Port Orleans Riverside

teenamw

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside in November. Will the pools still be open then? Is Boatright any good? Any suggestions on things to do there would be appreciated.

DisneyPhD

Water sprites are the small 2 seater "speed" boats that you see at some of the resorts and downtown disney. Each resort gets a different color(DD is white, FW is blue). I don't think Dixie Landings has any though but you can rent them at Downtown Disney. There are other boats for rent at Dixie but it would take you a while to get to DD and back.

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

As you may note by my past visits below, I love Dixie Landings...uh, Riverside. I refuse to accept the name change. We just tried the Caribbean Beach for the first time. It was okay, but POR is better. Boatwright's is also very good. We have had many excellant breakfasts and dinners there. You will love it.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
There are other boats for rent at Dixie but it would take you a while to get to DD and back.

WOOOWHOOO!! paddle boats!! next time we visit DL, my family and i are going to have a race! 2 of us will rent a paddle boat, the other 2 will rent a surrey bike, and see who gets to DD first! the losers buy the winners a dinner at House of Blues! wooo!! :hammer:
ok, so really we're just racing to FQ and back...but still! which do you all think will be the fastest? i wanna be sure to be on the winning team!

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

:lol: i was just playin on my last post...i'm not really insane, i promise! :animwink: i just let my imagination run a little too wild with me! but you gotta admit...it was kinda creative! :lol:

Upvote 0

kev9035

Paddle Boats

I may be wrong, and someone can correct me but... I do not think that the paddle boats are permitted past a certian point at Port Orleans, thus, you can not reach Downtown Disney with them.

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

Dixie Landings is home as far as I'm concerned. Ask to stay in either Oak Manor, or Magnolia Terrace, they're both absolutely beautiful.

The best things to eat: somebody mentioned the banana stuffed french toast, which is incredible. Try the breakfast pizza in the food court, it's great.

My favorite thing to do at Dixie is to take the boats to Downtown Disney and back. They go down the Sassagoula River, stopping at POFQ and on to DD. The ride is tranquil and scenic, especially at night. It does tend to be a bit chilly in January. Not sure about November, haven't been there in November.

The rooms are all basically the same design, but the decorating is themed. A lot of rooms have old photographs, some of which are relatives of CMs.

Enjoy the atmosphere and enjoy the Resort.

96 days to go!

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

We just got back for POR and it was lovely. The boats (Called Water MICE) are great, but we took a 4 seater boat down to DTD and back and it took exactly an hour including a couple of laps of the DTD marina.

We only ate at the food court and it was nice. The all cheese pizza was nice, didn't go much on the other pizzas.

Breakfast was a great variety as well.

The landscaping and general ambience is great, I recommend this hotel.

Upvote 0

kev9035

WaterMice/Paddle Boats

See, I was clearly wrong. Does anyone know when they started to permit you to go all the way to Downtown Disney with the boats?

Upvote 0

Gracy_hm

HI!!!

I just booked a room here for the Nevember 26'th- the 30'th!

I can't wait I am so excited.

I have never been in a Disney Hotel and I can't wait!

Do the boats run now?

Thanks,
Kyle B.

Upvote 0

CO806

port orleans

They have the best Waterslide at the pool:D The ride back and forth to downtown disney on the boats is best especially at night,it helps to relax after a long day of Disney fun.:cool:

1999- Dixie landings

2001- Dixie landings

Upvote 0
I loved this resort when I stayed there in Feb. I just wish the boat to DTD was open when I was there, not to mention the French Quarter. I wanted to check out the resort, but it was being remodeled at the time.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

woooooohooooooo

i love this resort.................it will always be dixie landings to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! going back to this wonderful resort in 18 more days...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hammer:

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

actually, i am kind of glad the CBR is closing. I really wanted to go to port orleans riverside, but the lady talked me into CBR when i called in june. However, since CBR closed, they gave me a room at POR!!!

Im happy now :) I loved it during our stay in 98. (Dixie Landings). I just thought it was really laid back and had a lot of fun things to do. I also LOVED the ride from to Downtown Disney. Does anyone remember: does the boat take you FROM DTD to POR? or is it one way only form POR to DTD. I really dont remember!!! :(

thanx:hammer:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

boat ride

there is a boat that takes you both ways ,,,, to dtd then back to po..........oh im so glad you got to stay there....is'nt it so comfy there?!! i love it.....

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

We totally love Dixie Landings (that'll always be the name to me). We've never eaten at boatwrights, but have heard good things. As far as I know the pool should be open. We've gone in December and Jan. and its always been available.
We're trying something new and going to WL in December, but if it wasn't for the great deal we got, we'd be staying at DL
Have fun!!

Upvote 0

JJHale

POR (Dixie Landings!) is a fantastic resort. I love walking along the river in the morning. It is so peaceful and relaxing, seems far removed from the hustle and bustle of WDW. The last 2 times we have stayed in the mansions, this year (hey wait a minute ... we're leaving TODAY!) we asked for a Bayou room. I can't wait.

By the way, IMHO breakfast is the best meal at Boatwrights but the whole food court is good.

Dixie Landings here we come!!! Ten days!!! See ya when we get back!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lance

I just got back, spent 3 nights at POR, lived up to all my expectations........best resort food court in WDW, great ambienence, stayed in oak manor, had no scouting report, so I just picked Oak Manor, it was good, got a corner room on the second floor with the two windows.

I really enjoyed POR, I walked around the whole resort the first night, and what a walk, it's a big resort.

Best moderate in WDW, and I highly recommend staying at POR.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

love this place

i just love to hear great things about this resort..........we have stayed here 5 times...........we are going back in 16 days.........cant wait.....

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I too am going on an unexpected trip there in Oct. Got a fright when they said I had no reservation, got my name and address wrong but surprise surprise still got my card details right.
Still all sorted shame my wife checked the mail before i got home and found the confermation cause I had planned it as a surprise.

Can anyone tell me if requests are normally shown on the reservation?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom