to the bus stops, I think the Bayou section wins for that one in the area I was in for that. I was in Building 14 which is VERY close to the Main Bldg and the bus stop there.
I prefer the Mansion area as I feel it is laid out in a more straightfoward manner, also this section has elevators, the Bayou area doesnt.
I would encourage you to look at the resort map to get a better idea. Deb Wills has a copy of it scanned on WDWIG.com under the accomodations section, under Port Orleans Riverside, under photos ( usually the first photo)
I hope you have an awesome trip!! Belle

Upvote 0

Diznee Mom

Original Poster
Thanks for all the positive reviews. You've put my mind at ease...I made the right decision:sohappy: I can't wait!!

Magic Maniacs, thanks for that site. Those were alot of great pictures I hadn't seen yet.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You have absolutely made the right choice!!! PO Riverside is a huge favorite among a LOT of people on this board and seems to have a great repeat business. The Landscaping has won quite a few awards and quite justifably so. The deep South feeling is everywhere. Not only in the buildings and landscaping but in the warmth of its staff too. If you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to ask!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Diznee Mom

Original Poster
Thank you Belle. That's so nice of you. The only request I made was a non smoking room in the Mansions. I didn't specify a building. What do you think my chances are of getting my request? The Mansions appeal to me so much more than the Bayou.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Good Move. Port Orleans is very nice. Make sure you take the time to walk over to French Quarter (if it is open) to see the transition from Bayou to the City. Both resorts flow together perfectly, everything from the scenery to the music change more and more as you go along.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Good Move. Port Orleans is very nice. Make sure you take the time to walk over to French Quarter (if it is open) to see the transition from Bayou to the City. Both resorts flow together perfectly, everything from the scenery to the music change more and more as you go along.

Yes!! That's exactly what I said earlier in the thread. It is like a necessary thing to do b/c it is executed so perfectly. I had a great time on that walk, and then we explored FQ. Hope it's open for you to check out and make the stroll.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom