Port Orleans Riverside

Diznee Mom

Hi all. I just changed my ressies from CBR to POR. I hope I did the right thing. POR looks so beautiful, I just had to try it. Anyone want to pass along their reviews of POR? Any pictures? I just can't see enough pictures of this place and I want to try to get a really good one for my background. I've requested the Mansions, as the Bayou rooms really don't appeal to me. I hope I get my request.

wannabeBelle

I Am very much a non-smoker also and I have never had a problem with any Disney resort as far as getting a nonsmoking room. The Mansion section is actually broken down into 4 different buildings, Parterre Place (this is where I have ended up everytime I have stayed there), Arcadia House ( Which I believe is the smoking building), Magnolia Bend, and Oak Manor.
I stayed in Parterre Place each time I have stayed in the Mansion area. I just love the location of this building. Right on the banks of the Sassagoula and a footbridge away from the Main Area for breakfast!!! The one time I went with my Mom I had specifically upgraded to a WaterView room. I was thrilled when I got to my room as I had a lovely corner room that was steps from the footbridge overlooking the river and the other corner faced towards the quiet pool between Parterre Place and Arcadia House!!! Mom was in Heaven!!! Well worth the $10 a night!! I dont know if that would work out so wonderfully each time but it did turn out really well for me that time. Belle

Upvote 0

swhite

Belle that sounds like exactly what we are looking for we stayed in Alligator Bayou last year and will be going Dec 5 to stay in the mansions this year, by any chance do you recall the room number of that paticular room in Parterre Place? We've requested waterview but what you described is exactly the room we are looking for. Is that the building that you pass by on the Downtown Disney ferry,if so that is the building I would like to request any help would be great Thanks :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey SWhite, If memory serves which is always a questionable thing I think it was 9514. It was a ground level room in Parterre Place right by the foot bridge and the Quiet pool for that area. If you check out this link:
http://www.wdwig.com/pomap1.jpg
This is a map of the resort. We stayed in Parterre Place which is building # 95 There are two buildings that sort of look like wings. We were in the one to the right side of the main building and closer to the first large letter "P" that you see there. Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Sorry I forgot about the rest of my message!!! LOL SWhite I Am going to be at PO Riverside exactly the same time you are!!! Are you coming in for the Mega Meet or the Meet & Greet from this board? We are actually having a private dessert party on December 5th in the Fantasmic Arena. Kinda like a miniature venetian hour while the show is going on. If you are interested in attending PM Me or Kingdom Konsultant as soon as possible so we can include you if you'd like!! Even if you arent able to make it to that there is a Mega Meet being held on the 6th in the Dolphin Resort in the old CopaBanana room. It is a gathering of all of your favorite Web site founders and representatives and guide book authors will be present. If you have a question, this is DEFINITELY the place to go!!! We are also going to be wearing the WDWMagic.com official Meet & Greet shirts so if you see us come and say hello!!! Belle

Upvote 0

MicBat

I've not yet stayed there, but I will be staying there when my parents drop me off for my WDWCP stay in January! I'm glad to hear so many people like it!

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Great Choice

POR is our favorite Moderate resort. We tend to be night owls so the ferry over to DD is great!! My husband loves the food! It reminds us of good times we have spent in New Orleans. We seem to always stay at Oak Manor when we go. A little bit of a walk (not good for you it sounds like :( ) But very quiet adn totally romantic. Try and request a corner room for more light (2 windows). The one thing we have had trouble with in this resort is the bus system to MK. We waited 45 min. one morning for the bus and missed early entry all together. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Can't go wrong with POR. 11/28-12/07 will be my 9th visit !! I obviously was hooked the 1st time I stayed. As much as I would like to experience some of the other properties I just can't bring myself to book anything else. Beside's, when ya find something good stick with it.

IF your around at nite and he's there, check out the guy in the lobby bar. Corny as H, but he is funny. And he always gets kids involved.

And get to the food court early. It get's mobbed fast.

Upvote 0

susie2

hi, we have just booked port orleans riverside for dec next year, if you dont mind i have two questions, firstly are there christmas decorations up and what are they like, also can anyone tell me what time the boat to downtown disney starts in the morning and finishes at night thanks for any help susie :confused:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Susie, Welcome to the boards....As far as Christmas decorations, they go up all over the property on the night of Thanksgiving, so it will be all dressed up for your trip. It is a lovely time of year to visit. I just got home from my trip on Wednesday. I dont have any pics of the Chrstmas decorations, but they are lovely!!! Are you going to be attending the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party or the Candlelight Processional or both during your visit? Make sure you catch the Travel Channel Special tonight at 9 pm regarding Christmas at WDW. Hopefully this will give you a good idea.
As far as the boat thing.....remember it might be pretty cold on the Sassagoula!! Bring a jacket!! I know it runs most of the day but the times have changed depending on the time of year I was there. Id call the resort directly at 1-407-934-6000 to find out that information. Im sure they would have the schedule for now and just use that as a guide for next year as it will probably be very similar if not identical!! Have an awesome time!! Belle

Upvote 0

susie2

thank you belle for your welcome and your reply, unfortunately i am in liverpool england so i dont have your travel channel, but yes we will be going to mvmcp and cp, we will be there from the 11 dec till the 27 dec 04 and we are really looking forward to seeing disney world at christmas, thank you again for your reply susie :xmas:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We love Dixie Landings (AKA POR) We haven't stayed there since "the change" in the name, (we joined DVC) but we find it our favorite mod resort.

One of the best things is the food court. I think it is the best on property. The themeing is beautiful and relaxing, the pool is nice, even has a good play ground. We have stayed in both sides, and I like we like AB the best, more laid back and it semmed closer.

We always go in winter, and I have never seen it with the magnolia trees in bloom, someday I would like to.

You made a great choice, have a wonderful stay.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am not sure about Magnolia trees but I took a ton of pics in May when I was down there. I usually pop in arouind then for my birthday!!! If anyone wants them E mail me and Ill be glad to send!!! Belle

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Originally posted by Diznee Mom
Hi all. I just changed my ressies from CBR to POR. I hope I did the right thing. POR looks so beautiful, I just had to try it. Anyone want to pass along their reviews of POR? Any pictures? I just can't see enough pictures of this place and I want to try to get a really good one for my background. I've requested the Mansions, as the Bayou rooms really don't appeal to me. I hope I get my request.

Very nice choice. We have stayed at Port Orleans French Qtr one time and the PO Riverside 3 times. We have always stayed in the Bayou section and it is beautiful. I can't say about the mansions because I have not stayed at them. But to me, I would rather stay in the Bayou for 2 reasons.

1) It seemed like the mansions were not spread out and private as much as the Bayou section. I could be wrong but that is how it seemed to me.

2) The laundry rooms are by the Mansions. Which is nice because they are close. But also you have additional foot trafic in your area.

Anyway, regardless if you stay in the Mansions or the Bayou section. It is a beautiful resort.

Mike

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

I must agree with PhD about the foodcourt! :slurp:

I have stayed at "Dixie Landings" 3 times (twice in the mansions, once in the bayou...loved both) but haven't stayed there since the P.O.R rehab....

We're looking into going back there next December.

Could anyone who has been there post-rehab tell me if anything has changed?

Upvote 0

Debbie

We just stayed at POR on Dec.10 +11 for my first time. For years we stayed at Poly and Contemporary. I was so pleased with POR that I told my husband that we will begin to stay there when we go. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas, the food court was nice, and the grounds nice. Our room was nice, as a matter of fact, I didn't notice a difference from our POR room vs. our three nites at Wilderness Lodge. The rooms seemed the same in size.
I don't know about staying in Alligator Bayou as they remind me of camps. Camps here in South Louisiana are on the water, where most people around here vacation. (Alot of folks around here have never left the state of La.)

Upvote 0

MicBat

Originally posted by Debbie
We just stayed at POR on Dec.10 +11 for my first time. For years we stayed at Poly and Contemporary. I was so pleased with POR that I told my husband that we will begin to stay there when we go. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas, the food court was nice, and the grounds nice. Our room was nice, as a matter of fact, I didn't notice a difference from our POR room vs. our three nites at Wilderness Lodge. The rooms seemed the same in size.
I don't know about staying in Alligator Bayou as they remind me of camps. Camps here in South Louisiana are on the water, where most people around here vacation. (Alot of folks around here have never left the state of La.)
:lol: How true is that?! Im glad to read such good things about the resort! I'll be there January 16 - 18 before my CP sign in.

I like the avatar, Debbie!! :D Good 'Ol Mister Bingle!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom